what was the first haircare board you joined??????

BHSGO...

smile.gif

This is the first board that I've ever joined. I stumbled across it by accident. I was searching for styling tips, I forget. Initially I was surprised that such a forum could successfully exist. Then, I was captured by the sincere sisterhood that I've experienced here.

I don't have a great success story to share, but a scissor-happy stylist with short hair chopped my hair to above shoulder length. It grew back within a year to its current below bra strap length.

I never thought about growing waist length hair, but after seeing your glossy waist length hair, Sherrylove, I'm considering it.

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first board that I've ever joined. I stumbled across it by accident. I was searching for styling tips, I forget. Initially I was surprised that such a forum could successfully exist. Then, I was captured by the sincere sisterhood that I've experienced here.

I don't have a great success story to share, but a scissor-happy stylist with short hair chopped my hair to above shoulder length. It grew back within a year to its current below bra strap length.

I never thought about growing waist length hair, but after seeing your glossy waist length hair, Sherrylove, I'm considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

GO FOR IT, LALA!!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I joined relaxed hair care back in March and it was on there that I found out about this one...now this is the only one that I frequent.

The first board I joined was something like goingblonde.net which inspired me to bleach my hair (and then dye is black and then rebleach and then redye black....
poke.gif
)... first mistake. Then I joined NC.com and then nappturality.com which inspired me to chop off all my relaxed hair instead of transitioning... second mistake. (Not blaming these boards... its just that I am easily caught up in others' excitement and don't really think things out). Then I joined various long hair boards until I found this one which I love!
smile.gif
Lastly I now frequent two thermal reconditioning boards lovely loons and beauty walk... these inspired me to TR which I also love!
clap.gif
So currently the loons site and this one are the ones I still have to check every day.... Oh and now I force myself to write in a hair journal everyday before I do anything else drastic to my hair -Ashley
antlers.gif

Oh good post Sherry!
wave.gif

The first haircare board I joined was relaxedhaircare back in October of '02. I'm also a member of General Relaxed Haircare, Black haircare and body, and Black Hair Care Talk (I think this one was named Beautiful Black Hair Care before) I stumbled upon this site by accident one day while searching for the longhairlover's site. It was the only site I knew of where the majority of women had long hair although, small section of African American women. I kept typing in the wrong address so I went to the Google search engine, typed in long hair care sites (or something like that) and when Long Haircare Forum popped up I clicked on it and was surprised!
shocked.gif
that it's primarily for women of color! Beautiful black women with such pretty and long hair! (like yourself Sherry) I was truly inspired! So glad I joined. Since I've joined this one I hardly ever visit the other sites I belong to. And...I haven't been back to visit that longhaircarelover's site since.

The first board I joined was nappy something or the other, I left since it was very hostile and militant against creamy crack. I then joined about 6 yahoo hair groups, I am done to 3 now. I started lurking on longhairlovers.com and found the multicultural board. Then it broke off into this group. I lurked here for a while reading posts from the beginning before joining.

The first one I joined was Growingbeautifulblackhair.com over on yahoo. I can't remember when. Then, I joined BHGSO. That's how I found this site. To make a long story short this is the ONLY site I come to now. I love this site.

Relaxed hair care about 2 yrs ago...fell off the bandwagon after about 3 weeks or so. I cut, colored and everything else to my hair.

Well back in Apri I found General Relaxed hair care (something like that), then a couple of weeks later I found this one. This is my all time favorite board
smile.gif

Yes I was using the long hair lovers multicultural board as well in feb 2001, then it became private we were very desapointed I remember:), so we moved to the original longhaircareforum . which progressively turned to this format, the best.

I am also on this board more than any other board. There's a wealth of knowledge here, but I must admit some of the information I share I learned from previous boards.....

joined naturallycurly.com and the precursor to this board. I joined nappturality later when it was established and i still lurk on all three.

i have nothing but love for them all.

[ QUOTE ]
joined naturallycurly.com and the precursor to this board. I joined nappturality later when it was established and i still lurk on all three.

i have nothing but love for them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I still lurk on naturallycurly myself.... Canuck, are you natural??????

I believe the first two I joined was Black Haircare.Com and Hairboutique in 1999 followed by BHSGO and Longhaircarelovers.com

I think this board is the most active............When you post, the response time is very quick. I like that....

Relaxed Haircare

Then here, I've been here ever since.

I think they are mostly redundant (topic wise), so I don't belong to any others, I have'nt been to relaxed one since november

[ QUOTE ]
Relaxed Haircare

Then here, I've been here ever since.

I think they are mostly redundant (topic wise), so I don't belong to any others, I have'nt been to relaxed one since november

[/ QUOTE ]

the topics can get redundant, travelling from board to board, MindyMouse......

But I find that before I came to this board and was a daily fixure at relaxed hair I was able to get my questions answered at a much quicker rate... but it seems that everybody has come here and left all the newbies in the lurch over there.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But I find that before I came to this board and was a daily fixure at relaxed hair I was able to get my questions answered at a much quicker rate... but it seems that everybody has come here and left all the newbies in the lurch over there.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know,,,Caramel.... I want to invite them, but i do not want to offend the moderator.......

www.ezboard.com. I go here and then I search "Relaxed Hair". The first link should be the relaxed hair link. I give a lot of props to the ladies over there because they definately got me to taking better care of my hair
notworthy.gif
. Without them, I'd still have shedding, broken hairs, split ends, dry ends... and the list goes on and on.
trampoline.gif

Back