Where to meet decent men in NYC

peacensoul

A friend an I were talking and though this is such a big city we came up blank as to where to meet decent men..

ANy ideas ladies

umm....the L train depending on the time and day

you were probably expecting a serious response but I'm as stumped as you are:ohwell:

Ummm, lounges that cater to Black folx... there is a new spot up in Harlem called body... There is singles night at the Harlem Lanes bowling alley, plus I think there are lounges now on 125th street...

There is perks in bk for after work spots....

The gym... Although gotta be careful there... Lol...

It is football season, so really ANY place with "beverages" and a big screen TV...

Umm, thats all I can muster to come up with for now...

If you travel to Brooklyn try BAM, Brooklyn Museum first saturdays.

I'm still single but there are always a plethora of menfolk there.

umm....the L train depending on the time and day :lachen::lachen:

you were probably expecting a serious response but I'm as stumped as you are:ohwell:

I think you should be in the first car going to Manhattan for that to happen!

I would say a poetry lounge because people are a little more serious, they are there to express their passion, and are not really looking for a booty call, I mean it can still happen, but less likely.

I would say a sports club, or a basketball game, but those men are way too into the game to even care about talking to you, plus women try that all the time! :ohwell:

Parties and after-work mixers held by JI group or Three Kings. They cater to the young black professional (Business Card carrying) crowd.

Recently, they've also been having Obama fundraisers.

Last edited:
I am on their mailing list, but have never frequented an event... i may hae to look into the upcoming functions...

Parties and after-work mixers held by JI group or Three Kings. They cater to the young black professional (Business Card carrying) crowd.

Thanks
I just joined both of their mailing lists. I have been disenchanted with the NYC social scene lately, I will check out what they have going on.

Back