Who Was Your First Hair Idol?

McElweeWife - I haven't seen her since "07/"08

From TV - Reagan Gomez from The Parent Hood. Her hair was always long and styled.

image-1455745427.jpg

Last edited:
Wanakee first brown woman I ever saw with non weave long hair

My own mother and her stylist, who was my Godmother. Both of these women were natural. Why did I ever relax my hair?....I digress...

Some chic in an Optimum relaxer ad who had hair long enough to cover her face....still my favorite "selfie" pose now that my hair is long enough to cover my whole face. ;)

Ms Kibbi back in the day on Crown and Glory method website

Reniece - taught me all I know about weaves as a protective style. My first real life hair idol.

McElwee Wife - her hair seemed true to life for me.

Cathy Howse - loved her detailed method back in the day when no one else offered advice on "care" for our hair.

I have had many since. But these women were my first inspirations

Last edited:
Bronzeg - Youtuber/BHM, now LHCF member

Sylver2 - Youtube/LHCF member

Macherieamour - Youtuber/LHCF member/healthy textures

Honestly I never paid much attention to other Ladies hair....that is until I watched an episode of The Game and saw Tae Heckard's hair. It reminded me of what my hair used to look like when it was hip length and natural. I was like yeah...I need to get that back in my life.

My older cousin always had long beautiful hair. But she was beautiful too. Recently I saw her and wondered if she was wearing weave. I wouldn't be able to tell, but I just can't see someone with long hair like that wearing it down all the time. Also, due to my miraculous change (thanks to this board) she and her mother weave checked ME when they saw me. So that made me suspicious.

Regardless,
She has always been my hair, beauty and body model (well not body anymore.)

Back