WIG CHALLENGE 2009

Below are pictures of my starting length and my synthetic lace front bob wig that I am wearing now.
small011509starting.JPG

smallsynlacefrontbob1.jpg

I will cowash once a week
shampoo and deep condition once a week
Every now and then I will cornrow my natural hair under my wig
Moisturize at night and in morning. (shea butter, olive oil, etc.)

I'm in. I started the wig challenge a few weeks ago unexpectedly after finding out that my natural hair is not holding up too well in humid hot air. Anyhow, my regiment is the following:

1. Hair is cornrowed underneath and rebraided shampooed and conditioned once a
week or when I have the time
2. Hair is moisturised with leave in twice a day
3. The ends of my hair I use my Qhemet Biologics tuck it all in

Let's see how this works.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Welcome Almond Eyes! :yep:

Below are pictures of my starting length and my synthetic lace front bob wig that I am wearing now.
small011509starting.JPG

smallsynlacefrontbob1.jpg

I will cowash once a week
shampoo and deep condition once a week
Every now and then I will cornrow my natural hair under my wig
Moisturize at night and in morning. (shea butter, olive oil, etc.)

Looks great Shenitab!

Do you glue your lacefront or use tape?

I keep going back and forth about buying a lace wig :spinning:

I'm in several challenges including the Bootcamp and Crown & Glory challenges and i just took my braid extensions down. I am now wearing my afro puff while my hair is pulled back in one. I really like how this looks especially now that I am 11 weeks post and in need of a relaxer pronto!

The puff I'm wearing looks alot like this one:

yhst-2519492840586_2037_91811271

I'm wearing it pulled lower at the back in one. I haven't taken a pic of it yet so this is the best I can do for now.

Count me in. Below are my starting and wig pictures. I recently ordered another wig a couple of days ago.

Attachments

• conditioned twists.JPG
    conditioned twists.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Wig.JPG
    Wig.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 26
I have never worn a wig before but I'm looking for some options to avoid heat-styling while I'm stretching/considering transitioning relaxers.

I've been watching Youtube videos and a lot of the wigs are being glued in place. Is that typical? How long would someone typically wear the glued in wig?

Are there any days when you don't wear your wig? I find that the second I get in the house from work I practically snatch my wig off. :look:

I guess this post is a cry for encouragement to keep plugging along. I know my hair will thank me in the end with some very nice length rentention.

I have to keep telling myself: Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue.....

Are there any days when you don't wear your wig? I find that the second I get in the house from work I practically snatch my wig off. :look:

I guess this post is a cry for encouragement to keep plugging along. I know my hair will thank me in the end with some very nice length rentention.

I find that I cannot wear the same wig for more than 2 days in a row... not just because it isn't as good for the wig (I heard) but because I want to change it up. That's why I have practically my own BSS up in here with different colors, lengths, and styles. That might help you keep going. You can do it!

Don't feel bad EMJ, I do the same thing as soon as I get in the house myself especially after a long day at work especially:yep:.

Hi EmJazzy,

Its ok if you need to take a break from the wigs- one of the points of this challenge is to use wigs as a "protective" styling option.

But don't be afraid to wear your hair out, ocassionally. As a natural, this year I've decided to wear culry wigs that mimic my texture (and so others get used to seeing me curly) more often and I typically don't wear my wig(s) on the weekend.

I definitely take a break from my wigs every now and then. Last week I rocked bantu knot sets. Sometimes my head seems to rebel against wigs. :lol: It will itch real bad and make me too hot.

But not to worry. I am back to my trusted half wig that looks like a braid out! :yep: I love this thing!

I already ordered my full lace wig and it should be coming mid next month. I am doing to this as a protective style and to grow my hair out even more. It is shoulder length right now.

Bought 2 afro wigs. My sister-in-law wanted one so I bought a reddish one as she requested same as her hair color and a dark brown one. Now, wouldn't you know it..she wanted the dark brown one. Two days later she does not feel it fits her..I put it on her, it does fit, she is just scared to wear it!! Now, I'm going to take back my brown afro as I have the reddish one. Cute but I do not want to hear anyone say the word BOZO!!!!

yhst-2519492840586_2037_53786891

yhst-2519492840586_2034_108081514

I am looking for a new curly look wig. Which one should I get?
Or I am open to any suggestions.
i like the first one.

maybe cause i already have the curly look i want, i am more partial to straight/wavy wigs and half wigs...and i have been buying and wearing them all week. i wanna get in on this, but don't know if i could commit to that LONG, especially in the summer time. maybe i'll just stick with my own personal wig challenge...

My local BSS has the cutest synthetic lace wigs! :shocked: I had to get my PJ self out of there quick because I DO NOT need to purchase another wig...

Well I might have to go back and look at this one curly, it was hot!

I'm trying not go switch up my looks too much but man there was a curly short bob that was to die for....

Someone quick send out the PJ patrol, I need to be issued a warning for lusting :lol:

Ohh I never say this challenge I wanna join! I'll copy what I posted in the wig thread

I got my new half wig today from the BSS. I had been looking online but I wasn't sure what color I was thanks to henna. I ended up going with this 1b/33 Sensationnel Synthetic half wig
yhst-2519492840586_2035_41627455

Here is how it looks on me. My hair isn't flat ironed here but I will use my Sedu when I wear this out.
DSC05169.jpg

DSC05180.jpg

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

It's a little longer then my real hair but I haven't worn my hair down in public in at least a year (I've been in braids or in a bun or french twists) so nobody knows how long my real hair is

Is ittoo late to join? Please count me in...I have been wearing a wig since the begining of January, with twists underneath. I am also part of the DC challenge-as my goal is healthy, mosturised soft hair!!

Hey ladies,

So far so good on the wig challenge. I have been using megatek daily and washing weekly. I have been a natural for about 21 months.:yep:

Welcome Niesy924 and MissTobz!

ps. Ekaette are you joining us, too? I wasn't sure if you wanted to join, but there half wig is HOT! It blends with your hair very well.

Back