When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is a 'happy thread' for everyone...;)

How does your husband, S/O, boyfriend express his feelings of love and affection for you?

What are the small everyday things that makes you feel special and 'singled out as his sweetheart'?

AND if not, what are the things you wish he would do or not do?

What makes you happy? What makes you sad? (no one here is allowed to get mad...okay?) ;)

A beautiful example that I will always treasure:

Lady D's (dlewis) husband went after the deer who hit her car...He was protecting his 'baby', his wife. ;) He 'pillow talks' and he notices and loves her beautiful hair. ;) He calls her on his way home; she keeps his juice in the freezer.

(Sorry for calling you out, Lady D, but your marriage posts truly inspire me; I am a hopeless romantic :yep:).

I wish all of you, Happy Blessings and a life full of love and joy with your husbands/Special Other/Boyfriends. ;) Amen...

To the men we love with all of our hearts... :rosebud:

Last edited:
Hey Shimmie :) I get inspired by Dlewis's marriage too! They're soo cute

My bf shows he loves me alot by:

-Saying I'm sorry first :lol:
-Attending my dad's funeral with me and being there when I cry
-Sending flowers to me and not just on commercial holidays
-Coming over to my place and making dinner (that's not toast :lol: )
-Supporting me twice when I was out of work
-Sending my mom money when she needed it and I couldn't provide it :(
-Buying fantasia ic gel even though he says it has "sparkles" in it... :p

cupcake said:
Hey Shimmie :) I get inspired by Dlewis's marriage too! They're soo cute

My bf shows he loves me alot by:

-Saying I'm sorry first :lol:
-Attending my dad's funeral with me and being there when I cry
-Sending flowers to me and not just on commercial holidays
-Coming over to my place and making dinner (that's not toast :lol: )
-Supporting me twice when I was out of work
-Sending my mom money when she needed it and I couldn't provide it :(
-Buying fantasia ic gel even though he says it has "sparkles" in it... :p

Thank your for sharing this Cupcake.

You know what I'm trying to do? Taking time to speak positives about our men again; no matter what color; it's the love that's more important.

So here goes my reply about yor boyfriend. :lol:

Awwwwww... :cry: He's a sweetheart. :rosebud: I wish you more and more love and happiness with each other...;)

Wow ladies, never thought about my marraige being anything to anyone else. My husband is truely wonderful. Most recently he co-signed for my travel trailer (that I hauled home yesturday, all by myself) and when certain people asked why I needed it he said "This has been one of her dreams since she was a child and if I can do anything to make it come come, that's my responsibility as a husband to provide that". :cry: Brought me to tears, even though that's the same thing I tolds him earlier in the week.:lol:

My ex used to order flowers for me and have them delivered to my class. I used to be soo flattered and embarrased at the same time but I loved it.

My boyfriend now will make me breakfast in bed on the days when I am really dreading class. It usually gets me up and going so I don't miss class.

My husband is very affectionate even though I'm not
He takes good care of us
He helps me to function on a daily basis
He motivates me with all the love and support he shows
He does homework with the kids to makes my life easier
Sometimes he turns down the comforter when he goes to bed first
He compliments me everytime I cook if the foods good, which is
several times a weeks
He always says "thank you for this meal"
He always tells me what a blessing I am to him and that he can't
imagine what life would be like without me in it and I think he means it
He would turn against anyone that says anything bad about me, even if
it's true
I remember he told his family early in our marriage that if anyone
did anything to come between us he would see them dead

Awwwww....

My SO is extremely thoughtful:

-Takes my car to the gas station, so I dont have to (I hate to pump gas)

-Washes my clothes (That b/c he claims "I dont put the detergent in correctly and the clothes dont get clean)

-Send me texts, vm and pictures throughout the day

-If I mention casually that I like something (within reason), it suddenly appears!

-Supports my hair addiction...financially and emotionally!

-On the weekends I have to work, he will come down for my thirty minute lunch and order my food at at neighboring restaurant. When I arrive, my food is already there and I eat (quickly) so we can eat dinner/lunch together.

