Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
MBL..bc my head is soo big I think its needs to be there to look long (or like it grew in the first place)

I chose BSL b/c it is long enough to get a pony or bun but short enough to not age me. I find long hair on older women makes them look old.

My goal keeps changing as I get closer to my main goal. So I will say MidBack for me. When this was first posted, I voted BSL. I dont know how long I will it get. I just dont want to have too much hair.

I think my goal length is APL or BSL. I'm not entirely certain I can handle more hair than that. Tht could all change though. I try not to think about it all that often. My main goal is to keep my hair healthy and growing steadily.

I pick between MB and BSL. B/C I've been between APL & BSL but havent let my hair grow any longer, after awhile I always cut it. But I'm gonna try to stay steadfast and see how long it will grow. I also want it alittle thicker just alittle. My hairs never one length either I love layers.:D

I set my goals in stages. I am already shoulder length. I want my overall length to be APL. If and when I get there, I would be perfectly happy.:)

ravenmerlita said:
I chose mid-back because that was the length when I was younger. Also -- a sentimental reason -- longer hair reminds me of my mother's hair.

That's so sweet!

I'd love to have midback length, but for now, my goal is BSL.

My goal length is bra strap so that I can achieve alot of styles that I desire without the use of any added hair. I want it to be thicker and my ends to continue to get healthier.

I don't know how long this process is going to take but, this is indeed the goal I am working on now.

aren't BSL and mid back the same length? my goal is BSL because i think it's sexy (and there is NOTHING wrong with being sexy in your 30s;) ...or 40s, or 50s etc.) and so that i can - as my 5-year-old daughter would say - swing it like beyonce!

I want waist length hair. I was almost there, but I didn't take good care of my ends and had to get a semi-major trim.

redRiot said:
Also, the ladies here who have always had long hair might have more experience with the extreme maintenance longer lengths require.

Long hair isn't always more work. I have always had long hair. It is mid-back now. I cut my hair to my shoulders 10 years ago because I wanted a change. My hair looked great, but it wasn't any less work because it's the same amount of hair. I'm not talking about length, just about the number of hairs on your head. Shorter hair didn't change my routine. I still washed/conditioned the same, blowdried the same, flatironed the same number of hairs and wrapped it every night. The only difference was when I would see someone with long hair and miss my own length. That's the only reason I wear it long now is because I know if I cut it short, I would only grow it out again.

My ultimate goal is waistlength stretched. I am transitioning right now and right now my first goal is healthy stretched APL. I know that waistlength isn't coming tomorrow but I am patient.

Having long hair is me....whether I buy it or its mine. I love healthy long thick hair and I have had it once and now I am going back there.

My goal is BSL because my hair has never been past between-the-shoulder length. I have many LHCF BSL inspirations and I want to rock BSL for my wedding in October 2007! Yeah baby!:yay:

Right now my goal is shoulder length but I ultimately would like BSL or Midback. I may stop sooner than that if the length is hard to maintain on my natural hair

Midback b/c at it's healthiest and before perms/relaxers, I had bra-strap length hair. Since I know I can achieve ThAT length, I want to see what midback is about

For me personally, I have never had hair that was squarely at my shoulders, maybe one or two strands:lol: so I would love to just make it to SL length, but have it be full, and healthy. After that, everything else will be an added bonus. I don't think I would want to go past AL though, b/c that would require so much more energy than I think I am willing to invest right now

i chose waistlength, but ultimately i want think full hair...so i will probably cut it to BSL or MBL once it gets to my waist...plus, i most definitely do not want it to pass my waist

Last edited:
naturallylovely said:
i chose waistlength, but ultimately i want think full hair...so i will probably cut it to BSL or MBL once it gets to my waist...plus, i most definitely do not want it to pass my waist

Me, too. I want to prove to myself that i can achieve waistlength. But eventually i will cut it to BSL/MBL.

I chose midback--my hair's never been past my collarbone, except when I was in kindergarten...but if I were to reach APL, and it never grew another inch, I'd be okay w/it :) Shoot, if I can get to full SL, I'd be estatic, :lol:

ETA: I want midback b/c everytime I've had braids that long, I'd get many compliments; I think the length would suit me; if it didn't, I'd prolly trim to APL or BSL and keep it there.

Last edited:
Well, I know that I can grow hair at least a couple of inches past shoulder, so it's just a matter of seeing if I can get to BSL. I wouldn't mind it growing longer, but not too long. My hair is too fine to be too much longer than that because I'm afraid it'll start looking see through. Ultimately, if I can grow it thicker, even if I never reach BSL and only reach APL, I'll be pleased. I'm only asking the Father God for healthy APL at least. But if He'll bless me with healthy BSL, then all the better. (PLEASE LORD??!!)

At this point, I really don't know. Before, I had just wanted hair to reach mid back and in about 2" it will be there. Now that I understand my hair and its habits, I want to keep up my regimen and just let it grow. I guess I feel challenged and am challenging myself to see how much it'll actually grow! I can't imagine my hair reaching my waist, but I'm not going to prohibit it if it wants to ever get there :lol:

At first my goal was APL..but after being on the board I see that APL is a good length but not as long as I want....I am aiming for BSL (stretched) because I will have a little more versatility

I'd like my hair to be midback length, just because no special reason. I do think I would like bottom bsl best...as far as maintaing it goes. Clear as mud? LOL!

My goal is bra strap length, because:
  1. When I've had weaves and microbraids that length, I felt like the look really suited me.
  2. I want to prove to myself I can have my own hair grow to that length.
  3. I think that I can do a lot more styles that I feel look good on me with hair that length.
To be honest, if I can acheive BSL, I will probably try to get to midback, just for the sake of trying, and then eventually cut it back to BSL if I did make it to midback. And I'll be happy even with APL. :)

My goal is not really about length I can be happy with the lenght I have now or shorter, my goal is healthy, even ( I hate layers) thick hair.

Back