Which online dating site was the most effective for you?

StarScream35

Which online dating site was the most effective for you and why?

Which online dating site was the least effective for you and why?

State your age range:

18-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79

POF is mad ratchet. Then I saw two people I knew up there who were creepers IRL and deleted my page with a quickness.

Met two guys on OKC, one was a major douche but let me play with horsies so it wasn't too bad. Haven't heard from him lately and don't really care.

The other was annoying but cool as a friend, which was mainly what I needed. Then he asked me when we were gonna have secks and I just stopped talking to him. :look:

I'm 18-29. Still have my page but don't go there much. I'd rather meet someone offline but it's not bad to look.

Found a good amount of dates on both sites I've used. I live in a small college town, so not sure how to interpret my success.

Met my SO on OKC.

I'm between 18-29

Did Match and found dates so can't knock it. Obviously didn't work out, but can't blame that on the site.

Which online dating site was the most effective for you and why? OKCupid, POF free sites don't mean a lesser quality of man.
Met my current SO on POF
Met my ex-SO on POF
Had lots of dates from OKCupid

eHarmony-the matches they assigned me were always old, white, and not my type

State your age range:

18-29
answers are bolded

18-29...that's quite a gap!

I liked OKC best and I like the set up. Many guys on there do come off as pretentious and there are lots of hipsters, but still better than the others I tried. POF was straight up ratchet like someone else said. 90% of guys who messaged me had a profile pic of them posing in front of 12 cars. :lol:

^ exactly! One guy on pof messaged me calling me 'bae' and I didn't reply. So every day afterwards he sent me messages calling me ugly and manly and then finally blocked me (I never messaged him once).

I haven't really explored that many online sites although I was signed up for many. I only went to OK cupid and POF. And although people see POF as the bottom of the barrel I found my diamond in that rough.

Which online dating site was the most effective for you and why? OKCupid, I met my bf 1 week after I joined. :grin:

Which online dating site was the least effective for you and why? POF. It seemed like the bootycall website. Completely ratchet.

State your age range:

18-29

Answers bolded.

Any 30 or 40 something years old out there?
Yes @StarScream35. I'm 39.

Match--a waste of my time and money. met one guy and he was awful. most men just wanted to talk online.

OK Cupid--met a few dudes off there. nothing came of them but it was a step up from my match experience.

I know a few 40-50s who met their spouses on E-harmony.

Yes @StarScream35. I'm 39.

Match--a waste of my time and money. met one guy and he was awful. most men just wanted to talk online.

OK Cupid--met a few dudes off there. nothing came of them but it was a step up from my match experience.

I know a few 40-50s who met their spouses on E-harmony.

At the bolded, I just don't understand it. I've experienced this myself. It's weird!

I'm 30-39.
Had decent luck on POF and Match back in the day.
E-Harmony was the least effective. Not enough matches and the matches they did send were way too old.

Ended up meeting FH out in the real world but I would recommend online dating to anyone. I also was going to try speed dating next if I hadn't met him.

40-49. Met my SO on POF. Yep it's ratchet but you just have to ignore it and not entertain it. I had a stalker. I had to block quite a few fools. I've been on them all. E-harmony, OKcupid, Match, Black People Meet, and one more I can't remember the name of. I went on dates with men from OKcupid, Black People Meet, and POF. You have to be patient. Took me about 10 months of & on POF to find my SO.

I met my current bf on OKC. He msg me the same day I was going to delete my account. We talked online for less than a week before we met and a week after meeting he asked me to be his queen. Its been 4mos now and I still enjoy getting to know him daily. My love for him grows each day as I'm sure his does for me, so yea I would say it's successful.
I want to add that he's the only man I ever met online, I had some great conversation with other men but none of them spark my interest enough to meet.
OKC was the only site I used and my page was active for 31 days.
I'm in the 25-30 group.

18-29.
I met my fiance on OkCupid by accident.
A few years ago I was on lhcf and someone posted something about okcupid and when I went on I thought it was a quiz site where you can share results and meet friends based on results....:perplexed My dumb self had no idea it was a dating site.
I answered soooo many of those questions.
Smh.
I should've known by the name of it. :lol:
He sent me a lame message and the lameness of it made it funny and it just went from there.

Met mine on OKCupid. We are 90 days strong, now.

We talked about the fact that we would've never had the opportunity to find each other if not for going online. There's no way I would've found him and vice versa.

You never know when/where you can find someone.

Which online dating site was the most effective for you and why?

State your age range:

18-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79

Plenty of Fish was most effective for me. Even though I never made the first move, the search engine was easy to use to find various guys. I went on a lot of dates last summer. I met my boyfriend through POF and we've been together for 8 months.

OK Cupid was least effective. I didn't like the layout and searches were limited. I didn't get a lot of contacts either.

Black People Meet was the WORST.

30-39

I'm in the 18-29 age group.

Although I never met anyone IRL, this was my experience with Match as well. Also there were a lot of sexual deviants and anti-interracial daters so I wasted my $ on that one.

Once I hit a few health/fitness and skincare goals, I plan to rejoin OKCupid in 2014. (I was previously unsuccessful after a 6 month stint on there in 2011, but I remembered them having quality men on there.) I might join E-harmony too. I previously did one of their 3 month trials in 2010 but was unsuccessful.

At the bolded, I just don't understand it. I've experienced this myself. It's weird!

I think a good portion of them are already in relationships and/or married.

Plenty of Fish was most effective for me. Even though I never made the first move, the search engine was easy to use to find various guys. I went on a lot of dates last summer. I met my boyfriend through POF and we've been together for 8 months.

OK Cupid was least effective. I didn't like the layout and searches were limited. I didn't get a lot of contacts either.

Black People Meet was the WORST.

30-39

My boyfriend found me by using search engine of his interests and it was in my profile :yep:.

okc, 20-29. i was definitely not looking for anything serious but i found it.:lol:

i met some pretty cool doods on okc. i definitely recommend it to the younger, progressive crowd. dont know if older women would have much luck.

Back