Who has convinced you to buy what?

Talipoohz_Momma said:
In the beginning, EVERYONE had me buying EVERYTHING :lol:! But as far as getting specific and having the most influence on me, Macherieamour MADE me go get the ENTIRE KeraCare line (and ORS Hair Mayo)! It was pricey but worth it!

Honorable mentions were the Bigen and NTM Silk Touch junkies!
So did you decide to stick w/Keracare cuz I remember you were looking for a replacement, or was that just for Humecto?

TSU Princess-Flexi-rods
CRLSweetie--Mesh rollers, Motions Moisture Plus Con and Lacio Lacio :love:
BeautifulWideeyes--Silicon Mix :love: and Miss Key 10 en 1 (I just ordered it so I haven't tried it yet but I have a very strong feeling that I'm gonna love this as much as my Silicon Mix)

Last edited:
Let's see:

SerenityBreeze: Caruso Steam setters
Babygurl: dominican Conditioners and rinses
Sylver2: NTM Silk Touch Leave-in
Sareca: Henna treatments
Mess Jettsetter: Sedal Hydraloe
Southerngirl: Vitale Life & Body Relaxer System and Mane & Tail poo and Cond.
Wvixxen: Amla oil (which led to my love for indian oils period)
Everybody as far as Vits. go.
I can't remember who put me on to Ego Boost and Jojoba oil.

Glad I could help you ladies with the Thick N Shine gel! Still a staple for me today for my slicked back styles :)

Let me think::scratchch

All Ya'll- Phyto, vits, roller-sets, MN mix

Isis- NTM Leave-in

JLove- Henna

Dlewis- Hemp Condish

Navs- Silk Amino Acids, & the fantastic CHI Silk Infusion

I thank you all for the wonderful info!!:woot: :clap: :notworthy :clapping:

Ya'll are AWESOME!!!!!!!!:yay:

Babygurl - helped me to find my now beloved V05 Tea Therapy - through her use of Strawberries and Cream..now that was fine..but...if I didn't try that, I wouldn't have found my new beloved:p ; Priestess using it as well, clinched it for me. Also, Proclaim's Aloe Vera and Shea Butter Conditioner, wouldn't have been spurred to try that out if it wasn't for her. I think I will be give Henna/Cassia a try soon now that she's given it a try :kiss:

I will be giving Garnier Long & Strong a testing because of Priestess.

Southerngirl - brought me back to MNT Conditioner and other MNT products :kiss:

Supergirl - Duo Tex

Kinikakes - reimplementing ORS products into the mix, seems to be working.

LondonDiva - Breakthru Shampoo - I finally found my poo. Thank you.

ETA: And a big shout out to crlsweetie912KhandiB for getting the Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner party started! :D (crlsweetie912, I had to back track and give acknowledgement! thank you!)

Shout out to Vixxen for always being there to let me try out things even if I don't regularly use them now, at least I got to try them and I appreciate it so much! :kiss:

I already was an NTM (Conditioner, Serum, Leave In) and White Rain Tropical Coconut user before I came to the board:p

Last edited:
Divine Inspiration - Paul Mitchell The Detangler and SPECTRUM Organic Coconut Oil
Dontspeakdefeat - TIGI BED HEAD Ego Boost Split End Mender/Leave in Conditioner
Southerngirl - Straight Arrow's Original Formula Mane n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner
Sylver2 - Rusk Smoother Leave-in Conditioner and NTM Silk Touch Leave in Cream
Bree - KENRA Moisturizing Shampoo and KENRA Moisturizing Conditioner

SimplyCee& CCD-Lacio Lacio
Dee-Rusk Smoother
BabyGurl & Army-Maxiglide
Southerngirl-Doing Bantu knots

I was already on to NTM when I came:-)

Sylver - NTM Moisture
Southerngirl - Mane N Tail Conditoner as a leave in
Vixxen - Alma Oil
Ekomba - Praital Sillk Worm Rinse
And many more because I'm a true PJ

Priestess said:
What a cool thread! Here are my past and present inspirations: :D

