Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well, after all the lurkin' I've done and even after I finally coughed
up the membership fee...

Here it is...

An Ateyaa Thread!

And, yes, this is the very first one I've seen in action. Yay? lol

friday.gif

I think ateyaa has pretty hair, funny how someone came in here and posted a pic of their hair straight (to make a point of ateyaa's horrible hair practices) but the pic showed jacked up ends. The pic didnt look no where near as full as the chick in the video.

#jussayin
#beforeyoupostapictocomparemakesureitsfly

One of the best replies I've ever read. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

m8k4sh.jpg

And you call yourself a christian woman. :lachen:

I think ateyaa has pretty hair, funny how someone came in here and posted a pic of their hair straight (to make a point of ateyaa's horrible hair practices) but the pic showed jacked up ends. The pic didnt look no where near as full as the chick in the video.

#jussayin

#jussayin

jesus-take-the-wheel.jpg

#jussayin

#jussayin
GIFSoup

I don't think it should get her told off. Some of y'all need better self control if all someone has to do is say somebody has a good grade of hair for you to want to "tell them off".:perplexed

Boingboing officially has me over here DYING. You can't get on this board and not know that saying "good grade of hair" is finna get you told off. LOL!

I also want to know how her hair is "good." If you mean that it can take a lickin', yea, I'll give you that. But I also don't know how you get the swang from that...

LOL, you ladies are funny! Boing your a mess LOL! I'm not trying to start no mess, just making a point. Thats like you coming and talking about somebody's Jordans and you wearing Filas, used Filas. smh.

LOL maybe that isnt the best comparison. LHCF is rubbing off on me. I should have never renewed my 6.50. Anyway, I'm out of here, ya'll aint gon pass me the vaseline next lol

Lol, why do people keep insisting this thread is going to be locked? I think whenever we do that, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and I don't even think this thread is that bad to warrant a lock. I think this thread is a good discussion regarding prerogative & mass influence and it can be salvaged if we want it to be...

All of my time on this board, I've seen Ateyaa threads get locked up and poofed up and every single time, I SMH because I don't know how as women who know how to generally take care of our hair, we have some issue with this woman whose practices are questionable. I liken her to that friend or family member that we look at their hair practices crazy.

--I also want to make something extremely clear--just because you dont take issue with her and say 'it works for her' or don't join the anti-Ateyaa brigade, doesn't automatically equate to being a 'stan' or agreeing with her hair practices.

Furthermore, the same argument against those who aren't bothered by her should leave these threads, could be equally applied to the opposite group, as in, if you don't like her methods so much, stop watching her. Clicking on her video, makes her money, funding and furthering her 'bad hair care' efforts.

Let me keep it all the way real, the reason some of us are saying "It's what works for her" is because, shi* it is! lol. For instance, I totally am against the BKT, I feel it's a shady treatment, esp. with all the fumes and the news saying how dangerous it could be but ladies on this board do it all the time and post pics of the procedure and results. Lots of members see it and are influenced, and some have done it and regretted it/had damage. Who am I to take issue with what you think makes YOUR hair look nice, esp. when it's not infringing upon me?

So in essence, because someone says "It's her hair", doesn't mean we agree with it, y'all know good and well I dont, but think about it, yall, all these years of griping about homegirl, folks posting on her YT page, she is STILL doing what she wants. Yeah it kinda blows that she has a large following, but none of us can do anything about it. A lot of times, I feel because we're so into hair, we tend to inadvertently take other people's hair care practices personally. We project our hair standards on others and get frustrated when it's ignored. We all have practices that get side-eyed. I'm sure there's several people on this board that a thread could be started against what they do.

Sometimes, I just feel the line is blurred regarding feelings about this woman. I wonder if people REALLY care about her practices because they truly want better for her or just take pleasure in clowning her.

Last edited:
LOL, you ladies are funny! Boing your a mess LOL! I'm not trying to start no mess, just making a point. Thats like you coming and talking about somebody's Jordans and you wearing Filas, used Filas. smh.

LOL maybe that isnt the best comparison. LHCF is rubbing off on me. I should have never renewed my 6.50. Anyway, I'm out of here, ya'll aint gon pass me the vaseline next lol

Need to borrow another six fiddy?

tumblr_l00c6bPQgm1qacgzbo1_500.gif

Lemme see what I got.

EVERYTHANG!
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

When did saying "pretty hair" become offensive?

Well, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to the question. And I don't think others who responded negatively are behaving like "headless chickens"....I think they were responding to a culturally offensive term; one that they would expect that someone who is a member of this forum would know was offensive.

Terms like "good grade [of hair]", "good hair" and "pretty hair" are offensive because they have been historically used as a way to further divide people of color, particularly women of color. For example, your "grade" of hair- 4a/b (taken from your siggy), would historically be considered "bad" because it is coarser and less silky (and further from the European standard of beauty) than someone with type 2 or 3 hair. I'm sure you know that ALL hair is "good" and "pretty", no matter the texture, as long as it is properly cared for.

Thanks again. And oh, not to get all "big sister" on you, but maybe an apology/acknowledgement/ETA is in order? :grin: :bighug:

Lol, why do people keep insisting this thread is going to be locked? I think whenever we do that, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and I don't even think this thread is that bad to warrant a lock. I think this thread is a good discussion regarding prerogative & mass influence and it can be salvaged if we want it to be...

All of my time on this board, I've seen Ateyaa threads get locked up and poofed up and every single time, I SMH because I don't know how as women who know how to generally take care of our hair, we have some issue with this woman whose practices are questionable. I liken her that friend or family member that we look at their hair practices crazy.

--I also want to make something extremely clear--just because you dont take issue with her and say 'it works for her' or join the anti-Ateyaa brigade, doesn't automatically equate to being a 'stan' or agreeing with her hair practices.

Furthermore, the same argument against those who aren't bothered by her should leave these threads, could be equally applied to the opposite group, as in, if you don't like her methods so much, stop watching her. Clicking on her video, makes her money, funding and furthering her 'bad hair care' efforts.

Let me keep it all the way real, the reason some of us are saying "It's what works for her" is because, shi* it is! lol. For instance, I totally am against the BKT, I feel it's a shady treatment, esp. with all the fumes and the news saying how dangerous it could be but ladies on this board do it all the time and post pics of the procedure and results. Lots of members see it and are influenced, and some have done it and regretted it/had damage. Who am I to take issue with what you think makes YOUR hair look nice, esp. when it's not infringing upon me?

So in essence, because someone says "It's her hair", doesn't mean we agree with it, y'all know good and well I dont, but think about it, yall, all these years of griping about homegirl, folks posting on her YT page, she is STILL doing what she wants. Yeah it kinda blows that she has a large following, but none of us can do anything about it. A lot of times, I feel because we're so into hair, we tend to inadvertently take other people's hair care practices personally. We project our hair standards on others and get frustrated when it's ignored. We all have practices that get side-eyed. I'm sure there's several people on this board that a thread could be started against what they do.

Sometimes, I just feel the line is blurred regarding feelings about this woman. I wonder if people REALLY care about her practices because they truly want better for her or just take pleasure in clowning her.

vqgoyx.jpg

You know I love you Nichi! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back