Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
I would love to get to mid-back length. Still, I won't be greedy. Armpit is probably more attainable/realistic and I would personally be happy with anything longer than shoulder length which has been the max thus far. I prefer a longer length because I like the versatility in style and I'm always buying half wigs and braiding hair thats long because it's a preference of mine.

I want WL cause I don't think I've ever been there...the reason I say think is because i didn't care about these things when I was in elementary and some part of middle school.

I actually just want to grow my hair to at least where I can sit on it just to see how long it can get. So, once it get there I will cut it to the top of my butt.

My short term goal is APL because I've been there before and loved the way it looked. But my ultimate goal is somewhere between BSL and MBL. Why? Because I think it's beautiful, sexy, and super flattering. If I reach it I WILL NEVER CUT MY HAIR AGAIN!!

is hip-length the same as tail-bone or classic?

hip-length is what I want b/c it reminds me of a mermaid LOL

and I want my hair to cover my boobs when I wear it down

For my age (over 40) and height (5'10, slender build) , I choose BSL. In fact, BSL and mid-back are the same thing for me. Long hair can look great on most women my age, but I 'm not trying to look 25. Anything longer than mid-back would be too much at this point.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to be length driven right now, I can't be. My goal right now is to have healthy natural hair. So, it means for me trimming (slowly) the heat straightened ends so that I can rock natural styles by the end of the year :)

Utlimate goal is MBL straightened.

BSL/MBL is my goal. They are one in the sam on me. I wear my hair in it's natural state most of the time so this length will actually be SL to me.

BSL....I used to be relaxed mid back in grade school and just had to have a S curl--- So my locks got fried!!:burning: Then I was BSL in college and I loved it...so many endless hairstyles and not as hard to manage as midback.

Last edited:
My goal length is BSL, a length i've never seen before. I don't want to go any longer because 1) i'm only 5'1" so I don't want my hair to overwhelm my body and 2) any longer and it'd probably be too much for me to handle. Another reason I want to be BSL is because at my currently length i'm too self concious to wear my natural hair out in public because shrinkage makes it so short (about NL last time i checked) I figure at BSL my hair should be at least SL and i'll be able to wear my natural texture out !

I don't have a goal so much as I have a "Don't want hair shorter than". I want to make it to at least WL. WL and longer hair is something you just don't see everyday. It's gorgeous.

I'd love to make it to classic length because I told my friend that I want to be length twins with her. The only difference is my hair will have shrinkage, which I will be very happy about.

i chose BSL because i think i look best with that length of hair. I like that when i wear it down, it's obviously long, and when i put it in a ponytail, it still looks long. when i do a roller set and keep the curls for the next day, my hair will look like APL, and that's what I like for myself.

I am at APL now which is fine, but i would never go shorter than that, ever.

I'm mbl right now (haven't done a length check in three months though so I may be longer) but my goal length is tailbone. It was originally waist length but now it's revised. I don't think I'll revise because at my 5'5 height I think longer would be too much. Also if tailbone looks to overwhelming I'll chop it back to waist length when I get there.

Also I want full tailbone so it may take time as I want to cut out layers and be blunt.

Bra strap.

Because I feel like that will be the perfect length for me with my height (5'6). I want it to be able to go over the front of my shoulders.

I can't waitttt till that day

Waist length because I've never done it and I want to prove to myself that I can. I will probably cut back to MBL, but I want plenty of pics with my WL hair.

I personally want my hair to be waist length. The longest my hair has ever been was APL, but hopefully I can get to waist length reaching goals I never reached before.

Goal Length.....short term BSL long term I'm not really sure. I'm just growing it out.....I've had MBL hair, NL, SL, bobbed, tappered....LOL...But I've never made it back to MBL so I guess long term would be MBL and/or longer....I just want to see just how long I get it to grow....I'm actively deciding to no longer cut my hair, dusting when needed of course, but no trims or chops.........

I think I posted here already but wanted to add, I want BSL-WSL curly hair including shrinkage, that should be between wsl-tailbone straight I think, and if my hair wants to grow to longer then bring it, I'll take all the length that comes w/ :)

Ok updating I'm liking hip-bone length a lot, I might stop there and maintain and get it all evened up and that's also my next milestone length, we'll see.
Ladies a lot of us need to update with a new post on this thread cause I'm looking at siggy's and people have already met and passed there goals in some cases.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
Some where between APL and BSL. I don't think I would look good with hair much longer than that personally. The only reason I want the additional length is to help counteract the shrinkage of my natural hair. I love the beautiful up dos that can be achieved with slightly longer hair as well.

Ultimately, I would like at least full WL hair. That way when I wear my hair shrunken, as I normally do, I'll have a huge fro/puff, and my out styles (braid/twist/bantu knot) will be APL.

I love shrinkage. Even now people are always surprised when they pull my hair and realize that it's not ear length, it just looks that way.

I'm not sure. I always thought APL would be more than enough but with shrinkage and all the beautiful WL pics I see on here I think it might just be WL. At least BSL.

I can't wait to wear a huge puff bigger than my head or a giant afro. The bigger the better.:yep:

I voted WL because you rarely see black women with that hair length, and I want to be an encourager to other women like all of the ladies who are on LHCF. I would also love to have the style versatility without having to wear an expensive weave. I haven't reached my goal yet, but I'm soooooooooo grateful for what I have and am enjoying the journey. :-)

BSL- Waist. Want BSL definitely, but not sure if I can handle waist natural. If I can, I'm going for it...

midback because i always wear my hair with a part down the middle and i think it looks extremely sexy with midback lenght hair its stupid reason but besides that i just love hair especially healthy hair

Back