-Knows I cant stand Applebee's and doesnt try to make me go! (He loves Applebee's)

dlewis said:
My husband is very affectionate even though I'm not
He takes good care of us
He helps me to function on a daily basis
He motivates me with all the love and support he shows
He does homework with the kids to makes my life easier
Sometimes he turns down the comforter when he goes to bed first
He compliments me everytime I cook if the foods good, which is
several times a weeks
He always says "thank you for this meal"
He always tells me what a blessing I am to him and that he can't
imagine what life would be like without me in it and I think he means it
He would turn against anyone that says anything bad about me, even if
it's true
I remember he told his family early in our marriage that if anyone
did anything to come between us he would see them dead

Awwwwww :cry: see, this is what I'm talking about. The 'little things'. Lady D, he turns down the quilt for you. :cry: Your marriage has always been an inspiration to me. :yep: It's not perfect, but yet it is...your husband is a real sweetheart. :up:

I love what he said to his family. A man that takes a 'stand' for his woman...he puts you first...forsaking all others and choosing you. He puts you 'out there'...you are first. Even to the deer that hit your car.....:lol:

smitge said:
Awwwww....

My SO is extremely thoughtful:

-Takes my car to the gas station, so I dont have to (I hate to pump gas)

-Washes my clothes (That b/c he claims "I dont put the detergent in correctly and the clothes dont get clean)

-Send me texts, vm and pictures throughout the day

-If I mention casually that I like something (within reason), it suddenly appears!

-Supports my hair addiction...financially and emotionally!

-On the weekends I have to work, he will come down for my thirty minute lunch and order my food at at neighboring restaurant. When I arrive, my food is already there and I eat (quickly) so we can eat dinner/lunch together.

-Knows I cant stand Applebee's and doesnt try to make me go! (He loves Applebee's)

Awwwww, :cry: He texts you during the day... :cry: He orders your lunch; He washes your clothes... :cry:

I'm loving this thread. Because you see, we do have GOOD men. Those few 'jugheads' on the other forum DO NOT represent all men. I knew we have some good ones...I knew it.

Keep it coming. I love these stories. :love:

gymfreak336 said:
My ex used to order flowers for me and have them delivered to my class. I used to be soo flattered and embarrased at the same time but I loved it.

My boyfriend now will make me breakfast in bed on the days when I am really dreading class. It usually gets me up and going so I don't miss class.

:cry3: gymfreak...he's so sweet to do that for you...breakfast in bed to get you going.

the flowers were nice too from the other bf... :cry3:

Shimmie said:
Awwwww, :cry: He texts you during the day... :cry: He orders your lunch; He washes your clothes... :cry:

I'm loving this thread. Because you see, we do have GOOD men. Those few 'jugheads' on the other forum DO NOT represent all men. I knew we have some good ones...I knew it.

Keep it coming. I love these stories. :love:

People always seam to focus on the negative when it comes to BLACK MEN, always dogging them. While some deserve to talked about, most are good men wanting, trying to do, and doing the right thing.

dlewis said:
He told me recently that I have high expectations. I told him that if I didn't I never would have found him.

He been smiling since.:lol:

Oooooooooooooooo, tha's just so beautiful to say to him.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love it.... :cry:

Now I'm adding this to my baby's list with his cup of juice in the freezer. :up: :yep:

dlewis said:
People always seam to focus on the negative when it comes to BLACK MEN, always dogging them. While some deserve to talked about, most are good men wanting, trying to do, and doing the right thing.

AMEN :clap: Lady D. Amen! :yep: That's my focus here. Like you said, MOST are good men wanting and trying to do and are doing the right thing. And they really do want to do right by us and LOVE us...even when they are work-a-holics or in a tight spot.

Those few 'chicken heads' are not the rule and the law for all of our Black men. :nono: Yay! :yay: for the ones who are...

I have a wonderful man. I absolutely adore him. My mom and dad love him. He flew to Cincinnati (while I was at work) to set up my mother's computer and service. He is a natural leader, personable, hands on. I praise God everyday for him. He told me he does the same for me...

Before I met him, I prayed that God would send someone that would be everything I prayed for. I moved to Atlanta and found him a week after I had been here, despite everyone feeding negativity to me regarding the men in Atlanta. There are some things that, if I had not been led by God, I would have casted him off, but I listened to Him and I am reaping the benefits!

Whooo! God is good!

Last edited:
:cry2: :cry2:
This whole thread has me crying. I am such a sap. I have never been loved like this. But I know it's possible!
Thanks Ladies.

smitge said:
I have a wonderful man. I absolutely adore him. My mom and dad love him. He flew to Cincinnati (while I was at work) to set up my mother's computer and service. He is a natural leader, personable, hands on. I praise God everyday for him. He told me he does the same for me...

