I can't believe... (Unhappy about Stylists)

henrilou

I can\'t believe... (Unhappy about Stylists)

I was reading a few posts, and I had just gone to the stylist and she actually.
1. Wanted to get me to sink and get my hair wet, and then go pick up her son from daycare. (In other words, I'd be a hostage and I'd have to wait... I said NO, and she actually got mad and then pleaded with me. I told her I'd wait 15 minutes and if she wasn't back, I'd "re-schedule". She never went.)
2. Talks while she combs me out. And if she gets excited about something she starts ripping my hair. I don;t let it get that far. I actually tell her "to calm down, this is MY hair and you're ripping it" She's cool with it--but the other other stylists raise their eyebrows and suck their teeth, like I'M crazy.
3. I cannot believe how many posts that I've read here where the stylist has NO CUSTOMER service. It seems that most are ghetto and think that they are doing YOU a favor. What is that?? An extra ten to wash long hair??? Or sitting you under the drying and then LEAVING the shop to go eat.

I just had to vent. But really that's why so many of OUR business fail to thrive, because we do not put the customer first.

Re: I can\'t believe... (Unhappy about Stylists)

<--- the Marketing Major speaks.

The word of mouth is more powerful than any sword we call a commercial or ad. Make your voices heard if your stylist tries to commit trichological murder! although I didn't decide to call the LA Cosmetology board, The salon that messed over me has lost 5 customers since i opened my big mouth.

U use it to gossip, u use it to eat... NOW USE YOUR MOUTH TO BE HEARD!
weird.gif

The white salons I've been to seem to have a better understanding of customer service and take the time to explain what they're doing to you. I think we should vote with our feet and go to salons where people appreciate our custom.

I know there are some good hairstylists out there, I see gorgeous heads of hair everywhere, but finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Welcome to the club. I agree with Anky you need to call this stylist out, so no one else gets jacked up by her.

I know, I really feel like a lot of stylists are in it for the money and could care less about hair care. Stylists will rip your hair out handling it like its a wig and will get upset if you say something. I know one time I went and got a touch up, this shampoo girl greased my scalp. she was heavy handed and was about to comb it with a small tooth comb, I was like "could you use a wide tooth comb". She got an attitude and was like I wasn't gonna comb your hair, (knowing she was lying) then was like "what, have you worked in a salon before?" I was upset and said "Excuse me?" She repeated herself and I was like "NO". She got the message and went to get a wide tooth comb,lol. I decided to tell the stylist what I want instead of the mess they decide to make.

Back