Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings would be so hurt, ya'll I aint even gonna front. :(

Nah, the poster had a point. Dont write a dissertation about someone else's hair, knowing how we go about haircare and then not be up to par yourself.

This is a good reason why many choose not to post hair pics. We WILL scrutinize. Its a hair board.

Nah, the poster had a point. Dont write a dissertation about someone else's hair, knowing how we go about haircare and then not be up to par yourself.

This is a good reason why many choose not to post hair pics. We WILL scrutinize. Its a hair board.

I know you have to be on it when you post up in here, but maybe she thought she WAS on it. Then for that comment to come I KNOW that had to hurt.

I saw this thread earlier in the day and ignored it because I hoped it will go away, just yesterday we had a thread up here about bashing _gurus_ (my bad, youtubers) and then today this. Well I'm not even gonna be an

shrimp_aw.gif

and just leave.

Wow! A bunch of cowardly chicks, as usual.

I get home from work to an email saying I have PM from LHCF only to be told people are talking about me in the Ateyaa thread. Well, for those who care to know, there is nothing JACKED UP about my ends.

I love that so many of you hide behind your computer screens and talk ish....but you will not post your own photos. I have over 100 fokti albums about my hair journey if anyone cares to check and that is in addition to my youtube page.

If any of you have a problem with me, I am easy to find. I have been very clear for years on this board that I am in NYC, Brooklyn to be exact. If anyone wants to come and personally inspect my HEALTHY ENDS, I have been here and will be here.

For those of you who choose to be uninformed (or maybe some of you just do not comprehend English well), uneven does not equal "jacked up" and/or damaged and/or split ends.

Because I choose to let my hair grow and not keep a blunt cut (since I rarely wear straight hair) does not mean my ends are in any shape or form jacked up.

My photos were removed from the initial post since my point was made without the addition of photos, and as some of you clearly saw (again, making the assumption that you can read & comprehend the English language), other members agree that straightening is about technique, not the amount of heat one uses.

Thank you for those who told me about this mess. I do appreciate it. But there is no need to feel sorry for me. I can defend myself.

That is my last comment on this matter.
Carry on.

I get home from work to an email saying I have PM from LHCF only to be told people are talking about me in the Ateyaa thread. Well, for those who care to know, there is nothing JACKED UP about my ends.
People still do this? PM to tell on people. IDK what happened in here, but stuff always seems to get petty.

Oh and yeah I did laugh tho. :look: It was funny but dayum I felt bad once I put myself in her position.

You're right and I genuinely hope she's not hurt, although I think she's got thick skin and this will roll off her back. With a thread like this, it's made me remember something I thought of before my hiatus.

In this board full of women, when we share, we open ourselves up for criticism regardless of whether your intent to share is to help or just to explain better, SOMEONE will have a gripe. I know when I post photos, someone is behind their PC clowning me, but that's okay, because really, who cares? I am STILL going to do what I deem to be helpful/show detail. If I let the disparaging remarks of someone I don't know to stop me, it speaks to my low esteem.

Several of us do things we THINK are the best way, but may possibly be damaging. Same thing with Ateyaa, I'm sure she's heard all the disses but she continues. She puts herself out there, whether some consider it helpful or not, whether some think it's whack or not, but one thing I've always thought is that she does it with positive intent, the goal to help, never malicious and I am sure when she realizes she's made mistakes in her methods, she will be quick to tell her subscribers what to do instead. That's why I can't even hate on homegirl.

You're right and I genuinely hope she's not hurt, although I think she's got thick skin and this will roll off her back. With a thread like this, it's made me remember something I thought of before my hiatus.

In this board full of women, when we share, we open ourselves up for criticism regardless of whether your intent to share is to help or just to explain better, SOMEONE will have a gripe. I know when I post photos, someone is behind their PC clowning me, but that's okay, because really, who cares? I am STILL going to do what I deem to be helpful/show detail. If I let the disparaging remarks of someone I don't know to stop me, it speaks to my low esteem.

