Votes: 66 71.0%
  • no

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Colocha

I wanted to do a poll to see how many of you do not use a leave in. I do but i was wondering today why? Do i even need to? Feel free to vote.

I voted yes, I use Infusium-23 leave in, but im looking for a new one because i dont think its any good for my hair.

I'm not sure. I leave one thing in my hair and usually that's conditioner. If conditioner counts, then yes. If it doesn't, then no.

ETA: I don't believe there's a difference between leave-ins, moisturizers, and rinse-out conditioners. Generally, they all have the same ingredients so it doesn't make a difference. Also, the point of a moisturizer is to leave it in your hair and the point of a leave in is for it to moisturize, so they're the same to me.

Last edited:
I Always, Always, Always Use a Leave-In. I use it basically as an Extra Layer of Protection.:look:

After I rinse out my DC and before I get under the dryer and/or proceed with styling.

I feel it gives it an extra layer of Moisture and an Extra Layer of Protection from whatever tools and other styling abuses your hair encounters.:spinning:

For Me, It functions as that Extra Layering of Conditioner.:yep:

I'm not sure. I leave one thing in my hair and usually that's conditioner. If conditioner counts, then yes. If it doesn't, then no.

If your using your conditoner as a moisturizer no it doesn't count. I know you don't use very many products. Im really thinking that i don't need a leave in and moisturizer too. I wanted to see if some people were only using a moisturizer and nothing else.

I use KBB hair milk for my leave it. It untangles and moisturizes nicely. Plus it makes adding butters to my hair a lot easier.

after i joined lhcf, i started using a leave it. i think i need a new one though. i don't have any complaints about the one i use, but i can't help but think there's a better one out there. right now, i use mop leave-in.

I use conditioner to moisturize usually and seal. When I roller set, I do not use anything at all because my hair is fine and gets weighed down too much.

I do when I flat iron, otherwise I don't. Basically every other time during summer, every time during winter.

yup yup. its meant to be a rinse out but that would be a waste of its amazingness: Garnier Sleek and Shine Fortifying Cream Conditioner (yes I used its full government lol)

prior to healthy hair care, i put NOTHING in my hair because i wanted to keep the salon swang...hot mess i know

i always use a leave in conditioner. for the most part its always kbb hair milk followed by a sealant, kbb hair cream or coconut oil.
when i was relaxed it was a number of leave ins lol.
before i found this board i never even knew leave ins existed. i would just apply grease before and after blowdrying.

I used to, but I ran out and haven't bought a new one, though I do plan on getting a new one.

I just DC and slather my hair with a natural oil or an oil concoction. If I think my hair is a little dry I rinse the conditioner briefly with cold water (instead of lukewarm), so it's not completely tripped out.

naah. I tried it for a while but it honestly made no difference in my hair so I cut it. I do leave alittle of my regular conditioner in sometimes though when i notice my hair becoming alittle dry. That usually does the trick for me. I only do this when it's in its curly state. NEVER when i'm flat ironing.

I ALWAYS use leave in ntm leave in sealed with chi, hawian silky 14 in1 sealed with amla or brami oil for twist outs or ponies I will try shescentit jojoba hair milk and moisture mist next:grin:

I use a leave all the time. But La Colocha, when my friend did my hair, she said dont put ANYTHING in it! She doesn't use a leave in and her is very lovely! (I am just to joined at the hip with my leave-ins though. I will continue to use them because my hair needs them.)

nope!

I like to let my hair air dry...and it takes a lot longer to do when I keep a leave-in on.

I usually just seal with coconut oil and I'm good. If I'm having a dry hair spell (the ends) I may put a little KBB Hair Milk or VO5 on there for good measure and pin my hair up.

I'm sure when I cut my relaxed ends off though, my hair will love the extra conditioner on a regular basis...

No, I do not. My regimen is working fine for me. I do not believe in adding products or processes to my reggie just because many other people do.

I used to do it as a way to reduce tangles, but now that I'm using a porosity control product (Stabilizer Plus), I don't seem to need it. I'm a die-hard rollersetter and eliminating the leave-in has helped reduce my drying time.

I didn't use a leave in last night. And today my hair feels pretty good. I can't really tell a difference. Im going to go without it for a few days to see if i like it. I used water as my moisturizer and sealed with my hair butter.

yup yup. its meant to be a rinse out but that would be a waste of its amazingness: Garnier Sleek and Shine Fortifying Cream Conditioner (yes I used its full government lol)

prior to healthy hair care, i put NOTHING in my hair because i wanted to keep the salon swang...hot mess i know

That is one of my staples.

I also love Hairveda leave in.

I use a little bit of cantu shea butter leave-in- only a little because I rollerset.

I also just ordered some Lacio Lacio leave in and the Sheep Placenta leave -in (cant' think of the name) but I'm going to try both.

I'm sticking with leave-ins because my hair needs all the moisture it can get.

I have NEVER in my life used a leave-in conditioner and I've always had healthy hair. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I had never heard of it until I joined these hair forums! However, I did just purchase Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and the Knot Today since from everything I've read the Curling Custard works better if you use the Knot Today. We'll see. I will try it with the Knot Today this week-end and without the following week-end.

I always use a leave-in. My hair needs all the protection and moisture it can get. I love lacio lacio and fermodyl; however, I also use other products if they are unavailable.

Back