Before I met him, I prayed that God would send someone that would be everything I prayed for. I moved to Atlanta and found him after I had been here, despite everyone feeding negativity to me regarding the man in Atlanta. There are some things that, if I had not been led by God, I would have casted him off, but I listened to Him and I am reaping the benefits!

Whooo! God is good!

amen to that.................some people want to do their thing and then ask G-d to bless their mess, but you did right, ask Him to lead you in every aspect of your life.

crlsweetie912 said:
This whole thread has me crying. I am such a sap. I have never been loved like this. But I know it's possible!
Thanks Ladies.

He'll come, and when he does................Watch out.

smitge said:

Before I met him, I prayed that God would send someone that would be everything I prayed for. I moved to Atlanta and found him a week after I had been here, despite everyone feeding negativity to me regarding the men in Atlanta. There are some things that, if I had not been led by God, I would have casted him off, but I listened to Him and I am reaping the benefits!

Whooo! God is good!

Amen Angel... Praise God! I praise God right along with you. And I wish you things that money can't buy...Philipians 2:2.

God bless both of you, eternally. ;).

thank you dlewis.......

well i have a few now, that i thought about

1)sometimes he calls me in the morning,just to say good morning.. if we get cut off, he'll call again and say "i love you"

2) He respects my family and tries to get to know them better

3) He is intuitive when it comes to my feelings and thoughts (he's a cancer), so he always knows what to do....

4) When I'm crying and such....he'll comfort me, and call me "baby" the whole time ( I don't know about you, but when he says "baby" to me....awwww it sounds so good and sexy to me......damn.....)

5) He's comfortable around me and says anything on his mind, he tolerates with my *****yness sometimes...

crlsweetie912 said:
Thanks Ladies.
"Sweetie" for you...

"He that shall come will come and shall not tarry..."

Amen. I agree for your love to be soon and not a day late.

With all of my heart, this blessings I impart unto you... In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

:rosebud:

Shimmie said:
Amen Angel... Praise God! I praise God right along with you. And I wish you things that money can't buy...Philipians 2:2.

God bless both of you, eternally. ;).

You got me jumpin in here! and I am at work! :lachen:

Nessa said:
thank you dlewis.......

well i have a few now, that i thought about

1)sometimes he calls me in the morning,just to say good morning.. if we get cut off, he'll call again and say "i love you"

2) He respects my family and tries to get to know them better

3) He is intuitive when it comes to my feelings and thoughts (he's a cancer), so he always knows what to do....

4) When I'm crying and such....he'll comfort me, and call me "baby" the whole time ( I don't know about you, but when he says "baby" to me....awwww it sounds so good and sexy to me......damn.....)

5) He's comfortable around me and says anything on his mind, he tolerates with my *****yness sometimes...

Your whole post... :yep: :yep: :yep:

:cry:

:yep: :yep: :yep:

Can the person show that he "loves" you, but then at other times show the he kind of hates you? :look:

I love my hubby so much. Some of the things he does for me:

Every morning before he leaves for work he says Good Morning beautiful, I love you and will talk to you soon.

Calls me throughout the day just to say "Hi" and let me know he loves me.

Gets our youngest in and out of the bath when I am tired by the end of the day.

Sends/brings me flowers just because. :)

Tells me I am the best Mom/Wife in the world.

Always tells me he believes in me, no matter what, he believes I can do it and he is the best encourager.

Buys me Dove/Godiva chocolates. :lol: (I love the stuff, but I am trying to work on my body)

He does so much more, but I'll stop here. ;)

My dh is a chef, and anytime they serve one of my favorite foods at work, he tells his staff to set some aside for his wife. He's been doing it so long, they all know what I like now and they just do it automatically. I love seeing him walk through the door with a plate full of tiramisu with my name written across the foil. :D

The other day, he came home from work and I was exhausted from dealing with the kids, so he told me to take a nap. When I was asleep, he packed the kids up and left so that I could have the house to myself.

I love that he doesn't complain when the house is messy or when I don't look my best when he gets home. I know he doesn't expect me to be superwoman, and that makes me feel so secure. That even makes me WANT to be superwoman for him because I appreciate his acceptance of me.

I love that I catch him staring at me, and he doesn't even try to look away.

I love that he sends me little emails during the day.

My favorite thing that he does would have to be ironing my clothes. I SUCK at ironing, and he knows it lol. When we're going out, he'll ask me what I'm wearing and then get it and iron it without me even asking.:grin:

smitge said:

Whooo! God is good!

Your SO sounds really sweet. And yes, there are some great men in Atlanta!:D

Back