Who has convinced you to buy what?

Ok, I just came back from Walgreens thought of you ladies advocating for their favorite products. How could I *not* pick up Chi Silk Infusion (OMG This stuff was $11.99 for 2 ounces. Thats $6.00/ounce!! ) But I just had to get it from all of Navsegda's raves. When I ever decide to use heat, i will have it handy.

I also got some ORS Hair Mayonaise for pre-pooing after looking at KiniKakes step by step fotki. Her hair is beautiful!

Who else has inspired you to buy products from their raves or their beautiful hair?

SerenityBreeze convinced me to try caruso steam rollers and to go back to DRC-28. Isis convinced me to try Headress as a leave in and to air dry.

Kinikakes convinced me to buy the exact same shampoo/conditioner/rinse that her stylist at the Dominican salon uses.:)

Many things have been inspired by many people BUT

Texasgt have me in love with the IJE oil.
Tsmith.....hipped to Profective Healthy Ends
Crlsweetie and Mona Lisa............Have me riding the Motions Moisture Plus wag. (in the 5lb tub)
Adw45.....I got so many Oil tips from her.
Bublnbrwsuga..........Asha's Heavenly pudding and Myhoneychild Loc Butter
TSUPrincess......I Would have never tried the Design Essential Products if wasn't for her. I also give credit to her and bublnbrnsuga for the tips on the Shealoe Butter.

I can't remember who gave me the Oyin Tips but I thankful to them!

But all in all....the board really inspires me.

SerenityBreeze said:
Ok, I just came back from Walgreens thought of you ladies advocating for their favorite products. How could I *not* pick up Chi Silk Infusion (OMG This stuff was $11.99 for 2 ounces. Thats $6.00/ounce!! ) But I just had to get it from all of Navsegda's raves. When I ever decide to use heat, i will have it handy.

I also got some ORS Hair Mayonaise for pre-pooing after looking at KiniKakes step by step fotki. Her hair is beautiful!

Who else has inspired you to buy products from their raves or their beautiful hair?

Chi Silk Infusion is @ walgreen's? I've never seen it there before??

sylver- NTM SILK TOUCH-LEAVE IN CON.
sistaslick - suave milk and honey con.(as a light protein moisturizer)
sylver and isis - optimum no-lye relaxer

KhandiB got me hooked on Kemi Oyl. Love it to death.

And even though it ended up being a miss for me, Crlsweetie's raves of Motions Moisture Plus would probably have anybody going to get it.

Priestess also got me to go get some Proclaim Aloe and Shea butter conditioner, even though I haven't used it yet.

Flowerhair--organics liquid leave in mayo as a daily moisturizer
VWVixxen---hair steamer
Sylver--NTM serum and leave in
dLewis---Amla oil
lonei---giovanni magnetic(this line made me put three trash bags full of products in storage in my basement it is amazing on my natural 4b hair)
Isis--- Aveda
naturallady---boundless tresses aka odorless MTG

I am sure that there are others but these are the ones that I still use in my regimen

so1913 convinced me to get Fantasia IC Thick N Shine and thank God she did :love: I'm also considering trying the BD Stretch because of her. :yep:

sylver---NTM silk touch
sistaslick--ORS olive oil
navsegda---Chi Silk, Motions Lavish Shampoo, Silk Protein condit. moisture plus con. (LUV these!!)
????---kids organic detangler---THE BEST
naturallady--BT
nicenwavy(??)--lenzis request

I usually don't pick up stuff based on one person's rave. If a couple people do it I start countin' my quarters. :)

Last edited:
SO1913 Fantasia Thick and Shine Gel...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...they stopped selling my Dark Vigoral gel and I tried just about every other gel to replace it but nothing compared UNTIL I tried the Thick n' Shine.

Lauren450 convinced me to try NTM product line... Lauren450 and Macherieamour convinced me to try roller sets as a semi-protective style instead of just buns.

