Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
I chose BSL. My hair really long when I was younger before I started messing with it myself. I just like longer hair. But I'll be happy if I get can thick, healthy APL hair. I'm almost there, so anything more than that is icing on the cake.

BSL- My hair has never been this length. I've always kept it around shoulder length. I did let it get to APL once, but I cut it ( was extremely scissor-happy at one time). So I know I can get to BSL, then maybe midback.

I picked APL, because over the past few years I have tried and tried to grow my hair to this length. But now I have the knowledge and the patiences to do it.

I chose tailbone because one night in prayer God spoke into my heart that He would grow my hair to His glory, and I saw a vision of myself with beautiful tail bone length hair. Since that night, my hair has been growing like a weed even despite several weeks of neglect due to an illness. For me...tailbone length hair is divinely ordained.

Chayil

Thick, juicy shoulder length twists (all around --- including my hairline) ! This is my ideal length because I would be able to pull them back, wear an awesome twistout, or make a gorgeous updo!

chayil0427 said:
I chose tailbone because one night in prayer God spoke into my heart that He would grow my hair to His glory, and I saw a vision of myself with beautiful tail bone length hair. Since that night, my hair has been growing like a weed even despite several weeks of neglect due to an illness. For me...tailbone length hair is divinely ordained.

Chayil

Wow, that's beautiful. That certainly resonates with the scripture I have in my siggy. :yep:

May all your hair dreams become reality, Chayil. :)

I chose waist or tailbone length (Voted Tailbone). Uuh. My reason. I'm very big on fairy tales, anime and such. I also do a lot of character designs, and these characters are always some part of me...I give all of the ones that are me long hair, because its what I think is beautiful. I want to be the living versions of all my characters. Of course, I'll have normal colored hair, not blue...lol. Though I would love blue hair, if it wouldn't damage it.

I chose mid back length because I think it's sexy ;) I think once my hair reaches that length I'll start getting it pressed.

I started out on this forum wanting bra strap length hair, but now I think a little past shoulder might be better for me. I am in the process of losing 10 lbs. and start body building again this length would look great and work well with my workout schedule

i want to go to waist length....then thats it.I'm close to waist length and its already starting to be a hastle to wash and blow out myself.

I commented on this thread some time ago........ and I dont even remember what I said! But today I feel that waist length would be perfect for me!

I guess as I reach each goal (APL then BSL) it seems more and more attainable. And that is so exciting! I never, EVER thought it would be possible to grow my hair like this.

I love long hair, and I want to go as long as I can without looking crazy (ie, dragging on the floor). :lol:

When I first began my hair journey, my original goal was mid-back. Within the recent months I've gotten greedy and would really love to grow waistlength hair.

nelli711 said:
I'm going for waist length because I love long hair and I think it will look good on me. Thats all.

I feel the same way. Short hair doesn't look as good on me as long hair. I've tried both and I love the feeling of long hair hanging on my back.

Asha97 said:
Bra strap to mid back length is my goal. I already have the thickness, now I want the length. I've been good this summer (no major cuts). If I can make it through the next three months I'll be is good shape!

Okay, I performed no cuts this summer ( a first for me, LOL) and I've made it to armpit and I like what I see, so I'm going for mid back length.

I want waist length hair bc I have never been able to get it to that level since I was a little girl and got it cut, relaxed, blow dry fried, too much harsh products like gel and mousse. Want to better my hair so I wont mess up my babys hair. She is 14 mths and her hair is just like mine. CURLY:perplexed

soul_sista said:
I picked armpit level because the longest my hair has been is shoulder length. I want to gain more length but Im only 5'1 so it would look crazy if I had really long hair.

My thoughts exactly, I'm only 5'0" and I think APL is good for me, plus I think I can care for that length on my own without having to go to the salon

My short-term goal is shoulder-length but I would love it if I eventually reached mid-back, so that's what I voted for. My hair has never been past shoulder length before and I would just like to see how my hair will look when it's longer than that. I've seen pics many ladies here with mid-back and I just love it!!!!

I picked mid-back because that lenght will look best on me. Plus I'm armpit now and my hair has never grown past shoulder lenght. This will be a big acomplishment.

I chose Midback as well, only because i never thought that it was possible. My hair has never grown past APL and to reach brastrap would be amazing. so Midback is just a goal for myself just see if i can do it

When I was younger I wore braids all the time and for one whole year straight. I remember it grew about 5 inches in a year and it was about 1.5 inches away from APL. I loved that length, it was so thick a it moved nicely but now I want so see If I can make it to a full APL. I think that length is just right and it looks really nice.

goldensensation said:
Eh, I changed my goal. I think I want just above waist.
Me too... I now want to go for brastrap since my hair stays in buns most of the time anyway. I want to be able to do more versatile buns so I need alot of length.

I might have answered already,:lol: but I want BSL. I think that's a long enough length to say it's long. Anything after that? Well, we'll see what happens;)

Waist length and longer---however long it will grow. I wouldn't let it grow below my backside though, so tailbone would probably be it. Why? Because it was nearly waist length when I cut it to transition, so I think waist is possible. I also like styling long hair. For me, it's easier to wash and put long hair in up dos. For me, it would be hard to style short hair style since I like to wear my hair up all the time.

My goal is BSL stretched but if I even get to APL stretched that would be a big deal since my hair has never gotten that long.

I think I posted here already but wanted to add, I want BSL-WSL curly hair including shrinkage, that should be between wsl-tailbone straight I think, and if my hair wants to grow to longer then bring it, I'll take all the length that comes w/ :)

Attachments

• thalia3.jpg
    thalia3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Alana_davis002-vi.jpg
    Alana_davis002-vi.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 8
  • danielle1.jpg
    danielle1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I picked APL because I feel that is the length where you can be very versatile with your hair; wearing it up or down. I also think that it will be easier to maintain than longer than that. However, my hair has never been past my shoulders so I can't speak from experience...once I hit APL, maybe I'll want more!:p

Back