Why is there so much hate for Jesus Christ and christianity on a whole?

I'm only going by what you said, Lady... We're not saying the same thing. All I did was reminded you of the purity of Christian. A follower of Christ. It's simple.

Jesus didn't come to make Christianity a religion...He came to reconcile us back to God. Man made religion. Way back then, the ACTS of the Apostles was no religion. So CHRISTIAN, according to God's Word, has a pure beginning because Jesus came to fulfill the law, to remove the rituals and replace it with honor. Anything thing a Christian does today to honor God is out of obedience. ACTS. Whether it's tithing, going to church, fasting, feeding the poor, visiting the sick and widowed, praying for others, etc.. they all stem from obedience to God.
God didn't say 'if' you fast, He said 'when". God didn't say 'if' you pray, He said 'when.'

God's Word never changed and won't return to Him void.

Satan has tainted/perverted Christian to the point that it's far removed from what the Bible says. IOW, people who call themselves Christians and blatantly and deliberately aren't living the life, aren't mocking God at all. HE CANNOT be mocked. That is also written, and I know you know that. I'm all for balance. We could be sin conscious, but not to the point of obsession with the lives of others, esp those who have hurt us. I don't believe God wants us to live like this.

Just wanted to be clear and I hope I was, Pooh :yep:

Christianity and Jesus Christ are two separate things...

@LoveisYou
Yes, a person can have Christianity without Jesus Christ. Several people are doing it today. They participate or associate with the Christian religion but do not have Jesus Christ or his teachings in their hearts and souls. And I guess you can say it's the perversion of Christianity.

Last edited:
HEY GUYS, I HAVE SOMETHIN' I WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO. IT'S A SERMON MY PREACHER DID ON CHURCH TRADITIONS. IT'S PART OF A SERIES CALLED "WHAT JESUS HATES" HE'S DOIN'. I'LL SEE IF I CAN POST IT HERE. IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD. WOW, I WAS BLESSED SO I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BE BLESSED BY IT TOO. TAKE CARE SISTERS!

OH SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS. CHILE I STARTED IN ALL CAPS AND DIDN'T FEEL LIKE CHANGING IT TO SMALL CAPS. :(

EVERYONE ONE IS GOING TO HEAVEN!!! :D

This is not biblical true.

From the mouth of Jesus Christ...

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I know some people say well what about babies or little children that do not understand yet...I am surveying the entire bible this year to understand but I am not sure of this. So those things that the bible does not speak on or I currently do not have an answer to, I do not profess to know or have an answer for. Which is ok because I am not God so my lack of knowledge only reveals my reliance on Him. I'll place into this category until I understand better...

1 Corinthians 13:9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!

Laela

NO, YOU ARE NOT CLEAR. SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH THAT I DID NOT SAY... :ohwell:

I DID NOT SAY JESUS CAME TO MAKE CHRISTIANITY A RELIGION!

I JUST SAID SATAN WAS THE CAUSE OF THE PERVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY! WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME SOMETHING THAT I KNOW AND HAVE ALREADY SAID MYSELF?

I NEVER SAID GOD'S WORD CAN BE CHANGED! I NEVER SAID HE CAN BE MOCKED!

GEEZ, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? :confused:

I DID NOT SAY WE WERE SAYING THE SAME THING! I JUST SIMPLY AGREED WITH YOU AND WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR REPLY TO MY LAST POST! YOU JUST MENTIONED SOMETHING THAT WAS TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THE LITTLE BRIEF POSTS THAT I HAVE MADE IN THIS THREAD! AND I AGREED!

SO WHY ARE YOU STILL BATTLING WITH ME OVER THE SHORT LITTLE POSTS THAT I HAVE MADE IN THIS FORUM? :perplexed

I'm only going by what you said, Lady... We're not saying the same thing. All I did was reminded you of the purity of Christian. A follower of Christ. It's simple.