What a cool thread! Here are my past and present inspirations: :D

Sylver2: NTM everything and Rusk Smoother
Mona Lisa: White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner
Navsegda: CHI Infusion, Motions Nourish spray, Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
Macherieamour: Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment
Miracle: Kids Organics Gro Strong
Babygurl: Mini-scrunchies
Divine Inspiration: Paul Mitchell The Detangler

Last edited:
Priestess said:
What a cool thread! Here are my past and present inspirations: :D

Sylver2: NTM everything
Mona Lisa: White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner
Navsegda: CHI Infusion, Motions Nourish spray, Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
Macherieamour: Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment
Miracle: Kids Organics Gro Strong
Babygurl: Mini-scrunchies
Divine Inspiration: Paul Mitchell The Detangler

Priestess, what's a mini-scrunchie. That sounds like something I would like! Can you post a pic or link to a pic? Where do I get them?

Navs- chi silk infustion, garnier length and strength conditioner
Sherrylove, Priestess, Supergirl, Allandra, Ambitious- Aubrey Organics Conditioners

Supergirl said:
Priestess, what's a mini-scrunchie. That sounds like something I would like! Can you post a pic or link to a pic? Where do I get them?

Supergirl, they are nothing short of miraculous! Scuncci makes them, CVS always has them if you have one in your area. They are black and slightly satiny and essential for creating big luscious buns with. Here's a link:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100745&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod378253

BTW Supergirl, you were my inspiration for bun making. In your fotki you mentioned using scrunchies as a base when creating buns and I found it really does work at creating a nice stable bun. :yep:

Priestess said:
Supergirl, they are nothing short of miraculous! Scuncci makes them, CVS always has them if you have one in your area. They are black and slightly satiny and essential for creating big luscious buns with. Here's a link:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100745&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod378253

BTW Supergirl, you were my inspiration for bun making. In your fotki you mentioned using scrunchies as a base when creating buns and I found it really does work at creating a nice stable bun. :yep:

Yep, the scrunchie helps to fullen (made up word!) the bun. I do give my bun a rest from the scrunchie every once in a while and just pin it. I think if I used the scrunchie everyday, I might begin to stress that area of my hair.

So... okay those are mini-scrunchies. Hee hee, snicker, snicker says the PJ--I have some of those! I was picturing something else, I guess. Yes, those are very cool! Is Walgreen's not the perfect place for hair accessories?? :yep:

Lauren450 & Sylver=NTM Healing Serum
Crssweetie (sp) and Isis =invest in more mesh rollers
Allandra= Aubrey Organics Conditioners
PreciousJewel76= Source of Life vitamins
Miss Fallon= MN mix
Mija=my ingredients that I use in my butter and oil mixes

MSM most of you guys...lol

Last edited:
I'm a pj but still not easily persuaded but Navsegda almost forced me to go out and buy the CHI Silk Infusion. $40 and an iron out later, I am truly happy!

B_Phlyy said:
KhandiB got me hooked on Kemi Oyl. Love it to death.

And even though it ended up being a miss for me, Crlsweetie's raves of Motions Moisture Plus would probably have anybody going to get it.

Priestess also got me to go get some Proclaim Aloe and Shea butter conditioner, even though I haven't used it yet.

How did I forget this one. She had me putting on my coat running out the door! giggles. j/k (I waited until my lunch break to run out.) Thanks Priestess

Supergirl said:
Yep, the scrunchie helps to fullen (made up word!) the bun. I do give my bun a rest from the scrunchie every once in a while and just pin it. I think if I used the scrunchie everyday, I might begin to stress that area of my hair.

So... okay those are mini-scrunchies. Hee hee, snicker, snicker says the PJ--I have some of those! I was picturing something else, I guess. Yes, those are very cool! Is Walgreen's not the perfect place for hair accessories?? :yep:

You are so right Supergirl. I only use the scrunchie on occaision to create a full side bun. When I do my classic ballet type of bun I do it sans scrunchie, just with hair pins.

Glad that you have 'em tho. Us pjs always have to keep are eyes peeled just in case there is something new. :lol: I loooove me some Walgreens. :grin:

Letitia said:
How did I forget this one. She had me putting on my coat running out the door! giggles. j/k (I waited until my lunch break to run out.) Thanks Priestess

You are too much Tee, you and those "giggles" are so cute! :lol:

In the beginning, EVERYONE had me buying EVERYTHING :lol:! But as far as getting specific and having the most influence on me, Macherieamour MADE me go get the ENTIRE KeraCare line (and ORS Hair Mayo)! It was pricey but worth it!

Honorable mentions were the Bigen and NTM Silk Touch junkies!

Back