Which Product(s) Were RAVED About On LHCF, But Just Didn't Work For You?

Cream of Nature shampoo. Tried the green and red kind and both left my hair stripped and hard.

Nexxus Therappe shampoo. Worked at first then turned on me. Tried to give it another chance and failed again.

miracle said:
~CO-Washes
~NTM Products
~Suave & V05--(Basically all "cheapie" shampoos & conditioners)

Haha, you must be my hair sister, lol.
The ntm is too heavy for me. It weighs my hair down. The "cheapie" shampoos & conditioners make my hair look like straw.

Denman Brush - this did NOT glide through my new growth.... I could see and feel little hairs popping and snapping... :(

Cheap conditioners - No matter what I mix them with, or how I use them, they don't do a thing for me

Mane and Tail - nothing special for me

HoneyDew said:
I can't remember if I posted this yet or not, but that dang ORS Olive Oil relaxer cannot get my hair straight.

SO many people love it, but my hair hated it. It did not do anything bad or give damage, it just doesn't straighten my hair.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the ORS Olive Oil relaxer!! I was texturized...:lol:

Letitia said:
Say it isnt so. What did you use by Oyin??? I love the one product in my siggy below. I have more on the way and plan to order a few more. Curious to what you used??

I saw someone said their hair didnt agree with Carol's Daughter. Falling out my chair. lol My hair loves that too.

the whipped pudding was ok, a little too heavy and not enough moisture, i used it on wet an hair dry

the shine and define serum, i really hated this, it made my hair hard and stiff

greg's juice was just ok

B_Phlyy said:
Cream of Nature shampoo. Tried the green and red kind and both left my hair stripped and hard.

Nexxus Therappe shampoo. Worked at first then turned on me. Tried to give it another chance and failed again.[/quote]

Therappe did the same thing for me!

Elasta QP Mango butter made my hair stick together. Maybe if I'd tried it on dry hair it would have been different. Too bad, because I liked the texture and I loved the smell.

Keracare Humecto: hair felt coated

ORS Mayonaise: soft at first, hard hair after a few hours

Nexxus Humectress: soft at first, hard hair after a few hours

Mango Butter: Sticky hair

Nexxus anything

Surge (brittle dry hair) - does anybody use this anymore? It used to be such a huge hit on this board.

Curl activator on my roots - I discovered that just making sure my roots were well conditioned was enough for me - even while stretching.

I would also love to add...

ors replenishing pak---my hair was hard after rinsing
silk elements moisturizing treatment---omg the smell annoyed the hell-o outta me, why couldnt they use the same scent that the rest of their stuff has, also it made my hair hard to comb through after I applied it.

MizaniMami said:
This is liquid wax. I DO NOT like this stuff. I still have some left and I would use it, only when I am baggie-ing

ntm serum, great ingredients, mediocre results

S-Curl left a gummy film on my hair. Surge left my hair super hard.

I'm still a newbie but so far:
  • Flaxseed oil - made me sick
  • Cheapie Generic Humectress - caused some breakage
  • Silk Elements Moisturizing Shampoo - I'm trying to stick with it but I can feel my hair getting tangled as I'm working a lather.

shunta said:
I mostly agree with the opinions here:

Nexxus humectress- hated it! It didnt do a darn thing to my hair

Suave milk and honey for pre-poos- hated it. My hair was shedding something aweful so I just threw the Suave in the trash where it belongs!

Neutrogena TM hair mask- was alright but its full of silicones.

Keracare shampoo- not that great and they have terrible harsh ingredients! Including the humecto that has all the mineral oil.

Im just gonna stick with my beloved Elucense line, I love the way it makes my hair feel, especially the Elucense MB conditioner. BTW, I think I have 4a/b hair type.

:eek: WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE THESE?! I've scanned them and their quite good...sodium laurl sulf is better than ammonium...and is found in most poos...and mineral oil isn't bad! just some peoples hair dont like it..i find mineral oil to be the best thing for ma hair...guess everyones different 4 real :) juss stickin up for my KC

NTM-- I just used it again last night and still didn't like the way it made my hair feel, which was sort of hard and tangled and my hair never tangles.

Candy_C said:
:eek: WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE THESE?! I've scanned them and their quite good...sodium laurl sulf is better than ammonium...and is found in most poos...and mineral oil isn't bad! just some peoples hair dont like it..i find mineral oil to be the best thing for ma hair...guess everyones different 4 real :) juss stickin up for my KC
I thought that the sulfates were drying to my hair and I thought mineral oil was a no-no?:confused:

Phyto Defrizant- did nothing for me and my daughter

Surge- gave me a big crusty rash

But mostly, i love LHCF tips!!!!:D

wash and go gave me a horrible, painful Ear infection its been 7 days and the pain is still strong enough to stun me into silence.
Mango Butter - love the smell, made my hair hard
Surge 14 - Did nothing
Woojee Cream it is great if you have length and you are wearing a pony but for short hair nope and it stinks and made my hair flaky.
Neo AF. Still on the fence I think it works but it just made me look like I had snow in my hair it was that bad. mixed with other stuff. Ugh. Hair type 3a-3b

Aveda products (and the hype is????)
Oyin
Asha
Whoever said that Jamaican Lime oil made their hair feel like straw, I feel ya!!

1. KERACARE (the majority of their products)
2. NTM Shampoo & Conditioner (I still like the Silk Touch and Serum though)
3. Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner
4. ORS Olive Oil and Carrot Oil (jar)
5. Giovanni Direct Leave-in
6. Elasta QP Mango Butter

1. Luster’s Pink Oil Lotion – left my hair hard as an iceberg.
2. Wanakee Verifen Detangler – not enough slip. My stylist hates it even though I used it for ten years.
3. Hollywood Beauty Mink Oil Pomade–just too thick to blend oils in. It has cocoa butter in it.
4. Murray’s Carrot Oil pomade–to thick to blend oils in.
5. Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Shampoo – worked fine for the first three washes, but didn’t work afterwards. I had to use it for the first wash only—not enough slip in it according to my stylist. I even added oil, and it just didn’t work.
6. Elasta QP mango butter—it was nice and silky when I first used it. I was really impressed, and the smell is "heavenly!" The following morning I was so shocked that my ends were so dry--bone dry. I said to myself: "What happened to my ends?!" I decided to pour some olive oil in it--which made it better--but I won't be replacing it. Also, it will "mold" if it sits for a while . . . so it's best to put it in the freezer if you don't use it often--like me.
7. Mayonnaise conditioner— I’ll add more conditioners to it such as Motions Moisture Plus, Mane & Tail (doctored up) and Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner. Now I’ll add Silk Elements Mega Silk Conditioner to make it thick because it’s too runny.
8. Nexxus Therappe--did nothing for my hair according to my stylist. I decided to use it to clean my combs and it left a film on them.
9. Gueye Leave in Treatment or Detangler--too grimy

Last edited:
Back