WIG CHALLENGE 2009

I am SO in. Please...
I just bought my wig. It resembles very closely my last permed hair style.
yhst-88462588038071_2035_268660116

I have been eyeing this wig for awhile. Let me know how you like it.

tia,
tishee

I've been checking out this thread for a while... this is the only challenge thread that I consistently look in so I think it's about time that I JOIN! :yep:

I have 2 half wigs... I'm starting not to like my synthetic one anymore now that I purchased a human hair wig! I loveeeee my HH wig! I'm going to ask my stylist to cut it before I return to campus... Hopefully I'll put pics up soon.

My Regimen
Shampoo Tuesday & Saturday
Prepoo on Tuesdays
Deep Condition on Saturdays
Use wide tooth comb when conditioner's in hair
Air dry with Leave-In conditioner

Daily
Moisturize & seal by section
Detangle with fingers
Apply leave-in to ends as needed
Apply MT directly to scalp 3-4x a week with applicator bottle
Bun or french braid and wear a wig

I have been eyeing this wig for awhile. Let me know how you like it.

tia,
tishee
I like it. A lot. My mom wants it. I had to say, "Let's find you a unique wig for you. This one is mine. It is synthetic, but I like it. I will graduate up to a human hair wig in a couple of months. Baby steps.

OK, I finally broke down and bought a synthetic lace front. It's the Motown Tress Lycra (stupid name) I can't wait for it to get here! :bouncygre

Hurry up, hurry up, stupid shipping!

I also bought WAY too many wigs from Hairsisters.com... I can never resist a sale. :drunk:

ETA my reggie:

I spray my real hair 2x daily with a mix of Kenra MC, Infusium 23 leave-in and some water, all shaken vigorously. I also apply NTM in the morning and HE LTR Leave-in at night.

I co-wash on Wednesdays and DC on Saturday or Sunday.

I cornrowed my hair into a spiral (as though I were getting a weave) to make the wig sit flatter on my head. I cover my hair with a silk scarf topped with a black satin scarf and a weave net when I go outside in the cold for extra protection from arctic blasts. When I'm just chilling in the house sometimes I wont wear anything under the wig, sometimes a nylon wig cap, and sometimes a satin scarf under the stretchy weave net.

I HIGHLY reccomend using the silk/satin scarf & stretchy weave net combo. Nothing will hold that slippery silk scarf on my head like that weave net.

Last edited:
My talented and trustworthy stylist is cutting my human hair wig tomorrow. I'm excited. I guess I'll have to post some before and after pics. :grin:

OK, I finally broke down and bought a synthetic lace front. It's the Motown Tress Lycra (stupid name) I can't wait for it to get here! :bouncygre

I also bought WAY too many wigs from Hairsisters.com... I can never resist a sale. :drunk:

ETA my reggie:

I spray my real hair 2x daily with a mix of Kenra MC, Infusium 23 leave-in and some water, all shaken vigorously. I also apply NTM in the morning and HE LTR Leave-in at night.

I co-wash on Wednesdays and DC on Saturday or Sunday.

I cornrowed my hair into a spiral (as though I were getting a weave) to make the wig sit flatter on my head. I cover my hair with a silk scarf topped with a black satin scarf and a weave net when I go outside in the cold for extra protection from arctic blasts. When I'm just chilling in the house sometimes I wont wear anything under the wig, sometimes a nylon wig cap, and sometimes a satin scarf under the stretchy weave net.

I HIGHLY reccomend using the silk/satin scarf & stretchy weave net combo. Nothing will hold that slippery silk scarf on my head like that weave net.

I tried ordering form hairsisters.com but they wouldn't take my international credit card:nono:, darn near broke my heart, but thank God I found quite a few really nice ones right at home:yep:.

Aggie, you can use paypal to pay Hairsisters... I didn't realize that they accepted it for the longest time. I just paid for another order from there with paypal.

It's always nice to have local options, too. :yep:

I just got my omega-part wig from there and it looks like a sew-in, for real. I like it so much I'm fighting a losing battle to keep from ordering more!

I was just about to ask about the Motown Tress lace wigs. Please post a review when it arrives. I don't want to waste my money.

Is it necessary to purchase a wig net cap if you wear a satin cap or baggy you whole head underneath?

IMO, I only wear a wig cap under a full wig. If I am wearing a half wif I find it's not really necessary to wear one. Some people do like to baggy their head under a wig, but I've never tried that. I guess it's all about preference.

Is it necessary to purchase a wig net cap if you wear a satin cap or baggy you whole head underneath?

I always wear a stocking wig cap over my baggie. It helps it to stay in place and I don't have the plastic poking thru. I've been baggie more this winter, just because the air is super dry and cold!