Jesus didn't come to make Christianity a religion...He came to reconcile us back to God. Man made religion. Way back then, the ACTS of the Apostles was no religion. So CHRISTIAN, according to God's Word, has a pure beginning because Jesus came to fulfill the law, to remove the rituals and replace it with honor. Anything thing a Christian does today to honor God is out of obedience. ACTS. Whether it's tithing, going to church, fasting, feeding the poor, visiting the sick and widowed, praying for others, etc.. they all stem from obedience to God.
God didn't say 'if' you fast, He said 'when". God didn't say 'if' you pray, He said 'when.'

God's Word never changed and won't return to Him void.

Satan has tainted/perverted Christian to the point that it's far removed from what the Bible says. IOW, people who call themselves Christians and blatantly and deliberately aren't living the life, aren't mocking God at all. HE CANNOT be mocked. That is also written, and I know you know that. I'm all for balance. We could be sin conscious, but not to the point of obsession with the lives of others, esp those who have hurt us. I don't believe God wants us to live like this.

Just wanted to be clear and I hope I was, Pooh :yep:

Last edited:
Okay from what I've read. I think they point is being made and examples are being shown through what ppl are saying. But no one has said once what they do about Jesus and their soul? If you feel as though someone has gotten on your nerves in the past, do what the rest of us Christians do which is ignore them and love them anyway. I'm just saying....

I also feel like there's a whole lot of judgment in the thread that 1. shouldn't be here, and 2. doesn't answer the question. On the first page like three ppl answered the question already. So why did this thread become one of complaining about what another person does not like about a Christian?

You are taking a whole group and condemning everyone for the reasons which I see as 1. Someone pointed out ur sin and ur mad (trust me the rest of us don't like it either) and/or 2. You meet 3 crazy people and your making the rest of us pay for it now.

I'd invite you to reread all the posts because there were many good answers, some of them by first-hand experience. If christians cannot be transparent with themselves enough to listen to valid charges, then they have failed to learn what Christ offers - forgiveness and a way out. The only difference between a christian and a non-christian is Christ. The human element is all the same.

I'd invite you to reread all the posts because there were many good answers, some of them by first-hand experience. If christians cannot be transparent with themselves enough to listen to valid charges, then they have failed to learn what Christ offers - forgiveness and a way out. The only difference between a christian and a non-christian is Christ. The human element is all the same.

I've already read the whole thread, when I posted that I read the first page. So my comments weren't directed to the few that were actually discussing the topic. Thanks though.

Guitarhero and everyone

The charges that were bought grouped all Christians as hypocrites which is not true. And yes there are hypocrites in who call themselves Christians. I have said and done hypocritical things so forgive me and those that have been damaged or hurt by Christians, I'm asking you to forgive. Staying mad will only hurt the person that wont let it go. I can't make anyone forgive, forgivesness is up to the person.

The most important thing is that we know Christ and come to know Him. Hypocrites will be around until Christ returns and tearing down Christians will continue as well, so what else is there to this thread? Being upset with Christians does not change who Christ is and what God's word tells us.

@Guitarhero and everyone

The charges that were bought grouped all Christians as hypocrites which is not true. And yes there are hypocrites in who call themselves Christians. I have said and done hypocritical things so forgive me and those that have been damaged or hurt by Christians, I'm asking you to forgive. Staying mad will only hurt the person that wont let it go. I can't make anyone forgive, forgivesness is up to the person.

The most important thing is that we know Christ and come to know Him. Hypocrites will be around until Christ returns and tearing down Christians will continue as well, so what else is there to this thread? Being upset with Christians does not change who Christ is and what God's word tells us.

As a people, the Church as a whole has to take the awful truth along with the glory. Our own sins are only part of the reason we're so hated. But if guity, then we should own up to that. No one is persecuting christians in this thread, they're giving a response as to why. The OP asked a valid question and wanted to know what others thought about it. I think that everyone gave very good responses. If anything, it lets the Church know that she has failed along certain points and that she can improve. Is that not the way Jesus gave? This life is a journey.

