WIG CHALLENGE 2009

I am doing so well on this challenge! It's an easy one for me b/c I :love: :love2: :love4: WIGS! I have purchased WAY too many... especially with such great sales going on!

Have any of you ladies tried the Freetress Sportswigs? They have soft headbands attached in the front, and metal combs both front and back. I have Volley Girl. You really could wear these to play sports in and they would NOT slip off or even slide back at all. I TRIED to dislodge mine and nearly broke my back :lachen:but the wig stayed put :wink2: I wish they came in longer lengths...

Attachments

• VolleyGirl.jpg
    VolleyGirl.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 40
Dammit I can't stop. I got this from Especially yours for something not so straight (Simiweave Nathalie)
NATH7-w-R-q.jpg

and I got this textured one for further along my stretch (Outre Chandra)
chandra_M.jpg

I'll post pics when they arrive

Last edited:
Welcome Niesy924 and MissTobz!

ps. Ekaette are you joining us, too? I wasn't sure if you wanted to join, but there half wig is HOT! It blends with your hair very well.

I agree with you CD, I used to have that one but not anymore. I wore it out:grin:.

Welcome Ekaette! Lol, no one knows more than me how addicting wigs are. I love wigs- this is the perefct challenge for me.

Observation ladies- I like my half wigs better than my whole wigs- let me rephrase, I am noticing that my edges don't like my whole wigs.

I joined the wig challenge 12/31/08 and used megatek daily. I love the Cathy Howse Products as well as hairveda. I luv it here:drunk::yep::lick::grin: at lhcf!:spinning::yep::rolleyes:

Attachments

• pikistrip.jpg
    pikistrip.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Dammit I can't stop. I got this from Especially yours for something not so straight (Simiweave Nathalie)
NATH7-w-R-q.jpg

and I got this textured one for further along my stretch (Outre Chandra)
chandra_M.jpg

I'll post pics when they arrive

I have been eyeing Nathalie! It looks really cute, can't wait to see pics!

I'm not sure which wig thread to post to so I'll post to both. I finally got my Simiweave Nathalie. I'm having issues with the wig clips but I'll post pics when I figure it out. It looks like the pic like a really nice rollerset.
I also got my Outre Chandra and it's probably going to be my go to style in the later weeks of a stretch. Here it is. Pls excuse my sleep deprived face.
First here is what it's supposed to look like
chandra_M.jpg

And here it is on me
DSC05251.jpg

DSC05260a.jpg

DSC05262.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

Just stopping past to see how you ladies are doin. I will be borrowing this challenge soon. I need to 1. Get through the winter and 2. Get my hair off of my shoulders to reach my goal. See you ladies soon as I get my wig.

I'm back to wearing my wig this week -- took out sew in on Saturday nite. I'm wearing a lace top wig. (will post pic soon). It feels good to feel my own hair again! I can do that when I get home after work and take it off. :lachen:

I wore my festival wig all of last week after my henna treatment and will continue to wear it this week too. I'm due to have my extension braids done this coming weekend. I am trying to stretch my texlaxer to 12 weeks again this time around:yep:.

I personally keep my hair plaited or in cornrows under my full wigs(prefer over half wigs) - and my hairline stays just fine

**just offering a random tip**

I'm not sure which wig thread to post to so I'll post to both. I finally got my Simiweave Nathalie. I'm having issues with the wig clips but I'll post pics when I figure it out. It looks like the pic like a really nice rollerset.
I also got my Outre Chandra and it's probably going to be my go to style in the later weeks of a stretch. Here it is. Pls excuse my sleep deprived face.
First here is what it's supposed to look like
chandra_M.jpg

And here it is on me
DSC05251.jpg

DSC05260a.jpg

DSC05262.jpg

DSC05259.jpg
Thats cute. Not very much like the pic...I guess if you brushed it out. How's the "shine factor"?

Thats cute. Not very much like the pic...I guess if you brushed it out. How's the "shine factor"?

You're right it really doesn't look anything like the picture but it was pretty cheap so postage and handling fees would make it more expensive to return. Do you think I should separate the curls/brush them out? Would it look more realistic?

Oh, Ekaette, that Chandra looks way better on you than it does in the stock photo. I had seen that one for sale but thought it wasn't cute. Seeing it on you makes me wish I had bought one for myself. It looks a lot like my natural texture. Don't return it! It looks gorgeous :gorgeous:!

I have so many cute half wigs that I never wear because I'm too lazy to do all that work of blending, and I feel dumb with a headband. I'm gonna try rollersetting my leaveout so I can rock some of these cute half wigs this week.

Are any of you ladies wearing Omega part wigs? I bought 3 from Hairsisters and one of them looks dumb. :sad: But the others look pretty nice. I'm in the process of cornrowing my hair now, and then I'll flat iron my leave-out. Hopefully it'll look decent.

Who else is wearing them?

Back