Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it must be written in the Ateeya handbook or something to nitpick every thing she does. Her name stirs up such emotions for whatever reason and like a train wreck I watch.

So after reading a few comments, I noticed people saying that they have a problem with the way Ateya says "thick" and how she can possibly be using the word to express feelings towards her natural hair in a derogatory way. Honestly, she probably didn't mean it in that way at all. I think people nitpick or put too much emphasis on her right down to what she says. All she probably meant was that she had 6 months of new growth that's she's proud of and because she has a lot of it, it'll be hard to work though because she's simply not used to handling her natural hair let alone two textures. To imply that she considers her hair undesirable is a little far-fetched... :perplexed :look:

Your ends are jacked!
I'm joking.... I couldn't help but notice your siggy, your hair is beautiful!

If anything, this should make you NOT want to have pancakes. I two to glances at that gif and immediately thought, "ew!" sorry. :perplexed

Lmao. Maybe to you.... buuuuut being that I haven't eaten since 8:00 PM last night... that joint looks tasty.

Wow, can't really read for long periods of time at work so catching up on the thread. Just wow! I guess its not just the newbies people go in on. NaturalmaneNYC, you handled yourself well considering. Personally, I would have kept my pictures up.

This is my last post in this thread because I'm not trying to e-fight. Let me state that I am not a Ateyaa stan and actually only found out about her because of lhcf and all the ateyaa gates. I wrote that post because I found it peculiar that all these people go hard on a female on youtube who, despite her methods of hair care, still manages to have a head full of beautiful hair and is making moves because of her hair. Why does she bother so many people?

So, I wrote a post that simply made an observation about a poster who put herself out there.

NYC you love your hair and you have a particular way that you do your hair (no blunt ends and one pass, no prob) but why is this chick ateyaa cant have her way of doing her hair? why is there a double standard?

People emailed you saying that you were being dicussed, people were laughing about my observation (and most folks were just instigating) about a pic that you posted, and you got offended. Hmmmmm, ateyaaa puts videos out, people made whole threads about her about videos she put out there, laughiong and instigating (sound familiar) isnt that the same thing? Why is it supposed to be a different standard for you?

Also, i respect your choice to do your hair your way, same as I do anybody but dont get mad when you post a pic that is subpar (imho) in comparison to the very person you talk about. And, as far as people being cowards for talking about your hair, I guess you can join the coward crowd because you did the same thing with that youtube chick. As i said you have your way and i respect that and she has her way and I respect that. No hard feelings hopefully, I'm not here to make friends anyway (I realize there is no long line lol). I'm sorry about singling you out but you put the info out there. I feel the same way about all these ladies who go hard on other people as if their method of hair care is the golden ticket to wonka land.

Now, I'm done.

This is my last post in this thread because I'm not trying to e-fight. Let me state that I am not a Ateyaa stan and actually only found out about her because of lhcf and all the ateyaa gates. I wrote that post because I found it peculiar that all these people go hard on a female on youtube who, despite her methods of hair care, still manages to have a head full of beautiful hair and is making moves because of her hair. Why does she bother so many people?

So, I wrote a post that simply made an observation about a poster who put herself out there.

NYC you love your hair and you have a particular way that you do your hair (no blunt ends and one pass, no prob) but why is this chick ateyaa cant have her way of doing her hair? why is there a double standard?

People emailed you saying that you were being dicussed, people were laughing about my observation (and most folks were just instigating) about a pic that you posted, and you got offended. Hmmmmm, ateyaaa puts videos out, people made whole threads about her about videos she put out there, laughiong and instigating (sound familiar) isnt that the same thing? Why is it supposed to be a different standard for you?

Also, i respect your choice to do your hair your way, same as I do anybody but dont get mad when you post a pic that is subpar (imho) in comparison to the very person you talk about. And, as far as people being cowards for talking about your hair, I guess you can join the coward crowd because you did the same thing with that youtube chick. As i said you have your way and i respect that and she has her way and I respect that. No hard feelings hopefully, I'm not here to make friends anyway (I realize there is no long line lol). I'm sorry about singling you out but you put the info out there. I feel the same way about all these ladies who go hard on other people as if their method of hair care is the golden ticket to wonka land.

Now, I'm done.

Cause LHCF is all about double standard... you should know that by now.

You can't talk about people lengths or ends cause you are not being supportive... but you can trash ytubers till your heart is content.

You know, I just thought of another thing. Remember when Ateyaa had her weave mishap? There was a thread now locked/poofed, in which she was discussed at length.

The thing is, a lot of folks would've not even posted that video, some would just keep it moving and never inform viewers about the setback so they wouldn't get the satisfaction of being happy at their misfortune. I think she was bold to upload it anyway, using her own personal example to show watchers about proper detangling. When I went natural, I had to do a near BC from improper detangling after braids. Gosh that hurt.

It just makes me think how in everything she does that may be questionable to some, that video helped someone, i think a lot of people. She put herself out there for her viewers.

I personally think the whole thread is inappropriate. I think most know here that the way this person combed her hair is not a good hair practice. I just started looking at hair videos and really trying to take care of my hair and she was one of the first videos I saw. I just chose not to subscribe and find videos that were more helpful for me. That being said, I don't even know what all the drama is about when this person's name is mentioned. Is there some old forum history surrounding this person that I am not privvy to?

As for there being a double standard, well in some ways I think it should be. I paid to be on this forum to learn about hair, to be encouraged and to encourage others. Ateeya is not on this forum, that I know of. I don't expect to communicate with her here. I do expect to interact with quite a few of you. I think there should be some level of civility with each other above and beyond. Is that how it works, make smart sarcastic remarks about each other in one thread and then encourage each other with our hair and life circumstances in another? I am just trying to figure out how it works here. Maybe I am just too old for much drama :(

Does Ateya sell stuff? I'm not talking about the money/endorsements she gets from Motions...I mean does she sell her own stuff? If not, I don't see why she should be treated differently than anyone else on the web, whether it be a hair board or YouTube.