When the Church fails, the christian thing to do is to make amends. I don't base my posts upon 1 nasty encounter with individuals, I base mine on policies that were in place and overlooked as harm was done and the Church was silent. We're to always keep getting up and walking up that mountain when we fail:

Episcopal Church Apologizes for Slavery,
Discusses 'White Privilege'

http://afgen.com/episcopal_church_apologizes.html

Pope Offers Apology, Not Penalty, for Sex Abuse Scandal

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/world/europe/21pope.html

1992: Catholic Church apologizes to Galileo, who died in 1642

http://4thefirsttime.blogspot.com/2007/09/1992-catholic-church-apologizes-to.htm

UNITED CHURCH MAKES RES SCHOOL APOLOGY:
http://sisis.nativeweb.org/resschool/oct2798uc.html

Pope Apologizes (Sort of) for Abuse at Indian Residential Schools

http://www.sexualabuseclaimsblog.com/2009/04/pope_apologizes_sort_of_for_ab.html

Last edited:
Guitarhero and everyone

Health&hair28

You're right. It's not true. No one in this thread said ALL Christians were hypocrites. Just some are. That's what I think Guitarhero is also trying to get you to realize.

No, not battling with you Pooh.. :lol: no need to yell and I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. It seems the more I try to explain my position, the less it's understood and that's OK. I guess I'm one of the ones you won't receive from and I see that, and that's OK. I love you!

:bighug:

@Laela

NO, YOU ARE NOT CLEAR. SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH THAT I DID NOT SAY... :ohwell:

I DID NOT SAY JESUS CAME TO MAKE CHRISTIANITY A RELIGION!

I JUST SAID SATAN WAS THE CAUSE OF THE PERVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY! WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME SOMETHING THAT I KNOW AND HAVE ALREADY SAID MYSELF?

I NEVER SAID GOD'S WORD CAN BE CHANGED! I NEVER SAID HE CAN BE MOCKED!

GEEZ, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? :confused:

I DID NOT SAY WE WERE SAYING THE SAME THING! I JUST SIMPLY AGREED WITH YOU AND WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR REPLY TO MY LAST POST! YOU JUST MENTIONED SOMETHING THAT WAS TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THE LITTLE BRIEF POSTS THAT I HAVE MADE IN THIS THREAD! AND I AGREED!

SO WHY ARE YOU STILL BATTLING WITH ME OVER THE SHORT LITTLE POSTS THAT I HAVE MADE IN THIS FORUM? :perplexed

I think the thread has run its course...all that we can stand on is truth...all the other banter does not matter.

Truth #1: Christians will be hated and persecuated. Whether its because we do everything right or everything wrong someone will find fault in what you do.

Truth #2: Christians are COMMANDED to be an example. If you take up the cross, wear it proud and represent the meaning of it. Non-believers are watching and WE ALL will be held responsible for spreading the Gospel and how we treat others.

Truth #3: A Christians conduct DOES NOT take away from the truth of Jesus Christ and what he has done for you. So if you dont like the way Christians are, become one and be the change you want to see.

Off soapbox...

girl i'm tryin' to be positive. i know it's not. :lachen:

This is not biblical true.

From the mouth of Jesus Christ...

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I know some people say well what about babies or little children that do not understand yet...I am surveying the entire bible this year to understand but I am not sure of this. So those things that the bible does not speak on or I currently do not have an answer to, I do not profess to know or have an answer for. Which is ok because I am not God so my lack of knowledge only reveals my reliance on Him. I'll place into this category until I understand better...

1 Corinthians 13:9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!

I find it funny how these five percenters center their religion around the "black man' to the point they make the "black man" god. Seems like they just replaced one god for another.

