WIG CHALLENGE 2009

hey ladies what are your guys hair regimines since we are wigging it up

Once a week I shampoo, and condition then cornrow so that I can wear my wigs. I use MN and Mega Tek for growth. I'm experiencing some issues with alopecia once again so I've had to reintroduce the Mega Tek and MN. I had laid off of the Mega Tek because it was too drying but since I've discovered that bald patch has re-emerged I figured I better do something quick!

This is my newest wig. I bought it last Friday for the Nephew Tommy Comedy Show which came to Syracuse last night. OMG!! What a blast that show was! And ladies let me tell you... Nephew Tommy is a good lookin' brotha! LOL!! :grin:

New wig - 3/7/09:

Attachments

• Nephew Tommy nite out - My wig style.jpg
    Nephew Tommy nite out - My wig style.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 33
I'm sorry to hear this Jaded Faerie.....what was your wig regimen?

My edges are actually in the best shape of my life!

Good luck.....CurliD
Mine too. Although I have to admit, I've been wearing my Old Navt t-shirt headwrap much more than my wig. :grin:

I'm in the market for an Egyptian style wig...dead straight and jet black. Any suggestions, review or pics?

EGYPTIAN_M.jpg
FCB-81-Alexandria-Girl1_M.jpg

Hairsisters is having a decent sale on wigs. I bought two, I can't figure out how to link the pictures of them, but when I get them I will take pics and post them here!!

I wore a curly wig (that I pulled out my closet) this weekend that I brushed out and cut for a big "Traci Ross" loose-curl look that I got so many compliments on - but I can't remember the brand or style name! :wallbash: I had already cut the combs and tag out.

I want to buy another one in a 1B/30 color blend. :ohwell: I need to keep a folder with the wig packaging info, so this does not happen again.....

oooooh I wanna join!!! Is it too late? This will be sooo easy for me! In addition to wearing the wig I am going to be cowashing twice per week and deep conditioning twice per week along with baggying here and there and keeping my hair and ends well moisturized. I am also stretching my relaxers to 16 weeks. I want in ladies!:grin:

ok sorry it took me so long tobe back online the

brand and name of my natual curly wig is....

orpah curl by qsensee' why its called a oprah wig i have NO idea because i have never seen oprahs hair like that...

i phurchased it at a bsb store near my home i havent found any online retailers but i will try to get more info from my bsb when i go there this weeekend

Just updating.

In transition and will probably do the big chop soon. Contemplating getting one of the more affordable synthetic lace fronts. I really like the one from outre that's shoulder length & straight, but I tend to have problems dealing with straight wigs. And I'm thinking curly maybe less heavy during the summer.

Still working on my regime. I do know protein is my bestest friend. And I'm pretty good with the deep conditioner. Still working on a HG shampoo.

1.) How many wigs do you own? Do you have one for work, club, on the go, etc?

2.) Those who use the baggy method while wearing the wig, is your hair wet or moisturized when you take the shower cap off?

I received my first two wigs a week ago: Fuzzy Navel by Glance Model Model and Gabriel (Outre Batik wig).

They are both very pretty. I had to cut the FN cause it was too dang long.

I want to join this challenge. I will be wearing curly/wavy/crimped wigs all spring/summer long.

I would really like to join, especially since I'm just getting into the wigs for the summer, but I am a little concerned about wearing the stocking cap all day, every day.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their nape or edges thinning as a result of this??

Hey Everyone!

I am trying to get in on this challenge BUT I really want to purchase from a black owned beauty supplier.

I'm leaning towards:

Sensationnel "Goddess" Remi
BJ Celebrity Remy "Royal"
BJ Remy "Annette"

If anyone knows of a supplier pm me please!

I received my first two wigs a week ago: Fuzzy Navel by Glance Model Model and Gabriel (Outre Batik wig).

They are both very pretty. I had to cut the FN cause it was too dang long.

I want to join this challenge. I will be wearing curly/wavy/crimped wigs all spring/summer long.

Oh, that Gabriel piece is the buttery-hotness!:yay:

I don't know if I posted this or not yet :spinning: but I totally fail the wig challenge. I put in some micros (which are looking pretty cute :gorgeous:) and I'm back to doing Crown & Glory for a while. Meanwhile, I've still got 5011 wigs waiting patiently for me to stop philandering and come on back home! :lachen:

Is it too late to join this challenge? I just bought a wig and my cousin gave me a brand new one she didn't want so I'm ready.

still trying to perfect my regi so it might take me sometime before I post it.

Question: with your hair in cornrows under the wig do you co-wash? how often? are you unbraiding the hair or just co washing with the hair braided?

1.) How many wigs do you own? Do you have one for work, club, on the go, etc?

2.) Those who use the baggy method while wearing the wig, is your hair wet or moisturized when you take the shower cap off?

1. 2 wigs

2. Both, it depends on my mood. This weekend it was wet because I slathered on the conditioner. Today, just moist because I lightly spritzed my hair with water and infusium.

Picture075.jpg

new half wig
Modu ANYTIME SYNTHETIC HALF WIG TM-153

washed let air dry LIGHTLY combed with wig brush and pick for height
27.99 @ Hairsisters
24.95 @ gmbs

Last edited:
Back