Why Do Men Love B******

ChanelNo5

That's the name of the book I'm reading right now. And let me tell yall, it's off da chain.

The author's name is Sherry Argov.

This book is about control and power, but not over a man, over yourself.

I could go into a big spill how the end of a 4 year relationship left me depleted and my self-esteem in pieces, and then how I followed up with a friends with benefits situation (i.e. booty call). I'll spare you.

I am smarter and stronger than this, as most women are, but this is exactly what I allowed to happen veerrry slowly over time. Broken like a wild horse. Blinded by "love". HA!

I knew better and most of us deep down already know what she's going to tell you, but sometimes you just need someone to give it to you straight wit no chaser. And that's exactly what she does.

Ladies! Go get this book. Excellent read! Two thumbs up!

Come back and discuss when you do.

Girl, now you know the ladies here on LHCF have discussed this book. Check out the search engine and be sure to also look it up under "WMLB". :yep:

But yeah, I love her message of knowing how to control you in relationships and not the other person. And I believe that expands to even platonic relationships everywhere else. Man, when we get ourselves under control, everything else falls into place :grinwink:

ETA: Here's to a wiser you and me! :cheers:

I almost bought this book last weekend. Hmm I may have to go back and by it.
Don't walk, RUN back to that store and buy it. I've read both of her books twice. They are just that good. I love the fact that she's in your and face and she's funny too! Heck I spend most of the time laughing like this--> :rofl3:. I strongly believe God sent me that book cause it came to me just when i needed it. I will no longer be a "nice" girl aka doormat. I love those books so much i'm gonna have to buy them (i've been borrowing them from the public library).

BTw, my favorite part of the book are the "gourmet" recipes. :lachen:

Last edited:
Girl, i love those recipes...i need to get that book out of storage...its a relaionship bible for me...when things start to get sticky i used to pull it out and it would work...but since its been in storage... i havent been able to grab it in cases of emergency and i got all caught up....that book is the truth

Don't walk, RUN back to that store and buy it. I've read both of her books twice. They are just that good. I love the fact that she's in your and face and she's funny too! Heck I spend most of the time laughing like this--> :rofl3:. I strongly believe God sent me that book cause it came to me just when i needed it. I will no longer be a "nice" girl aka doormat. I love those books so much i'm gonna have to buy them (i've been borrowing them from the public library).

BTw, my favorite part of the book are the "gourmet" recipes. :lachen:

Girl, i love those recipes...i need to get that book out of storage...its a relaionship bible for me...when things start to get sticky i used to pull it out and it would work...but since its been in storage... i havent been able to grab it in cases of emergency and i got all caught up....that book is the truth
Truer words were never spoken. Girl get that book out of storage asap!

men love b!tches because b!tches love themselves.

this is sooo true....i look at my g/f's who treat their b/f's like "whateva negro" and are down right selfish and they have b/f's who cherish the ground they walk on

WMLB is one of the best self help/relationship books out there. I love that the author tells the truth without sugar coating it and she does it with humor.

That's the name of the book I'm reading right now. And let me tell yall, it's off da chain.

The author's name is Sherry Argov.

This book is about control and power, but not over a man, over yourself.

I could go into a big spill how the end of a 4 year relationship left me depleted and my self-esteem in pieces, and then how I followed up with a friends with benefits situation (i.e. booty call). I'll spare you.

I am smarter and stronger than this, as most women are, but this is exactly what I allowed to happen veerrry slowly over time. Broken like a wild horse. Blinded by "love". HA!

I knew better and most of us deep down already know what she's going to tell you, but sometimes you just need someone to give it to you straight wit no chaser. And that's exactly what she does.

Ladies! Go get this book. Excellent read! Two thumbs up!

Come back and discuss when you do.

I read this book before and realized it fit me to a T. I've never had a problem getting or keeping a man and they would say I'm the b**** ice princess:yep:

Thanks for the reminder I started the book but got consumed with school. I think I'll take 30 minutes a day to finish this book.

me and the grils talk about this all the time

when you treat a man nice and sweet--he is damn near acting up to the upmteenth degree-

when you treat him like--idgaf--its like oh ok baby...sweetheart..whatever you want--
but i am all for the idgaf mantra so....its all good...
becaue you can and will be replaced if you dont act right---

MissScarlet I woulda never pegged you for a b****ice princess. Just goes to show you can be sweet and still have your way if you play your cards right.:king:

I have a subject I'm going to experiment some things on and see what kind of response I get.

