Why Would A Young Woman Even Entertain This?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
There were a thousand comments on this so I wasn't going to get an answer anyway but I did want to discuss this. In another thread somebody mentioned that even in the bougie circles, their college friends that got married in the early 2000's were stepmothers at 25. I'm trying to figure is this really a given and how many step kids does this younger generation of woman consider a red flag.

As far as I'm concerned, she should have never talked to this dude in the first place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I been with my boyfriend for over a year now. He’s 35, I’m 25. He is 6 feet and all muscle. He’s a truck driver and truck mechanic as well. He is also an independent contractor for a truck company. He’s also trying to open up his own moving truck company. He makes 80k+ a year plus overtime. He has 5 kids by 5 different women. He is not on child support for any of his kids. (I pulled his credit report so I know).

I met all his children and baby mothers. All kind women. He gives every baby mother a check for 500$ on the first of every month. That’s 2500$, every month. He sees his kids every Sunday faithfully since I met him. They get dropped off early and don’t leave until bedtime. That’s the only day he has free time for them. He is always on a tight schedule. I mainly see him on weekends. I work as a receptionists making pennies.

He owns a duplex, Upstairs is a 2 bedroom where his mom and younger brother(16) stay. Neither of them work. His mom gets a disability check and food stamps. Downstairs is a 3 bedroom where he keeps for his children. One bedroom for the girls (ages 10,9,6). And one for the boys (9,4) and one for us. (I have no idea how he got the mothers to accept the project triplets on a cordial level; I assume it’s the money). So he makes good money, take care of his kids and family, no debt.

My question is, he asked me to move in with him and he said he do want marriage one day. The problem is his mom is a lifetime commitment and he got a vasectomy. I do want kids in my future maybe in 5 years. Should I continue this relationship or move on? Because I feel like that’s eventually going to be our deal breaker, with him taking care of all these people anyway.

*******Edit:
1. There are a lot of comments and I can’t keep up. I didn’t expect to be so attacked.

2. Just a little more information: I am not with him for money. He hasn’t given me any money. But yes he does pays for our dinner dates and if I moved in he would also be HELPING me.

3. He is not using me or grooming or lying to me. He has laid everything out to me about his past. I met all the mother, and they are all kind and has moved on from him. They all work and take of their kids full time. He don’t need me to help watch them. He spends his Sunday’s with them and they go home. I love children and would like some in the future. He has stated he knows situation doesn’t sound great. All he can do is continue to do right by his family and try to correct his past wronging.

4. He has never ask me for help or compromises. He motivates me and tries to encourage me to be better in life. There is NO DRAMA or BAGGAGE because he’s lives a very structured lifestyle. His life is more put together than mine. I’m struggling and he has it together. And drama will hinder this. So he does his best to do right by everybody.

5. I’ll reiterate, the issue is his mom, and the vasectomy. She is able to walk but just lazy if you ask me. She’s needy and takes advantage of him. I would never agree to taking care of her. I am WELL AWARE that leaving is an option. I have contemplated this and have been communicating this with him and sometimes feel maybe it’s time to go. He is asking for me to move in that’s why I’m feeling pressure in our relationship for the next steps and sought advice.

*I will not be replying anymore* Thanks.

Lord Have Mercy. :nono:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, move on and send him my way. You have only said you have a hardworking man with stable income, good taste in woman, a home owner, dedicated to his family, has dreams to own his business but still working hard until then. He is willing to work all week but still demand to make time for his kids. Girl.....if you walk away from him, I assure you many women in this group will hunt him down and snatch him up b4 you get all your rollers out of his unit. He’s too young for me so I was joking.

You can always adopt a child or have one implanted if you desire to do so. He may also change his mind. You are only 25. Live with him and better yourself in the meantime. Get your degree, learn a trade that can help him run his business like bookkeeping or accounting. Without having to worry about the roof of your head, you can finish college without going into debt. If you were near me I would hit you upside your foolish head for even asking this question.

I know everyone won’t agree with my answer but you didn’t say anything negative about him except something you should admire. How a man treats his Mom is a great indicator how he respects his woman. He even gets alone with his BM’s and they didn’t have to take him to court for him to take care of his offsprings. I guess you want some roughneck that’s in the club, using your money to get another stupid tattoo? I’m rolling my eyes at your stupid young :moon: and at this good :moon: man you talking about leaving for a baby you might want in the future. Girl have a seat.

Edited cuss words.

Last edited:
There are lots of ifs going on here. I can’t tell you what to do but I would just like to say that 5 children is a lot and 5 mothers even more. If even one of them decides that she needs court ordered something then all the love and harmony gets trashed. It’s going to take an extra portion of maturity and patience to wait that out, not to mention his mother. He does sound like a good man and obviously loves and honors his family. The move in would be a no for me but that’s just me. Are you afraid that the relationship will end if you don’t move in?

Last edited:
It's a big fat no from me on every level. The fact he is a truck driver explains his situation. Driving from stop to stop, woman to woman. Also the ages of the children shows he was very irresponsible. He doesn't want anymore kids so on that alone she needs to let him go.

Last edited:
There are lots of ifs going on here. I can’t tell you what to do but I would just like to say that 6 children is a lot and 6 mothers even more. If even one of them decides that she needs court ordered something then all the love and harmony gets trashed. It’s going to take an extra portion of maturity and patience to wait that out, not to mention his mother. He does sound like a good man and obviously loves and honors his family. The move in would be a no for me but that’s just me. Are you afraid that the relationship will end if you don’t move in?
Girl this ain't me! I did not entertain dudes with kids until I was 35 and even then no children younger than 12-13.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, move on and send him my way. You have only said you have a hardworking man with stable income, good taste in woman, a home owner, dedicated to his family, has dreams to own his business but still working hard until then. He is willing to work all week but still demand to make time for his kids. Girl.....if you walk away from him, I assure you many women in this group will hunt him down and snatch him up b4 you get all your rollers out of his unit. He’s too young for me so I was joking.

