When you first joined, who was your inspiration?

I had so many, but I'm going to say------JenniferMD!!!!

I lurked for awhile before joining, and her fotki was one of the few that I could view without a password! (most passwords were located in the profiles)..

Her starting pic with the thin, damaged ends while wearing that blue bra was SUCH an inspiration!! Her comparison pics are like non other!! BEAUTIFUL hair!! :yep:

My first inspirations were Iris, Peachtree and FlowerHair. Pokahontas became an inspiration, too. :) Now there are many more. DSylla and DLewis come immediately to mind.

There were quite a few but the first ones that came to mind were

• Jennifer MD - check out her fotki her transformation was nothing short of amazing. My expression was like this :blush: when viewing her before and after photos.
  • Model Chick (changed her screen name),
  • BabyGirl
  • RedHotAtlanta, and
  • Chicoro - anyone who's seen her photos would likely have her on their list
The interesting thing is besides Chicoro none of the other ladies were natural at the time, however being natural was my goal. My newest inspiration is CurlyNikki :grin: www.curlynikki.com

When i first joined Supergirl, Zanna, Hairlove, SherryLove, Pokahontas, Adrienne0914, Chicoro, Irresistible were my inspirations

i have many more now too. i had never seen so many Black women with hair like the women here. i had long hair as a child but it was damaged when i moved back to Germany because of the hard water and my mom didn't know how to care for my hair type. so i thought you just had to be born with it or have "good hair" for your hair to grow past a certain length.

but now i know better. good hair is healthy hair, no matter what the length. and anybody can have long healthy hair if they are willing to work for it.

Last edited:
It was a fotki I always stalked, UMBlessedbeauty1, but on LHCF, she's MahoganyButtafly. She was natural and had similar texture to me and easy style ideas, so I was a faithful fotki stalker till her account was closed :-(

Now I'm a faithful Lauren450 fan, she's too fierce asides from hair. Hands down.

Really, just about everyone in my friends list-Tiffers you are one too!! Especially RhapsadyBlu sp?. I saw what the growth aids did to her hair and I was like OMG...WOW! That's what really made me order some too.

Of course there are others too but I can't name them all...

Kinikakes. I used to stalk her album on the regular. :giggle:

I have so many relaxed and natural head inspirations now. There are some beautiful heads of hair on this forum. :yep:

Chicoro was my first inspiration. By the time I joined this site, almost 2 years later cuz I was too cheap to pay the fee LOL my inspiration was all the featured members of the month.

Adrienne0914( I think that is the number in her username)
Southerngirl
Mochamadness
Meinzzfuture
Audrachanell
Cleo( I think she is no longer a member here though)

Last edited:
Back