Yep. They drive themselves crazy if they dont balance the social and spiritual aspects of their belief. Thats why many come off as extremely angry. How frustrating is it to believe that you and your people are queens and gods when no one else does. Not even other blacks. I believe that Erykah Badu is the most sane of them all. Lol. What does that say? Lol

I have to say this:

When Christ asks you on judgment day why didn't you hear His voice and follow him, telling him "because I didn't admire you're followers" is NOT going to be a good excuse.

I think people (including myself) are often too lazy to carry their cross and follow Christ, and we deflect by blaming others for our idleness.

Good word... :yep:

No, not battling with you Pooh.. :lol: no need to yell and I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. It seems the more I try to explain my position, the less it's understood and that's OK. I guess I'm one of the ones you won't receive from and I see that, and that's OK. I love you!

:bighug:

Whatever Laela. Laugh all you want. You quoted BOTH of my short little posts as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Your posts are understood... it's just that I don't see why your posts are directed toward my posts in this thread. I never said anything in opposition to what you have said in this thread. I actually agreed with the things you have said, and you STILL had a long rendition to say to me. So cut it out with the innocence and emotional sarcasm.

Not from my experience.

Not all Christians believe that only Christians will go to heaven. What we agree on is that it is through the sacrifice of Jesus that all will go to heaven. Who goes to heaven is decided by God only and I would never pretend to know his mind or reasoning.

Whatever Laela. Laugh all you want. You quoted BOTH of my short little posts as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Your posts are understood... it's just that I don't see why your posts are directed toward my posts in this thread. I never said anything in opposition to what you have said in this thread. I actually agreed with the things you have said, and you STILL had a long rendition to say to me. So cut it out with the innocence and emotional sarcasm.

awwww sister :bighug:

Thanks for the hug anartist4u2001 :hug2:

Not all Christians believe that only Christians will go to heaven. What we agree on is that it is through the sacrifice of Jesus that all will go to heaven. Who goes to heaven is decided by God only and I would never pretend to know his mind or reasoning.

You're right. This immediately made me think of Oprah and some New Age Movement believers. Oprah considers herself a Christian but does not believe in Jesus dying on the cross for the punishment of sins anymore. She doesn't believe that He is the only way or path to Heaven. She believes that Jesus came to show us how to live and we should try to live like Him. That's it.

Yep. They drive themselves crazy if they dont balance the social and spiritual aspects of their belief. Thats why many come off as extremely angry. How frustrating is it to believe that you and your people are queens and gods when no one else does. Not even other blacks. I believe that Erykah Badu is the most sane of them all. Lol. What does that say? Lol

You mean that there are christians in that type of community as well? :giggle: The enlightened king of the hut. Oh boy!

I am one of them. That is not what my faith teaches and believes. They back it up by scripture. :yep: A lot of times, people put human limitations on G-d because they do not fully comprehend that sacrifice nor His grace. I think that we are often clouded by our own family experiences as representative of what G-d is.

Last edited:
I think it is his people and what they do. The hypocrisy is what people hate. I am a Christian and I dislike Pat Robinson for making Obama out to be Kenyan last coming of Christ. The mix of religion and propaganda politics has left me feeling real mad. I did not grow up in the era of 60s and the good people of the Church were carrying bibles by day and hoods by night. I grew up after that so I bought into alot of lies and it is really starting to show. I believe the bible and I have a relationship with Christ but I question a lot of interpretation and I allow God to judge people and not man.

Last edited:
^^^ If I had a bible or a dime for everyone who said to me that they do not comprehend the hypocrisy but christians respond always, "those weren't christians." It makes one think about what the world is seeing. I cannot comprehend how people separate themselves from the believers like Pat Robertson and the like who truly are skirting the criminal element (blood diamonds) but when good is done, they represent well. The Church is the church, period. The good and bad must be accounted for as a group. If people would not backtrack and admit there is much wrong, it would say so much more to those who might consider the Messiah because they would see Him as He is. It's when we get close to opening up and purging out the bad as the body of Christ that many shut it down.

Last edited:
Back