You can always adopt a child or have one implanted if you desire to do so. He may also change his mind. You are only 25. Live with him and better yourself in the meantime. Get your degree, learn a trade that can help him run his business like bookkeeping or accounting. Without having to worry about the roof of your head, you can finish college without going into debt. If you were near me I would hit you upside your foolish head for even asking this question.

I know everyone won’t agree with my answer but you didn’t say anything negative about him except something you should admire. How a man treats his Mom is a great indicator how he respects his woman. He even gets alone with his BM’s and they didn’t have to take him to court for him to take care of his offsprings. I guess you want some roughneck that’s in the club, using your money to get another stupid tattoo? I’m rolling my eyes at your stupid young :moon: and at this good :moon: man you talking about leaving for a baby you might want in the future. Girl have a seat.

Edited cuss words.
Oh, she's back tho. I would NEVER do my nieces like this. NEVER. And yeah, mine are sifting through the same nonsense with tryna date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a beautiful, educated and finically secure Neice that has yet to find a decent, hardworking, straight man. They all want to flop at her place, drive her car and have her pay for videos games and dinners. They refuse to follow her advice on improving their credit, education or getting current on child support. This man isn’t perfect but which of us are perfect. Again, my advice was to a woman already dating this man and she didn’t have anything negative to say about his treatment of her, his bedroom activities, drinking, drugs or cheating. My objective may differ from yours because what’s important to you may not be what’s important to me. When I divorce my high school sweetheart, our two kids were in college. They didn’t need a Daddy because theirs was still in their lives, just not in mine. A woman doesn’t have to give birth to be a mother. She can have a future with what sounds like a good man to me. You may not see him that way. Let’s compare him to your man? I’m being real with the lady how I feel! What’s your man like? Does he own real estate? How many kids does he have and does he pay for them? How many BD’s do you have? Does your man cheat or you, treat his Mom right, get alone with his ex’s? Can he buy twinkling lights for the tree on credit? Is he living with you?

This mean is offering to be an asset to a young lady that can use it because she’s making penny’s. I’m all for being independent. I own my own, don’t have to answer to anyone, and do what I want to do. So can my Neice I was talking about. But we don’t make penny’s like this lady says she makes. Why not take the opportunity to better herself for the long term? Y’all more interested in short term D rather than planning for the long term. In 10 years y’all will still be looking for me right rather than not needing a man to take care of yourself. It’s not settling, it taking a gift and making lemonade aka as a degree. Please stop responding to me because we will never agree. Y’all think paying rent and making excuses for being poor is ok. He wants to own something and deserves a woman with the same mindset. Hell if you don’t want him, hook me up with his information after all. His age appropriate for my Neice and I would welcome all 5 of his kids into my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited cuss words.

giphy.gif

I can’t even believe what I just read. Like... WHat?! :rofl:

She even told this girl to learn bookkeeping so she can help him with his business. :lachen: How old is this woman???

Let’s compare him to your man? I’m being real with the lady how I feel! What’s your man like? Does he own real estate? How many kids does he have and does he pay for them? How many BD’s do you have? Does your man cheat or you, treat his Mom right, get alone with his ex’s? Can he buy twinkling lights for the tree on credit? Is he living with you?

:rofl::rofl:

I'm trying to understand what I just read. 35 to my 25 95% no
6 kids = no
6 BM = HECK TO THE NO
deadbeat brother and mom living living with him = no
Stepmomma at 25 = no
Truck driver with 6 kids leaving me in the house with his momma, DB brother = no
He can't have kids - nope

There is no situation where any of this foolishness makes sense. And women need to stop being content with a cake crumb vs the entire cake. And the idiot doling out advice. At 25 you want someone to devote her life to someone with a slew of kids, give up her dream of having kids to raise 6 other women's kids and learn skills to be a drudge to his dream and business. Exactly what is the upside?I would be hard pressed to justify all this mess if he was a multimillionaire but for 80K a year?

Oh, she's back tho. I would NEVER do my nieces like this. NEVER. And yeah, mine are sifting through the same nonsense with tryna date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He wants to own something and deserves a woman with the same mindset. Hell if you don’t want him, hook me up with his information after all. His age appropriate for my Neice and I would welcome all 5 of his kids into my family.
I would legit curse my Aunt out over this foolishness if my mother didn't first

If it was me, it would be a no. That’s too much on you at age 25.
I’ve always been leery of truck drivers because of stories like these. The prostitution at the gas stations too.

It’s hard enough out here , why add all of this on top of it. At my age , it wouldn’t fly.

The definition of a "good man" varies from woman to woman. To some of my cousins, this man would be a dream. They wouldn't even bat an eyelash at five kids by five different women because they have multiple kids by multiple men. Keeping in mind that everything is relative, I bet this man is the most established and stable man she's ever been with. She probably thinks she won't find anyone better, hence the reason she is contemplating staying with him despite the fact that he has offered her nothing other than a place to stay and marriage.....someday.

The definition of a "good man" varies from woman to woman. To some of my cousins, this man would be a dream. They wouldn't even bat an eyelash at five kids by five different women because they have multiple kids by multiple men. Keeping in mind that everything is relative, I bet this man is the most established and stable man she's ever been with. She probably thinks she won't find anyone better, hence the reason she is contemplating staying with him despite the fact that he has offered her nothing other than a place to stay and marriage.....someday.

But the thing is he picked someone without kids. You better believe he is not willling to support a woman who has multiple kids by multiple men. The problem is he will not change his mentality. He is using this girls youth.

Yes she doesn’t have much but so what. She can still learn and better herself.

Back