Who NEVER had Armpit length,but now does!

This is me. Even when I joined this board APL seemed like a far away land that many spoke of, but I might never go, lol. Now that I'm there I feel the same about BSL and beyond - only difference is, I'm packing my bags and ready to go this time!!

This thread is so encouraging to me!! My goal is APL and my plan and desire is to join you guys this year :)

I cannot say that I never had APL because I did...but as an adult, it alluded me and I was stuck at the SL cafe for years and years and years :wallbash: Now, I am officially APL, thanks to low manipulation and protective styling and I hope to be close to BSB by the end of this year...Even though, I had it (APL) years ago, it feels good to be here again and I'm not looking back!

I'm on that same boat. I had APL hair as child for a little while before I got a relaxer at the age of 12. The longest my hair was after that was full SL. I'm back to APL now. WOOOHOOO! and on my way to BSL. Longest my hair has ever been. Super excited!

This is me. Even when I joined this board APL seemed like a far away land that many spoke of, but I might never go, lol. Now that I'm there I feel the same about BSL and beyond - only difference is, I'm packing my bags and ready to go this time!!

This sounds like me :yep:

Never been APL still hard to believe I'll make it there... My hair now (in the back) is the longest it's ever been but I'm still not APL :lol: hitting about SL+.

tapioca_pudding said:
Never been APL still hard to believe I'll make it there... My hair now (in the back) is the longest it's ever been but I'm still not APL :lol: hitting about SL+.

I feel the same way...

My Hair was never APL all my life and i feel that i am getting closer and this time i will make it! APL is a huge milestone for my life since i never ever had longer hair than SL. now im passed Collarbone and also my hair is thick. thing that i never experience when i was relaxed. im excited and im Believing that i will reach it very soon !!! (im 2 iinches away!)

HHJ to all and i wish everyone with the same goal as mine to come true!

Didn't read all the thread...

But it is amazing to see how the "Ultimate Goal" for a lot of ladies back then was APL. Many have achieved (since that thread) APL.
These days I am seeing WL and HL threads.:drunk:

Great thread!!

I'm in the same boat.. always hovered between SL and CBL but never got to APL.

I'm about 2 inches away now... I've been paying more attention to my protein/ moisture balance, rollersetting, minimizing the excess heat, paying attention to my ends, and DC every week. The only thing I need to work on is PS... maybe that's the key to getting to APL? I only PS 3 or 4 days out of the week and I know some people PS every single day.

Me! I may have grazed a thin apl but mostly, I was under the impression that my sl hair was long. I mean, people will make you feel that way. I've grown my hair waaaaay in the gravy section. I came on the board looking forward to growing to mbl. But my hair kept going. It's just a time thing and protecting what you have. It growing and will add up before you know it.

Ha! No secrets here! I started by cutting out all heat...absolutely no blow drying and I might have flat ironed twice that first year to check my full length. I still have not used a blow dryer since 01/06 and don't plan to ever again. I cowashed twice a week for a while, but had a major setback due to lack of protein. I shedded big time for a few weeks until I discovered how to use Aphogee, then I eventually got back on track. And now wash/DC or lite protein once a week and Aphogee every 6 weeks. I bunned throughout the first year and still do actually. I sprayed Surge 14 on my scalp and followed up with WGO and massage every other night. I saturate my ends with Cantu Breakcure and cover my hair and ends with a light application of coconut oil. Throw up into the bun with my hands...no combing during the week. At first I did braidouts cause I didn't have enough hair to make a bun, but as soon as I could I did that from then on. I didn't take any growth aids or use anything out of the ordinary until November (cause I was scurred), when I started doing henna w/herb treatments. By then I had already gotten great growth, but the henna did a lot for my hair with strengthening and adding great color and shine. I just started taking Biotin a couple months ago cause they are tiny and I can swallow them easily:look:. I do think they enhance my growth. I saw new growth come in much earlier after my last relaxer. I also just started using the Boundless Tresses, and I really do like it so far. That's it...no secrets...kinda boring...cause patience and consistency is really the secret and that gets so borrrringgg! Hang in there!!!;)

P.S. Serenity...thanks for the shout out girl!:kiss:

THIS WAS GREAT!! Thanks for letting us in on your regiment!!

I was never APL until I was pregnant with my son who is now 5, then I BC and now I am MBL. I was WL a couple of months ago, but my beautician trimmed me up. I did not have APL or longer hair until my 30s.

I'm one inch away and never been this close, apart from once, but it was really thin - will come back and post when i am there!

Last edited:
Wow I started this thread in 2007 NEVER thinking I would reach APL. I think I reached that goal in a years time and some more. It seemed far far away then, but it can definitely happen to the ladies that feel the way I did when I started this journey. With that said, I have yet to reach FULL BSL. I have crazed it and then trim........sooooo one day!

I have never been APL. My hair usually grows a little passed SL and then breaks off. I have been on a healthy hair journey for almost 2 years now (will be two years in October) and I am finally APL! My hair is also at its healthiest but I do need to take care of my dry ends so that I can make it to BSL. It can be done! And good luck to those on their way to APL! :-)

Attachments

• August Relaxer Update.jpg
    August Relaxer Update.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 156
i have been there before, but not on my own. when i got there before i was in the hands of stylists. getting there on my own was a great accomplishment. now i am working on BSB and BSL by the end of the year.

Wow I started this thread in 2007 NEVER thinking I would reach APL. I think I reached that goal in a years time and some more. It seemed far far away then, but it can definitely happen to the ladies that feel the way I did when I started this journey. With that said, I have yet to reach FULL BSL. I have crazed it and then trim........sooooo one day!

i am loving this! i am SO LOVING the fact that i keep seeing threads from a few years ago of ladies who wanted longer hair, and now they are at their original goal.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!:grin:

TJauneT said:
I have never been APL. My hair usually grows a little passed SL and then breaks off. I have been on a healthy hair journey for almost 2 years now (will be two years in October) and I am finally APL! My hair is also at its healthiest but I do need to take care of my dry ends so that I can make it to BSL. It can be done! And good luck to those on their way to APL! :-)

This is just gorgeous

ME ME ME!:yay: Before I went natural I could only get a few inches past my shoulders. Now I'm a little past APL. I have been APL for a while...I actually touch BSL a few months ago, but I got 3 inches cut off. I hope to get full BSL by the end of the year:grin:

picture.php

Last edited:
Never even past nl before joining the board,I reached apl many times, even made bsb before I transitioned.
Bc'd last year and closing in on apl again, this time as natural

I always had shoulder length, APL seemed so far away... now I'm past it touching BSL, waiting to be FULL bsl by December, maybe even more. It's the longest it's been ever. Now I find myself getting my front hair into my armpits :/, have to get it out of the way from under my bag strap, and I love it! I haven't gotten a weave check because I leave a white skunk stripe in the front (my grays).

Back