Which Product(s) Were RAVED About On LHCF, But Just Didn't Work For You?

wantlonghealthyhair said:
sorry to hear about the MSM, What happened?what brand?

I WISH I knew what happened. I even tried to 'stick it out' to wait for my skin to clear up, but it look disastrous & I had to stop. My nose looked like HUGE balls were erupting from the surface. I never get pimples on my nose. I was so depressed. Then the pimples STILL kept coming after I stopped. It's just now subsiding. *Thank God* But the pimples that came are still here. :( They aren't clearing up qucikly at all :nono: I drank a lot of water too.

I bought the Natural Balance one with Lignusil (sp?) MSM. I started at 1/4 of teaspoon and later moved to 1 full tsp. I still have the tub left so I may give it another try, but I'm very scared.

On the other hand, I did notice slightly softer new growth. So my hair was softer and my face was uglier. :ohwell:

SCURL!! That stuff is wack wack wack. my hair was disgusting after using this NEVER AGAIN

MNT - was excellent when my hair was shorter and weaker, but its so strong that the new improved strength lasts forever after 3 months of use! i've thrown it away - but ever since we had an affair my hair has been as good as gold!

CW - in jamaica - yes - in my home country - hell no

profectiv breakfree - that was rubbish i had white hair and fluff using this! healthy ends is much better

Rusk leave-in conditioner. It wasn't bad, but I don't think my hair agrees with leave-in conditioners of any kind. I also didn't like Neutrogena silk touch (I'm not sure I got the name right). My hair is lighter and looks better with fewer products.

Affirm relaxer--didn't relax my hair at all.
Miss key 10 en1--did nothing for me.
Nexxus humectress--willing to give it another chance. Maybe I bought a fake.
NTM silk touch & serum--still on the fence. It leaves a waxy coating on my hair
but I don't hate it.

secretdiamond said:
MSM for beautiful skin :swearing: My face is still recovering :( I look soooo ugly now. :(

OT, but, if you don't mind me asking, what happened that was so bad? How long did you use it?

Candy_C said:
SCURL!! That stuff is wack wack wack. my hair was disgusting after using this NEVER AGAIN

This is liquid wax. I DO NOT like this stuff. I still have some left and I would use it, only when I am baggie-ing

ntm serum, great ingredients, mediocre results

Nexxus Humectress - doesn't moisturize a thing
Nexxus Headress - the new formula is horrible
Fantasia IC gel spakelites - made my hair crunchy
Praital Silk Worm Rinse - didn't detangle a thing

The ORS-Pak. I was a believer at first but a few weeks ago I lost a lot of hair after my comb out.

Tried it again this weekend, and still a lot of hair loss. I checked and they have the bulbs on the end, so I don't get it.

It made my hair feel waxy and coated. I clarified and went back to my faithful Motions and the barely lost any hair after comb out.

What happened exactly I don't know, Motions was working fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Products that didn't work for me:
Everything by Suave - my hair felt hard afterwards
Elasta qp mango butter - made my hair stiff and hard
S-curl - didn't moisturize at all
Infusium 23 - left my hair feeling dry

MzTami said:
Please list product(s) and hair type.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Elasta QP Mango Butter

Hair Type 3c/4a?

aussie 3 minute miracle
scurl
molasses, they worked but they got EVERYWHERE! I had to go back in the bathroom and scrub the walls.

~some products work best when used in combinations with other products~

i loved giovanni direct once i started the curly girl routine.
i wanna try the spray leave in, but i think i'm gonna go back to Blue Magic and give up all these magic potions.
mango butter was good to me once i learned how to use it on my hair, but i dont think it is moisturizing. just smells good and leaves my hair soft. overall it's just a waste of money.

Like most of the ladies ...
Anything NeXXus, therappe. Botainoil shampoo. Humectress. All of that stuff left my hair stiff and hard - and it's nots cheap? Forget it.

Elasta QP Mango Butter - a lot of ladies swore by this, so I tried it. It left my hair feeling gummy, sticky and hard. It simply coated my hair instead of being absorbed.

Fantasia IC products - my hair simply doesn't absorb that mess.

Something that I swear by that no one seems to use: Abba Nourishing (Skin and Hair moisturizer). I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. Great as a post wash leave in for the days I wanna rock a curly style or on dry hair as a moisturizer. Love it. :)

...but my hair loves Elasta QP's Oil Moisturizing COnditioner. Mixing this with Jojoba Oil... :)

I will take all the Nexuss Humectress. My hair love it. lol Really is true not everything works for everyone.

QP Mango Butter...I will take that too. I use on my edges. Works like Gel with leving my hair all hard.

I just hated I wasted my money on.....................Salerm 21 Leave in

MSM doesnt bother my skin at all. How much of it are you taking??

Letitia said:
I will take all the Nexuss Humectress. My hair love it. lol Really is true not everything works for everyone.

QP Mango Butter...I will take that too. I use on my edges. Works like Gel with leving my hair all hard.

I just hated I wasted my money on.....................Salerm 21 Leave in

MSM doesnt bother my skin at all. How much of it are you taking??

Hey Letitia,

If you like, I will be happy to send my Mango Butter to you, it's good to know someone benefits from using it;)

THANK YOU! I thought i was the only one...
MissFallon said:
NTM (the whole line:ohwell:), I'm neutral with the serum its not great but it didnt mess my hair up like the rest of the products.

BBD - Glass. Left my hair crunchy and I used it with a leave in. Also the smell was annoying.

MNT it made my scalp itch badly I'm allergic to sulfa drugs so I may not be able to use it topically either, & I can't get past the smell.
Neosporin AF also made my scalp a little itchy like something was crawling around in it.
Mango butter made my hair hard.

chocolatesis said:
I just had to agree with Britt--your hair is georgeous MissJetsetter!!! So nice, thick and black.

I also wanted to add CW's--made my hair feel dry and filmy.:ohwell:

Thank you very much, Chocolatesis! (Love that screename, BTW:) )

hmmm activator really didnt do too hot. It moisturizes great but I can't use it for too long without that glycerin/slimy feel on my hair.

Mane and Tail. It's a wonderful bargain price-wise, but I didn't see any growth or thickness changes.

The Nexxus Line and Jason's Thick Hair are wonderful! My hair is very silky and healthy.

"Shimmie..." ;)

Lacio Lacio
Giovanni Direct leave in
Fantasia IC straightening serum
Nexxus headdress

None of these worked for me not even when my hair was freshly relaxed.

Back