Who NEVER had Armpit length,but now does!

SerenityBreeze said:
I dont ever recall having hair past APL. Shoulder was the longest for me. Thank you to all of you inspiring ladies on the board and I had to give a shout out to everyone else who has made it!! :Yay: Congrats to you !!!! You have worked so hard to get where you are!!! To everyone else keep thinking positive, you CAN do it!! We are all here to cheer and encourage you along!!

XXXtacy – Congrats on reaching your goals!

Lashay06 – Woah!! Very inspiring! You hair is just beautiful! Very Healthy

Senimoni – I love your braidout and hair texture. I looks so soft and full!!

Msocoface – Great Progress!!

Rzilynt – Talk about inspiration..Your hair is just amazing. I love your ends..nice and blunt

Caligirl- I hope to meet you at brastrap this year!! I think we started at the same time. Great attitude

Oneinamillion – You know ur my girl.. I love your hair

KinKakes – You are such an inspiration…givin a sista some hope ova here!! Just to know that you never had long hair reminds me that its possible!! Thanks for all of your contributions!

Silvergirl – I would trade my hair for your anyday!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!

Divinefavor – Great Progress!

Lavendar – You are working it girl!! Tell EM YES YOU CAN!!

Trimbride – You have retained plenty in the past year – grow on!!

SummaBliss – I love your hair!!

Nelli – You have my dream hair! I cant wait until my hair evens out like that. Very healthy. You have done an incredible job. Give us hope!

Soun – Congrats on reaching BSL –Ahh, I can only dream of the day!

ITA, and thanks for the compliment!!! I have been inspired by many, and I hope to inspire many too. xxx

Thanks for the compliment SerenityBreeze! Can't wait till we reach BSL in a couple of months! I bet the Ladies and Mirror Image are gonna start charging extra for us...that's when we'll know that we've arrived :lol: .

KiniKakes said:
*raises hand* Before lhcf my hair was NEVER armpit or thick. Now its almost MBL and has gained much more volume. I never thought it was possible til now!!! :D

this is a great thread! And Kini, you are one of my hair inspirations as a fellow fine hair girl! :D

I would like to hear from the LCHF ladies like the title suggested; ladies who have never been APL but are now?

Are those ladies here? Where are you ladies hiding :sekret:

Last edited:
Its crazy b/c when I was in HS I had BSL hair...when I went to college I got my 1st relaxer, it broke off to APL. Then I got it cut continuously due to damage from chemicals. Since 1997 my hair has not passed shoulder length. :nono:

But thats ok b/c 2008 will be "The Year of the Hair" for me. :grin: I am working on APL.

Me! I don't remember ever having hair as long as I have now (even though my hair was pretty long as a little girl). My hair usually was past shoulder length, but not quite APL. Now it's most definitely APL and I can't wait to reach BSL. I feel that once I reach BSL I'll be in the safe zone and I'll feel that I'm really on the fast track to achieving my ultimate hair goal.

I was always able to get to SL and a little past but never quite make it to APL, I didn't know that you have to keep your hair off your shoulders to stop it from rubbing against your clothing or anything that it could get snagged on :sad:. Didn't really know about protein/moisture balance and I also used to get a touch-up at 6 weeks :blush:. But now I know better and therefore I do better and I'm on my way to BSL :yep:.

I went from Neck Length to Armpit Length this year. I love LHCF. The first couple months of 2007 I had cornrows and microbraids. I loved the cornrows but the micros came loose to quickly. Then I wore my hair out a little bit after I graduated. Then I wore weaves. I love weaves and my sister does them so I did that alot. Then I found LHCF and I havent looked back. No more weaves. No more braids. Well, unless I want a little spice or variety. And now I have APL hair and my growth and retention is amazing me. I am positive I will be at full BSL and maybe flirting with MBL by the end of 2008.

thanks for bumping this thread...because i never reached APL before this year. i always said i would be satisfied if i got to APL, and while i want more, i can safely say i would be happy if my hair stopped growing where it is.

ME!! The longest my hair had EVER been is a couple inches past shoulder. But now, I actually have some strands touching WL. :grin:

With patience and consistency, it will happen for you too.

My hair has never ever ever been past SL....until this year. I'm about an inch from full APL. I'm confident I'll get there before the new year! :yay:

I have never been this close to APL in my life
My hair would always start to break off once I reached Neck Length

i fit in this category:) :drunk::drunk::drunk: i could never get my hair past collarbone when relaxing. i would always end up with thinning, breaking hair.:perplexed it looked healthy, but it really wasn't.:ohwell: since going natural, i've been able to grow past apl, bottom layer is peeking at bsb. i plan to grow to at least wsl & maybe beyond. :grin::grin::grin:

i fit in this category:) :drunk::drunk::drunk: i could never get my hair past collarbone when relaxing. i would always end up with thinning, breaking hair.:perplexed it looked healthy, but it really wasn't.:ohwell: since going natural, i've been able to grow past apl, bottom layer is peeking at bsb. i plan to grow to at least wsl & maybe beyond. :grin::grin::grin:

tjk25, love the way you check your growth against the inches, i do this too, your hair is lovely, checked out your fotki. i'm also trying to get to the dreaded Apl, was early there, but had to trim, dont know where i am now :look:

Thanks for bumping this thread. Its interesting to see many of the members who originally posted are now at APL and beyond!

Gives me hope!

tjk25, love the way you check your growth against the inches, i do this too, your hair is lovely, checked out your fotki. i'm also trying to get to the dreaded Apl, was early there, but had to trim, dont know where i am now :look:

thanks reni. so is yours. lol, it takes patience, and a slightly compulsive personality:lachen::drunk::lachen:, but i think i just like seeing the numbers get bigger. i'm hoping to reach my 20 in. goal sometime next fall. you'll get back to apl before you know it, and it'll be even thicker because of the trim.

I have never had "long hair" until this LHCF...I'm at APL now and it seems like bsl is taking forever but I'm still counting my blessings. I'm truly greatful for the informaiton I have learned on this site

APL = check!
BSL = Goal Jan '10

I thought I was APL for a while but I hadn't straighten my hair since march. I got a blow out last week and it is offical APL. It took 7 months (march til now) to go from SL (slightly beloew) to APL (slightly below).

Back