Several of us do things we THINK are the best way, but may possibly be damaging. Same thing with Ateyaa, I'm sure she's heard all the disses but she continues. She puts herself out there, whether some consider it helpful or not, whether some think it's whack or not, but one thing I've always thought is that she does it with positive intent, the goal to help, never malicious and I am sure when she realizes she's made mistakes in her methods, she will be quick to tell her subscribers what to do instead. That's why I can't even hate on homegirl.

Word! To each and EVERY sentence!

I guess I just dont care enough, maybe its me. Even if someone said something about my edges, ends, etc, I'd just shrug and KIM. :ohwell: I think thats why Ateeya and her clan pay us little attention. Smart

I like Ateya. Ateya's hair look nice and her practices work for her. Yeah it isnt long but all becuase your hair is long doesn't mean it looks good.

Last edited:
I guess I just dont care enough, maybe its me. Even if someone said something about my edges, ends, etc, I'd just shrug and KIM. :ohwell: I think thats why Ateeya and her clan pay us little attention. Smart
I get that, but for real, if 50-11 people on here was clowining you, you seriously wouldnt want a heads up?

If any of you have a problem with me, I am easy to find. I have been very clear for years on this board that I am in NYC, Brooklyn to be exact. If anyone wants to come and personally inspect my HEALTHY ENDS, I have been here and will be here.

my nicca i ain't even gonna front, that was so gully. :lol:

I get that, but for real, if 50-11 people on here was clowining you, you seriously wouldnt want a heads up?

I've had it happen, and I honestly didnt care. I dont know if I would rather have a PM than have someone stand up for me, but whatever. Like I said, its me, I'm just a different breed. My hair is the longest, healthiest, its ever been. I just wouldnt give a doodie.

my nicca i ain't even gonna front, that was so gully.
lol.gif

^^Huh!! I thought the same thing when I read it. ALLLLL the way in, and I love it.

Note to Southernchocolate: You see the name Shima, keep it moving. You see the name Ateya, turn yo black arse around and run like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that so many of you hide behind your computer screens and talk ish....but you will not post your own photos. I have over 100 fokti albums about my hair journey if anyone cares to check and that is in addition to my youtube page.

For those of you who choose to be uninformed (or maybe some of you just do not comprehend English well), uneven does not equal "jacked up" and/or damaged and/or split ends.

Because I choose to let my hair grow and not keep a blunt cut (since I rarely wear straight hair) does not mean my ends are in any shape or form jacked up.

My photos were removed from the initial post since my point was made without the addition of photos, and as some of you clearly saw (again, making the assumption that you can read & comprehend the English language), other members agree that straightening is about technique, not the amount of heat one uses.

Thank you for those who told me about this mess. I do appreciate it. But there is no need to feel sorry for me. I can defend myself.

That is my last comment on this matter.
Carry on.

Girl I came in here all ready to defend Ateyaa and saw your post. I can't believe this. The tone of this board has been so bad lately. Maybe I"ve been a member too long. I am totally w/u. Uneven ends do not mean they are unhealthy. I do not straighten my ends out when I flat iron so they always look a little rougher and since I wear my hair curly most of the time I don't wear my ends blunt. But let your hair growth speaks for it self. I hope your feelings were not hurt, we are supposed to be here to encourage each other. I didn't even read what people wrote because I don't want to know.

Oh my, y'all are too crazy! Ateyaaa's cool and all, but I just find it funny how every little action she does causes some sort of ****storm in here :lachen:. Haha, I'm out :dead:

So after reading a few comments, I noticed people saying that they have a problem with the way Ateya says "thick" and how she can possibly be using the word to express feelings towards her natural hair in a derogatory way. Honestly, she probably didn't mean it in that way at all. I think people nitpick or put too much emphasis on her right down to what she says. All she probably meant was that she had 6 months of new growth that's she's proud of and because she has a lot of it, it'll be hard to comb through because she's simply not used to handling her natural hair let alone two different textures. To imply that she considers her hair undesirable is a little far-fetched... :perplexed :look:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back