Why Do I Feel Bad?

He did. After I left for the summer, he called me for almost 4 straight months and sent a Christmas gift.

I'm more upset at myself than him. I'm upset at myself for calling him when I didn't hear from him after a month.

You're right. I should know what's up and that's why I'm upset for calling him. I feel like I made myself look desperate. I've learned my lesson.

ndidirod
It's okay. You made a mistake. But it wasn't such a big mistake and now you've learned your lesson. Forgive yourself, let it go.

I thought with multiple dating you let each party knows that you are seeing other people. Did you let the guy you were in a LDR know you were going out with another person. Anyhow, he did you a favour to confessing up he is seeing other people too.

The communication wasn't there to begin with. With this other person you are seeing did you tell him you are multiple dating? Anyways good luck in finding Mr.Right!

I saw that before I posted. It really doesn't change my view. You were both dating other people. You didn't ask him and he didn't ask you to be exclusive. However, you expected him to do that. When he didn't immediately do that you got mad. I really don't understand. I mean I get that you caught feelings before he did but that is not really his fault if you didn't tell him that earlier and stop seeing the other guys. :ohwell:

Good luck with the next guy.

what other people was she dating? If anything the entire story was only about him, not once did she even mention another person. I dont even know why she added that to the OP to be honest. why would she be so focused on this dude and his shenigans if she was truly dating others

OP what of the others?

I thought with multiple dating you let each party knows that you are seeing other people. Did you let the guy you were in a LDR know you were going out with another person. Anyhow, he did you a favour to confessing up he is seeing other people too.

The communication wasn't there to begin with. With this other person you are seeing did you tell him you are multiple dating? Anyways good luck in finding Mr.Right!

Thanks.

I told the first guy that I wouldn't close myself off to others since he wasn't ready for a relationship at the time. He said he understood. He did not tell me he would be dating others.

I told the second guy that I'm not closed off to seeing other people. At this point, he's the only one I'm dating now that the first guy is out.

Last edited:
what other people was she dating? If anything the entire story was only about him, not once did she even mention another person. I dont even know why she added that to the OP to be honest. why would she be so focused on this dude and his shenigans if she was truly dating others

OP what of the others?

I just started dating one other guy recently. It's been about a month. It helped in that I hardly noticed that the first guy had stopped calling. But that was where the help ended. I still had that first guy on my mind.

So there were only two guys. The guy in this thread and the one I just started dating.

I saw that before I posted. It really doesn't change my view. You were both dating other people. You didn't ask him and he didn't ask you to be exclusive. However, you expected him to do that. When he didn't immediately do that you got mad. I really don't understand. I mean I get that you caught feelings before he did but that is not really his fault if you didn't tell him that earlier and stop seeing the other guys. :ohwell:

Good luck with the next guy.

For the first 4 months, I was his only interest (or so he says) and he was mine. He definitely knew I had feelings for him. He knew I wanted to be serious. He also knew that I wouldn't close myself off to others since he wasn't ready for a relationship at the time. I just started dating the second guy a month ago.

I was initially mad at him because I thought he respected me enough to tell me if he started dating other people. However, as I stated in another post, I can't be mad at him. I'm more mad at myself at this point.

Dating multiple men isn't for everybody. You don't have to tell a man you are dating others if you are not working toward being exclusive imo. Some men feel threatened by the competition and others not so much. It takes time to get to know someone and to decide if you want to be exclusive. Different strokes for different folks. I say may the best man win.

So there were only two guys. The guy in this thread and the one I just started dating
Seeing that you just started dating another recently, that means you actually werent dtaing multiple people

Thanks.

I told the first guy that I wouldn't close myself off to others since he wasn't ready for a relationship at the time. He said he understood. He did not tell me he would be dating others.

after he said he wasnt looking for a relationshiop, you shouldnty have even told him alladat. whether you were dating others or not, he wasnt looking for a serious relationship period.

anyway that's done for now. good luck with the other guy. what was going on with him while you were wasting time going after that other one

Last edited:
Dating multiple men isn't for everybody. You don't have to tell a man you are dating others if you are not working toward being exclusive imo. Some men feel threatened by the competition and others not so much. It takes time to get to know someone and to decide if you want to be exclusive. Different strokes for different folks. I say may the best man win.

^This. As long as you aren't leading any of them on and you're being honest with yourself and checking your emotions, there's no reason to get oneitis when you aren't even exclusive with anyone.

Back