Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
I voted bsl but after taking a good look in the mirror, I think I just want APL in the back. I'm petite and anything longer might be too much on me.

My present goal is APL because I feel that longer hair will be easy to manage when I don't want to add heat to my hair. I can moisturize it , airdry and put in a ponytail with no problems. :)

I think anything pass shoulder length with natural hair in its shrunken state is great. With my shrinkage, that is probably BSL when straight. This will more than likely take a decade to happen.

Since my hair is at brastrap currently, I guess I'm on the hunt for waistlength, just as a matter of interest. Waistlength would be cool, because even with textlaxed, airdried hair minus heat styling and a little shrinkage, one's hair would still look long, which is really appealing to me. :grin:

I am salivating over BSL hair. The longest my hair has ever been is shoulder length but I have worn enough braids/weaves to know how long hair looks on me. Really short or really long is the ticket. Anything shorter than shoulder length but longer than a twa doesn't flatter me as much.

I would lovveee to hit a thick bra strap length. The longest my hair has gotten in the past few years has been APL.

My ultimate goal is mid back...i'm just always so afraid that I'm going to have some disaster, watch my ends thin out, and have to start all over again :(

somewhere between shoulder and APL would be perfect for me. i never had long hair. and i want to prove to others and myself that my "bad hair" can grow. anything longer than APL would be too long.

miss Congeniality said:
I think anything pass shoulder length with natural hair in its shrunken state is great. With my shrinkage, that is probably BSL when straight. This will more than likely take a decade to happen.

Cosigning with you...my shrinkage is ridiculous so I will know once my natural hair dries to shoulder length and stays there (without the gang of styling products it takes to make it stay there now, lol) I am where I want to be!! :)

...hoping this doesnt take a decade though.... :ohwell:

I reached my goal (tailbone) and I don't want it any longer like I used to, anymore. So I keep on trimming it when it gets longer. I just trimmed it back to 36 inches,
Zanna

OneInAMillion said:
Wherever I land between bra-strap and mid-back. I'll stop working on this after that :lol: . The main reason is that I love to rock curly styles, so I want them to fall a little below APL when curly.

Cosigning what she said...:D

I'm only 5 1" so bsl, midback, and waist-length are all only about an inch away from each other LOL!

So what the heck...I choose waist length! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bra strap to mid back length is my goal. I already have the thickness, now I want the length. I've been good this summer (no major cuts). If I can make it through the next three months I'll be is good shape!

Brastrap but I think I"ll be happy with armpit! Why because I think it will look great on me and it's some styles I want to try!

Hi Asha97
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1563011", true);

Your hair is absolutely beautiful.
I trust and pray my hair will one day look as good or close to yours.

:)
p.s
I voted bra strap - for many personal reasons -mostly to blow all those myths about "black hair" out of the water.

Last edited:
Asha97 your hair is Beautiful! I can't wait until I am there.

My hair goal is Shoulder Length after shrinkage, I have major shrinkage with certain hair products.

Asha97 said:
Bra strap to mid back length is my goal. I already have the thickness, now I want the length. I've been good this summer (no major cuts). If I can make it through the next three months I'll be is good shape!

Asha your curlytail looks fabulous, shine, thickness, length whatever your doing, spill it we need to know. :lol:

Hi. My goal is armpit lenght because I had shoulderlenght hair in high school and after a bad salon cut and self abuse (not knowing what I was doing) I haven't seen my hair grow past my chin lenght in 3 years. I know if I had left it alone and took better care it would grown down to armpit lenght and I would be happy just to see it get there.:)

i've changed my goal to tailbone! reason being,the further i put my goals the quicker i get to my prevous goal...

*LOL*

In the moth since I've first replied, I've changed my mind. Forget midback length, I want tailbone length hair. I've begun to notice that really, it's not the mass of my hair that is a headache, it's the last inch or two. And - I don't think that my hair growing out is going to affect that inch or two - if anything, it'll make it EASIER to detangle, because I'll be able to SEE what I'm working on.
My hair has been growing like gangbusters (despite my every two week or so trim to get rid of the doubleprocessed ends) so, I'm looking forward to seeing how long it gets!

My only goal is probably an inch past where it is and all one length, with blunt ends. Rollersetting is getting to be tough as it is...I can't imagine trying to rollerset waist length hair.

Back