I wear a satin cap or sometimes nothing at all on my plain hair.

Last edited:
I had to switch from a regular wig cap to a Mesh Weaving Cap. It has made a world of difference in my comfort level. My scalp feels like it can breathe now....before the mesh cap I was feeling like that ---> :pullhair:

I had to switch from a regular wig cap to a Mesh Weaving Cap. It has made a world of difference in my comfort level. My scalp feels like it can breathe now....before the mesh cap I was feeling like that ---> :pullhair:
ty for sharing this. the last time I was in the bss I had one in my hand with the intention of using it instead of the stocking caps I had. Do you mind me asking if the one you use is in this link:
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/weneca.html

tia,
tishee

i've been wanting a human hair 1/2 wig for a while... when i saw this one on hairsisters.com for $22.99 i had to have it...

VeniceGirl_M-vi.jpg

{HUMAN HAIR FULLCAP MILKY WAY VENICE GIRL}

well needless to say she needed some tweaking, but i absolutely love it!
(i've cut, curled and slept in it... lol. i've been wearing this since 01/01/09)

here's a pic of my natural hair (&& my SO) in november '08:
ao.jpg

here's my 1/2 wig today:
100_0111.jpg

100_0107.jpg

*additional pics in fotki*

Last edited:
i've been wanting a human hair 1/2 wig for a while... when i saw this one on hairsisters.com for $22.99 i had to have it...

VeniceGirl_M-vi.jpg

{HUMAN HAIR FULLCAP MILKY WAY VENICE GIRL}

well needless to say she needed some tweaking, but i absolutely love it!
(i've cut, curled and slept in it... lol. i've been wearing this since 01/01/09)

here's a pic of my natural hair (&& my SO) in november '08:
ao.jpg

here's my 1/2 wig today:
100_0111.jpg

100_0107.jpg

*additional pics in fotki*

The last 3 are blocked on my computer from work but that first one is nice!! :up:

I would love to join, if it's not too late. I've been wearing my half wigs since the 1st I swear.

I have never worn any cap under them and have not had any problems.

I moisturize my hair with a hairveda product of choice that day, or coconut oil. I brush back all my hair into a ponytail with aloe vera gel to keep edges smooth. I roll under my ponytail and pin, this holds in my moisture all day.

I credit my half wigs and phony ponies for my current length. I've been wearing them for 2 years.

I would love to join, if it's not too late. I've been wearing my half wigs since the 1st I swear.

I have never worn any cap under them and have not had any problems.

I moisturize my hair with a hairveda product of choice that day, or coconut oil. I brush back all my hair into a ponytail with aloe vera gel to keep edges smooth. I roll under my ponytail and pin, this holds in my moisture all day.

I credit my half wigs and phony ponies for my current length. I've been wearing them for 2 years.

Welcome Shibababy!

FYI... don't use wig combs when your hair is still damp! This is the second time I've done it... I should have learned the first time. No set back... It looks like MT has seriously strengthened my roots, thank goodness.

On another note, My stylist cut my wig and it looks FAB! It looks like my hair. Length, grown out bangs, and everything. Now I'll truly feel comfortable wearing it at school.

Well, I recieved my synthetic lace front yesterday. MoTown Tress, Lycra (stupid name) and I'm disappointed. The lace part is only the middle of the front, it's not ear to ear. And the cap is so small that I can just barely fit it on this big coconut. Having wads of long cornrows pushed up in there doesn't help matters. It doesn't fit very well. I think I'll cornrow my hair in a spiral (like for a sew-in) and hopefully that will help it fit a bit better.

It cost me $45 plus shipping, which is more than I've ever spent on a wig. I wish I could return it, but I already cut the wig combs and the adjustable band clips out. Those stupid clips have torn my hair SO MANY times... :sad: Now I cut those bad boys out at the same time as I open the package.

count me in darling! being that i'm starting over, this is exactly what i did when i first started LHCF, and I'm back to ground zero.
right now my regimen is on an all time etreme low manipulation as it is dry rough and crunchy and I am eliminating all products for the exception of aphogee until I achieve homeostasis with my hair.

The next time I relax, I will incorporate back into my regimen the s-curl and coconut oil for moisturizing while bunning under the wig.

count me in darling! being that i'm starting over, this is exactly what i did when i first started LHCF, and I'm back to ground zero.
right now my regimen is on an all time etreme low manipulation as it is dry rough and crunchy and I am eliminating all products for the exception of aphogee until I achieve homeostasis with my hair.

The next time I relax, I will incorporate back into my regimen the s-curl and coconut oil for moisturizing while bunning under the wig.

Welcome Nomoweavesfome!

The great thing about a WIG.........is you can just remove it to do all of your treatments and then just put it right by on for instant syle!

Back