Sylver2: NTM everything and Rusk Smoother
Mona Lisa: White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner
Navsegda: CHI Infusion, Motions Nourish spray, Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
Macherieamour: Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment
Miracle: Kids Organics Gro Strong
Babygurl: Mini-scrunchies
Divine Inspiration: Paul Mitchell The Detangler

:lol: ..I think it's just me, you and Mestiza using it now...yet...it's getting harder and harder for me to find of late. Glad you likey :grin:

sylver2 said:
SimplyCee& CCD-Lacio Lacio
Dee-Rusk Smoother
BabyGurl & Army-Maxiglide
Southerngirl-Doing Bantu knots

I was already on to NTM when I came:-)

How did those Bantu knots work out?

Glamourous said:
How did those Bantu knots work out?

Maan they saved my hair. I threw away my curling iron years ago. I do bantu knots all the time. Gives me my waves and curls.

sylver2 said:
Maan they saved my hair. I threw away my curling iron years ago. I do bantu knots all the time. Gives me my waves and curls.

I've always wondered about them..I'll be trying them next week! O shoot now I have to go edit my previous post....:lol:

MonaLisa said:
:lol: ..I think it's just me, you and Mestiza using it now...yet...it's getting harder and harder for me to find of late. Glad you likey :grin:
Priestess said:
What a cool thread! Here are my past and present inspirations: :D

Sylver2: NTM everything and Rusk Smoother
Mona Lisa: White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner
Navsegda: CHI Infusion, Motions Nourish spray, Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
Macherieamour: Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment
Miracle: Kids Organics Gro Strong
Babygurl: Mini-scrunchies
Divine Inspiration: Paul Mitchell The Detangler

I was just about to post that my girl, Mo is the reason why I use and
17.gif
White Rain Coconut Conditioner. Thanks, again! :kiss: I'm glad that Priestess is enjoying it, as well! :grin:

Isis = kelp and nettle tea

Sistaslick= Cream of nature Shampoo

Countless people= MTG and WGO, GNC ultranourish, Lekair shea butter

Random people and things I have tried= Kids organic Shea butter lotion, Hello Hydration, Extra Lyscio, Noodle head,beyond the zone heat protectant.

I was sold on getting chi silk infusion after reading Navsegda's thread and I purchased it from Trade Secrets in the mall... My next thing to buy is suave milk and honey conditioner<---this product has been mentioned on numerous occasions... therefore I must see what it's about:lol:

Most of what I use and swear by has been discussed on this board. I remember that Dlewis recommended Hemp Hydrating conditioner, and Allandra raved about the Qhemet line. Oh yea, deep conditioning on dry hair I can thank Machiereamour!! But I also have used MTG, coconut oil, WGO, and other items because of countless positive reviews. I really don't know what I would have used without the help from here. :look:

Priestess said:
You are so right Supergirl. I only use the scrunchie on occaision to create a full side bun. When I do my classic ballet type of bun I do it sans scrunchie, just with hair pins.

Glad that you have 'em tho. Us pjs always have to keep are eyes peeled just in case there is something new. :lol: I loooove me some Walgreens. :grin:

How do do you use the scrunchi to do that?

Supergirl, Mizani Rose H20 Intense Night Time Treatment
Sylver, NTM Silk Touch
Pokahontas - BTZ Noodlehead, and many other things too :D
Naturallady - Odorless MTG

Ekomba - Praitel Silk WormYeah, baby:grin:

Macheri- Humetco
Preciousjewel,Kinikakes,Rootdeep- Falls
Navs- Chi silk infusion that's still on back order :mad:
Balisi- Redken All soft
Crlsweetie , Honeydew - Motions Moisture plus
January Noir- Sidtree butter
Kitchentian- Noodlehead
BlackBarbie- a relaxer with color
So1913 -BBD strech cream

MonaLisa said:

Yeah, the three of us are in the White Rain Tropical Coconut club, it's like a secret society. :lol: I love that conditioner, there is no comparison between it and the Suave or VO5 cheapies. White Rain TC is like a tall glass of a yummy, thick coconut milkshake. Pure yum. :lick:

Back