Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
My ultimate goal is APL, MAYBE BSL. I feel like those two lengths are long, but not long enough to make it difficult for me to maintain.

My ultimate goal is bsl. I've had long waist length hair when I permed my hair when I was younger, and it was ahand full then, so I can't imagine what it would be like now that I'm natural.

Right now my goal is APL because I am closer to it than BSL. I suspect that once I reach APL then my goal will change automatically to BSL. I don't care for my hair to be longer than mid back length. I just don't like anything too much in excess!

would love to have shoulder length i think i could work with that:lol: :lol: :) i would love that and for it to be healty and strong and the same lenght all over:grin: :grin: :D

the longest i want is waistlength. but ideally, i'll keep it about 6 in above waistlength. i just love the line that's created on the body when hair hangs there. also my hair has never been that long in my life and i'd love to have a head full of long swangin', natural hair -- this is stretched in twists of course. my natural hair doesn't hang:lol:

My goal length right now is BSL but if I can get to Midback that would be great too. Being 5'2, I think that it would look cute on me :grin: .

My modest goal is healthy, thick mid-back... But I wouldn't mind getting to waist length just to see if I can...

It would be more of a test for *me*, because I really do have a hard time focusing on ANY long-term goal, and doing all the things it takes to see it through.

For the short-term, APL and I know I'll be there by June. For the long term, BSL but I want to maintain at APL for awhile and then aim for BSL in 2008. BSL is the longest I want to go.

Waistlength. I'm tall for a girl (5'9) so waistlength hair on me would truly be something to look at because it would be a whole lot of hair!! Also since I like wearing curly styles more than pin straight styles, my hair would probably be BSL while curly which I think is a very attractive look.:yep:

I chose BSL because I don't want to have to maintain more than that length but I'm thinking Midback won't be so bad. Since I'm natural having shrinkage will be great for me because I can wear my hair straight and it will be bra strap but once it's curly I can wear really cute ponytails.

I would say APL or BSL because my hair has never been that long, I'd love to see what this thick hair would look like that length, and because I think there are just so many styles you can rock with longer hair. And of course, not mention, the classic ponytail for when you don't feel like doing anything to it! :D

Last edited:
My Goal is Shoulder Length or maybe even mid back. I just want that nice short look, I dont want something long to the extreme just short.

Right now my goal is shoulder length because my hair has never been that long. My mom did a wrap on me once when I was about 9 and it was really close to my shoulders and it looked so great. I loved how it looked, I was in the mirror touching it all day. And then my hair broke off bad after that and my mom tried to grow it but it just wasn't cooperating. My friend introduced me to this forum a while back but I'd lost the link. I cut my hair (shaved the back, chopped the sides up) back in July. The pic in my siggy is from then. I had truly given up. I loved how I looked with the short cut, but I had cut it to start growing again. It's grown back a lot since then, but I'm hoping for shoulder length by June next year. I'm just hoping I can keep up/develop my regimen when I get to college. I'll be a freshmen at Howard this fall. Wish me luck ladies!

The goal that I am really set on is BSL. That will make me really happy and satisfied. If my hair growth continues and I do reach midback and waiste, then I consider those bonus gains. I absolutely refuse to aim for or try to reach any length below waiste length, I'll keep cutting my hair every couple of months if I reach waiste length and my hair tries to grow past that.

Once upon a time I said my goal length was Waist Length........... but now its BLUNT Tail Bone Length. The reason? Just to see if I can! :lol:

My goal length is BSL :) I had to start over so, this time I hope to have healthy looking ends in the process.

i was just fed up of how majority of black actors or people have short hair, always wearing weave, and every other race has long beautiful hair. I just wanted to experience the same satisfaction on having long hair. Ladies we have to admit that having long hair being a black female is rare and/or unique. I look back sometimes a yr from important dates (like my graduationd date) and remember the length of my was the same as it is now. I want someone to describe me as...."She short w/ long hair"

Anything past shoulder length for me. I really would love to see my hair get past BSL but I dont want to get my hopes up. This is the healthiest my hair has ever been so I am just happy with that.

I voted BSL because I think it's hot. Then when my hair is down, I can flip my hair back behind my shoulder when I walk by for all those haters:grin:.Also because my boyfriend loves long hair. I don't really like anything past bsl because it takes away from people really noticeing "YOU".In my opinion since the hair is sooo long it becomes a distraction, and all people are captivated by is the hair.Plus it just looks like your drowning in long hippiness:barf: . I want people to notice me first not my hair.

WillyGWifey said:
i was just fed up of how majority of black actors or people have short hair, always wearing weave, and every other race has long beautiful hair. I just wanted to experience the same satisfaction on having long hair. Ladies we have to admit that having long hair being a black female is rare and/or unique. I look back sometimes a yr from important dates (like my graduationd date) and remember the length of my was the same as it is now. I want someone to describe me as...."She short w/ long hair"

The truth is though, white celebrities wear just as much extentions as black celebs. If you noticed a lot of white celebs have flat damaged hair without their extentions. Don't worry you will get there. Soetimes it's just as hard for celebs if not harder because of their scheduales.:)

I've just begun my hair growing journey and still have a long, long, looonnnng way to go. I would, ultimately, like to have waist length hair because I think it is beautiful and sensual. But I want more than waist length - I want even, straight, thick, healthy waist length hair - nothing else will do. I want to wear a long braid or two when I work in my garden. I want to wear my hair in a bun for work and then come home and take it down for my honey. I want to curl it in long spirals for going out for special occasions.

I have a plan to reach this goal. right now, I am at about chin length and wish to be very healthy should length by the end of this year. The following year, I WILL reach a very healthy bra strap length, and the following will be waist length. After that, we'll see.

I have the plan and the will, now I just have to wait for the time to pass while I work on it.

For right now it's full APL.
I really try to concentrate on this length since it seems to take forever for me to get there.

I want Waist Length natural hair--all sides, even, thick and healthy. For several reasons,
1. I had long hair in childhood so I want to get back to my natural texture and the long length.Also, challenge myself to keep it healthy and on my head.
2. I have a personal goal to wear my hair down in mid-back, loose spiral curls (waist length but due to shrinkage of curls it would fall to a nice mid-back). I think this style is so lovely.
3. Men love long hair!!! what can I say, . . .
4. Be an example/inspiration to other ladies, African-Americans can achieve, maintain, and retain long, healthy, gorgeous hair.
5. And as Kinikakes said, "Just to see if I can" grow it as long as possible. It is taking great patience but I am progressing nicely. It will be well worth the sacrifice. I'm excited to see the results in December 2007:weird: !!!

hottestdiva19 said:
I voted BSL because I think it's hot. Then when my hair is down, I can flip my hair back behind my shoulder when I walk by for all those haters:grin:.Also because my boyfriend loves long hair. I don't really like anything past bsl because it takes away from people really noticeing "YOU".In my opinion since the hair is sooo long it becomes a distraction, and all people are captivated by is the hair.Plus it just looks like your drowning in long hippiness:barf: . I want people to notice me first not my hair.

Bre is my hair inspiration as well I LOVE her hair. During that season of Top Model my mom called me and said I bet if you let your hair grow you would look just like her lol.

Back