March Length Check...Am I Armpit Now? Pics Inside

Is Janet' APL?

• Definitely! Congrats...

Votes: 106 45.7%
  • Almost There...Maybe a Few More Pieces

Votes: 120 51.7%
  • Girl, Who Are You Kidding? Not a Chance...

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe it is. At least, this is the time frame I am giving myself this year to get to BSL :yep::yep:

Congrats on making APL! YAAY!

Thanks! I'm all for being realistic. I guess I will unofficially join BSL Challenge...

We are at the same place on our shirts...I am not claiming APL til i hit 4.5-5" on my shirt. So I say by may.
Some strands hit APL but full will be 4.5-5" on our shirt.
Looking good though. We are almost there girl!! ;-)

Lol. Yeah, hair4romheaven- that's why I'm having to ask...I know that I'm not FULL APL because on me- I'm 5/7.5- and 4" is unequivocal APL- 5" on me is the bottom of APL- would that be BSB?

Girl, you might as well come on and join us in the BSL Challenge!:grin::grin::grin:

:grin::grin: Yikes! This is the 2nd or 3rd invite...Here I come!

lol when i read the title, i thought "let me see this"

and then i said "HELL YEA YOU APL!!!"

YOU THEREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATZZZZZZZ

Adora, you are too funny! I know if anyone is gonna keep it real, you will...Thanks!:yep:

Lol. Yeah, hair4romheaven- that's why I'm having to ask...I know that I'm not FULL APL because on me- I'm 5/7.5- and 4" is unequivocal APL- 5" on me is the bottom of APL- would that be BSB?

Interesting question as i am 5"7 as well. I have yet to fully straighten my hair & i think 5" is the same for me the bottom of apl. When you hit the bottom of the goal it's considered full..right? So in essence full for us will be 4 -4.5?
Girl IDK I have a problem i am hair obsessed :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Ok...Can an expert (or two or three) please come in and clarify for me and Hair4romheaven...Is the bottom of APL basically BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) and would BSB and BSL be considered two different lengths? Thanks...

I'm not an expert, but here are my two cents.

BSB and BSL are only different lengths if you wear your bra particularly low or high.
Some people wear bras at midback; some people wear them up around their armpits. Unless your bra sits in the hollow where the shoulder blades end and the ribcage continues, then BSL and BSB will be different lengths for you.

I don't think that bottom of APL is always BSB. It may depend on your particular body dimensions and the length of your torso. I'm short, but I have a long torso for my height. I just checked on myself, and after my armpits stop, there's like...an inch of nothingness/bone, and then there's the knob that signals the end of the shoulder blades. So on me, bottom of APL is not BSB. That may not be the case for you. You have to sit down with a camera or mirror and figure out how your body is built.

I think you're almost there but not quite. You'd need another inch IMO to claim it on your longest length. And the rest of your layers could probably get you to a full APL by mid/end summer.

You're close tho!

ETA: You should def join the BSL challenge because your bottom layers are on their way there :yep: HHG!

Last edited:
I don't think you're there yet; but it's kinda hard to tell from the creasing of your top. I think if you had a firmer fitting shirt so it's not forming misleading creases, it'd be easier to see.

I think you're almost there but not quite. You'd need another inch IMO to claim it on your longest length. And the rest of your layers could probably get you to a full APL by mid/end summer.

You're close tho!

ETA: You should def join the BSL challenge because your bottom layers are on their way there :yep: HHG!

I agree but your hair looks great!!!!!:grin:

I can never tell with the shirt on, so I take it off to measure on my body.

comparisonshot20100318BKT-vi.jpg

I see almost APL. I think you have about a half inch to go to get there. The only reason I say this is because I cannot really clearly see your armpits through the shirt you're wearing. Now if you had on a spaghetti strapped blouse and I can distinctly make out where your armpits are, then yes I'd say beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are exactly at armpit length. All in all, your hair is thick, absolutely lovely and keep up the good work.

Back