Cause LHCF is all about double standard... you should know that by now.

You can't talk about people lengths or ends cause you are not being supportive... but you can trash ytubers till your heart is content.

I think that people treat youtubers kind of like people treat celebrities. They aren't as critical of regular people as they are of famous people. I also think that there's a difference between criticizing someone thinking that they won't read it, and criticizing someone knowing that they will.

To be fair, Ateeya did join this board, and has read comments here. She made a video about it. I dont think its fair to be dismissive of her doing what she feels works with her hair, but for everyone else here its ok, no matter what.

To be fair, Ateeya did join this board, and has read comments here. She made a video about it. I dont think its fair to be dismissive of her doing what she feels works with her hair, but for everyone else here its ok, no matter what.

Exactly......

I think that people treat youtubers kind of like people treat celebrities. They aren't as critical of regular people as they are of famous people. I also think that there's a difference between criticizing someone thinking that they won't read it, and criticizing someone knowing that they will.

Ladies in this forum have been out for Ateeya's blood since way back.

Despite her (Ateeya) saying that what she does is for HER HAIR and she has even stated that she is heavy handed.

You would think women who are quick to jump into the "sisterhood" bandwagon would leave her be... but NO!!!!

Everytime she has a video up it's posted here.
Ladies here snicker, laugh, point and nitpick her to no end.

People have talked about her hair to her kitchen, her accent, her make-up, her pronunciation even her bathroom having ugly doors.
Saying that she probably needs to do more videos so she can afford a better apartment.

And what did ladies in this forum do when such words were spoken?... :lachen::lol::lachen::lol: All up and thru here.

When she had the mishap with the weave, folk were like "i knew it! :grin: " but when that happens to a lady in here "it's all :bighug: "

The hypocrisy on this board is palpable esp when it comes to Ateeya.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I think that there are many people here on LHCF who avoid making judgements about others both on and off the site. But judgement is kind of, what keeps things interesting around here-- we spend time comparing hair notes and entering hair challenges but we also share parts of our lives with each other; gossip comes with the territory. I'm not sure that fairness really plays a part in either judgement or gossip.
Many people seem upset that certain individuals are being judged or bashed. But you can't have it ok for one, but not the other. I don't think the real culprit is any LHCF member, I think it's the fact that some feel as if they're in a position to judge another in the first place.

Last edited:
I think it is ok to disagree with a YouTuber or member. I don't think thread after thread about the person is necessary, nor do I think sarcastic comments toward another member is either. I think the bottom line is not what you say but how you say it.

Ladies in this forum have been out for Ateeya's blood since way back.

Despite her (Ateeya) saying that what she does is for HER HAIR and she has even stated that she is heavy handed.

You would think women who are quick to jump into the "sisterhood" bandwagon would leave her be... but NO!!!!

Everytime she has a video up it's posted here.
Ladies here snicker, laugh, point and nitpick her to no end.

People have talk about her hair to her kitchen, her accent, her make-up, her pronunciation even her bathroo.
Saying that she probably needs to do more videos so she can afford a better apartment.

And what did ladies in this forum do when such words were spoken?... :lachen::lol::lachen::lol: All up and thru here.

When she had the mishap with the weave, folk were like "i knew it!":grin: but when that happens to a lady in here "it's all :bighug: "

The hypocrisy on this board is palpable esp when it comes to Ateeya.
Like I said, they treat her like a celebrity instead of like someone that they know and might interact with. I had a good :lachen: over Naomi Campbell's missing hairline, but I wouldn't say anything like that to someone here. I don't think that's hypocrisy necessarily. Ateeya doesn't seem concerned, so I'm not sure why folks are going hard in her defense.

Ateeya (sp?) is probably laughing all the way to the bank! If she really took comments seriously (on YT, LHCf, or whatever) then I don't think she would be uploading anymore videos.

4d825ef60d10a98cf34df241857503e44520e89.gif

Clearly you do want to “e-fight”. I am no coward. I have met several people on this site in person and I have shared many details about myself. Anyone who needs to find me knows where to look. I am not hiding behind a computer screen typing slick ish or posting comments in white type. That is a cowardly move.

I am not offended nor am I angry. I put over 100 fotki albums out there and a few youtube videos. I know that makes me subject to criticism.

Nonetheless, my photos were a demonstration of a tension method blowout and using 1 pass of the flat iron to get straight hair versus a comb attachment blowout and 3 passes of a flat iron. Results for me and Ateyya were the same = straight hair. Whatever your personal opinion, we both ended up with straight hair, she just used a technique that requires far more heat.

I was not laughing or instigating. I responded to the OP's question about MY opinion on why Ateyaa handles her hair in the way she does because I too would comb my own transitioning hair the same way until I learned better practices. Ateyaa was a member here but hateful biddies ran her off almost immediately. Maybe she would not still be handling her hair so roughly if some of the members of this board were not so nasty. I think I'm on BHM sometimes.

Nonetheless, if you want to talk about “jacked up ends” at least be accurate in your assessment. As I already noted above, not having an even, blunt cut does not equal jacked up ends and your misguided opinion does not change that fact.

As for why Ateyaa’s name upsets so many people, I have no idea.:perplexed

By the way, if anyone cares OneHanesPlace.com is having a sale.

Now, I'm done.

Last edited:
Wow! Since the thread is still open I guess I'll add my 2 cents:

I am happy for Ateeya and her hustle. She's created a youtube empire and quite honestly, I wish I had thought of it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back