Who NEVER had Armpit length,but now does!

I have never been APL. My hair usually grows a little passed SL and then breaks off. I have been on a healthy hair journey for almost 2 years now (will be two years in October) and I am finally APL! My hair is also at its healthiest but I do need to take care of my dry ends so that I can make it to BSL. It can be done! And good luck to those on their way to APL! :-)

TJauneT it's sooo good to be able to see the before and after pic, esp since your before pic looks about the same length as my hair now. Can you share your regimen? What is your hair type? And how long do you stretch your relaxers and how do you wear your hair everyday, also what products do you use? I am in love with your progress!!!

Me!! But now I'm stuck at this length, arrggh. This is the length that I wanted when I initially joined lhcf but you know hanging out on these boards...well my new goal is bsl. It is taking me 900 years to get there, ugh.

I never had long hair as a child. I reached APL once with sew-ins but my hair was so damaged that I had to get about 3 in. trimmed. That sucked but it was a blessing in disguise because that experience kicked off my HHJ. Today, I have a few strands touching APL and I'm so excited! My hair has never been this healthy and even though I'm years away from my ultimate goal of MBL, I'm very content.

What a wonderful thread! Its such an inspiration to us ladies who have never been this length to see those who have reached it.

My hair is grazing APL in the back but the sides will take a little longer to get there. I have found it such a struggle since l have not only been learning what my hair needs and likes but learning all the things necessary to grow it. Hopefully by the end of this year l will see a big difference with all the work l am putting in.

Happy hair growing

Back