Who is SO really???

I had to ask even though the situation has been resolved, was that the first time your ex had done things you disagreed with or disliked in your presence?

or was is it the severity of the instances that pushed you over the limit? How long were you dating?

Hmm, would like to show support here, but I'd have to say I would be pissed if I found out that I was being dumped so soon after a trip for something that could have been addressed, like behavior with service industry workers. During the trip I would have stepped in to smooth any harshness in his voice and I would have talked to him privately abt it and at least given the man the chance to do otherwise (if it is a cultural/family thing).

On the other hand, if I found out that my IR partner was dumping me bc he thinks he'd rather be with someone of his own race, then we were both done a favor.

BTW, as a South African I wonder if your concern is so much the race of your children as it is the national/cultural affiliations they will have: South African vs. Spanish. It's not like in America, where many white and black Americans can at least identify with the same country and understand or have been exposed to a lot of the same customs.

Are you saying you wouldn't even consider a potential cultural clash with, say, a man from Jamaica... just bc he's phenotypically black like you?

Finally, don't act like yall are so concerned abt how early a man brings up exclusivity:lol: as much as we champion the women on here who boast abt their hubbies locking it down within 2-3 weeks. As much as they're sometimes treated like fascinating/lucky unicorns here:lol: the assumption that a man must be a controlling creep if he actually proposes exclusivity faster than dictate your previous experiences... is kinda laughable to me.

I think she meant that he was sad (the man just got dumped, unexpectedly) so not taking it well would be a normal reaction no? I don't think he's being aggressive/stalkerish.

Um..yeah I get that. But I still don't put anything past anyone. Based on reading all that she's shared I'd just want her to be careful. Some men are like ticking time bombs and do not handle rejection well. Sadness can turn into anger...so on and so forth. Another poster told her to "break up with him carefully". People are crazy. You just never know.

CarLiTa he wasn't happy but no-ne who gets dumped is glad. i have and will date black men from other cultures. I don't have a problem with that, my issue has never been to do with cultures. You are right in saying that it is much more complex issue here in SA then it is the states. I have only recently decided that a black husband would be better for me. I don't apologise for that.

CarLiTa he wasn't happy but no-ne who gets dumped is glad. i have and will date black men from other cultures. I don't have a problem with that, my issue has never been to do with cultures. You are right in saying that it is much more complex issue here in SA then it is the states. I have only recently decided that a black husband would be better for me. I don't apologise for that.

I don't think you should either, @ledisi. I just wasn't sure which of the issues you brought up in the thread was the driver for the breakup. With your decision, it is surely for the best :)

Back