You know what I take that back, after reading that, it just all makes so much sense. This isn't going to be an experiment, it's a whole new way of life!

have any of you applied some of her suggestions while in a relationship and if so, did they work? Is this a book better read before you get into a relationship?

have any of you applied some of her suggestions while in a relationship and if so, did they work? Is this a book better read before you get into a relationship?

I have'nt applied any to anyone yet. When I did take bits and pieces from the book i.e. not answering my phone all the time he called, it drove him up the wall and made him come closer :lachen:. This is a excellent read and I always take a refresher ever so often. To me personally, I think it would be best to read before a potential relationship because you dont want to drive the guy away because "your acting brand new".

I checked out Why Men Marry B****** last night at the library and I am already done. This book is funny and a lot of it is true. I am glad I read it. This is a must for every woman dating!!

I have'nt applied any to anyone yet. When I did take bits and pieces from the book i.e. not answering my phone all the time he called, it drove him up the wall and made him come closer :lachen:. This is a excellent read and I always take a refresher ever so often. To me personally, I think it would be best to read before a potential relationship because you dont want to drive the guy away because "your acting brand new".

It's never to late to act brand new if you're being mistreated or settling for less!

You know a very dear friend of mine suggested I purchase this book. At that time in my life I was with my now ex-boyfriend who was treating me like a piece of crap. I turned into a ***** and he came running. I thought I was a ***** before but there are certain mistakes we as woman start to make when we get caught up. I read that book and it turned my whole life around. What she tells you to do REALLY WORKS! Now men call me feisty and ***** but in a good way. I'm not the "nice girl" any more. And I love it. But what I love about her is that she stresses to love yourself first. I love this book. I thank God for this book. I've had it for over a year and I still read it like its new until this day!

so true. Men are so illogical.

lmao. this is kinda true. i found out that when i was being an utter b**** and basically giving a guy no attention, he would be blowing up my phone and trying to get with me. i've noticed this with another guy too. but when i'm nice, they are interested at first because i appear to be sweet or maybe their more motivated by the attraction but then that interest wanes quickly. like, WTF?? i cannot keep up that bytch act. i really cannot because it is just not in my nature. i've only ever done it when i was not attracted to the guy at all and he would not get the message that i didn't like him.

i think what i have to do now is just not give so much away at first. i truly think giving them just enough but not always being available in terms of your time and emotion is the way to go. imo, a lot of men like the chase or like to think of you as somewhat of a challenge or mysterious. i should look into this book.

when you treat him like--idgaf--its like oh ok baby...sweetheart..whatever you want--
but i am all for the idgaf mantra so....its all good...
becaue you can and will be replaced if you dont act right---

LMAO. this is been my experience too. it's like as soon as they see you as nice they are pretty much through with you or think that they must be your only option available so don't feel any real need to treat you well. but i think when you act somewhat aloof but are still occasionally receiving their calls and whatnot (which lets them know there might be some interest there on your part), they will damn near fight to be in your life. maybe they think you have a lot of options lined up. it's a trip, for real.

I read that book and it's really good. Another book I read that I thought was REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY Good, and it's really old (written in 1985) is called "Smart Women, Foolish Choices" by Dr. Connell Cowan and Dr. Melvyn Kinder. It's very good!

great book! i just bought it and it totally makes sense ...all the relationships i ended the guys are still chasing after me to this day!...the one time i really fell for someone ...i ended up chasin him away by being to needy...i have to stay in control of myself and my emotions

Lol... this stuff works. I just skimmed it in the bookstore the other day and I started applying it to all the guys in my life. Its just little stuff, but they treat me differently.

I was madly in love with my ex but i treated him like a complete ***** most of the time. I acted so spoilt - i felt myself doing it but couldn't help it. He was very much a man's man and complained that i was emasculating him with the way i spoke to him. He was very good looking and hard working too.

I asked him, 'why the hell are you with me then? Walk away if you want'.
He said he was in love with me and wanted to make it work and that he would just have to put up with my ways:ohwell:

Back