Votes: 255 21.0%
  • Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters
I voted for BSL...though right now my goal is APL...I wanted a change after keeping my hair short for over seven years...plus my SO wants me to stop getting my hair cut.

I voted waist length because I think it's sexy and I want to see if I can really achieve HEALTHY waist length hair.

Mid back.

Thick and shiny. I think it's feminine and versatile with layers and all that. I was almost there, but cut it. I'm enjoying it short right now, but I plan to grow it back out.

Hey!

I picked tailbone for 3 reasons:1. My Grandmother had hair that she could sit on. She cut all that length the day before my Grandfather was buried.
2. Jealousy (yeah, I said it) my cousin has waist length hair.
3. When I was little I had hair at collar bone length au natural and it been downhill since puberty.

i voted waist length because ive only ever mad it to BSL length. Waist length ( stretched ) is really the longest i would want my hair.....but id settle for BSL midback

At first I wanted APL, but I've been APL before and had a big chop so I know that this attainable. In fact, I am back at APL now. Then I re-forecasted my goals to get to BSL and I believe that I will attain that goal by October or November this year.

Now I want to aspire to get to MBL because I believe that firstly, I don't want to maintain hair longer than this and secondly, because it would put a major boost in my already healthy ego. One could always use more confidence, right? Thirdly, I have never attained that level and I really wanted to set a new hair goal and MBL is it but I don't intend to change it after this reaching it.

I originally wanted BSL ...but once I get there it didn't seem long to me at all...So I want MBL now.....Once I get there I want to keep it at that length...and concentrate on growing out my bangs

I know this sounds retarded, but I just want thick shoulder length, emphasis on thick. Over the years, I've steadily lost my thick head of healthy hair...and I want it back. I hate my hair the way it is now. See thru in some places and feels downright sparse in others. it sucks.

I voted Mid Back, cuz I want like one inch past BS.. that way I can get some slight layers I just think they're sexy....

That's what I want like an inch or two below BSL. I am currently at BSL straightened, and I think anything longer than that would just be too much work. I'm also 44 and I'm tired of dealing with so much hair, I don't have the energy anymore.

Well my first goal is to grow my hair back to BSL (just to see if I can do it). But since I'm transitioning back to natural, I don't know whether to chop off all my relaxed ends at that point or just trim 1" at a time until my relaxer is all gone. Part of me wants to just BC and get it over with, part of me can't let go of the length. I'm really at a crossroads with this one.

ETA: I forgot to add that my ultimate goal length for my natural hair is mid-back stretched (to account for inevitable shrinkage).

Last edited:
As a little girl I was MBL. I definately want that again, but I want to surpass it. My mother used to have classic length hair in elementary school. I want to surpass that, to. Maybe mid-thigh or knee...I want extreme length.

I don't know if I've already poste in this thread but:

My goal length is Waist length unstreched hair: My goal is to make it by 2012

I voted Midback...really it's between BSL and Midback. I'm really short so any longer would make me look like a bag lady lol. Plus I think that's an attainable goal,and if I don't make it at least (hopefully) I'll be APL. I think I could take care of BSL or midback (midback is only 2 inches longer than bsl on me lol) but any longer....smh....who knows. I want it to be very healthy with blunt ends, and I think it would look good on me

I keep going back and forth between MBL and WL :drunk:. But after taking care of my own hair, I think I can only handle MBL, so MBL is my goal length, although I would be happy with thick, full BSL, I think :rolleyes:.

For me....i voted Midback. Any longer than MBL is a little too much for me. Hell, i am all ready having issues washing my APL hair right now...so me MBL is my hair goal!

I voted BSL. For one I've never had hair past my shoulders until recently. Two, I love that length and I think it will look very nice on me. Three, I think if it gets any longer than that I will be in ponytails and buns FOREVER :nono:

I CHOSE MID-BACK BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HAD HAIR PAST MY SHOULDER'S BECAUSE I MISTREATED MY HAIR FOR SO LONG , BECAUSE OF STUPID MYTHS:wallbash: THAT MY HAIR WOULD NEVER GROW ETC., I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY HAIR SINCE AUGUST AND MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN THIS HEALTHY AND ITS ACTUALLY 2-3 INCHES AWAY FROM APL SOMETHING I NEVER HAVE. CANT WAIT TO MAKE IT MID-BACK I WOULD LOOK SO SEXY WITH LONG HAIR LOL :yep: :kiss2:

I chose BSL. I had weave once that mbl and I started to hate having to deal with the weave after so long. I know I will be able to handle my hair and keep it healthy while it's BSL.

waist length is my dream length and I am working at it for 09. I think it is a sexy length and it's rare to see black women with it so I'm going for it:yep:

I voted WL.

Why? Thanks to people like Babygurl and SweetCashew I know it's attainable, WITH a relaxer.

Personally, and no offense to anyone that I've left out, but SweetCashews (though she's transitioning now :grin:) photo of her wl - relaxed rollerset was so beautiful I had to have it :yep:.

As with anything in my life, I set a long range goal, but smaller goals along the way so that I stay motivated.

The reason I decided WL over MB or BSL was (I always have a plan b) if I decide I want a blunt cut or a few layers...I'll end somewhere between mb anyway while maintaining a pretty style cut.

I know it will be more work, but soo worth it. Everyone has there own thoughts, but beautiful hair (no matter what texture or length) just makes a beautiful woman MORE beautiful.

Oh, I will reach this goal now that I have the tools.

Thanks, LHCF :yep:

Last edited:
Hello to all the beautiful ladies of LHCF. I used to "ghost" these boards for about a year now but today is the day that I finally subscribed. I have been inspired by so many of you on here. But anyway, back to the discussion at hand. My goal length at the moment is Midback, hence my user name lol. My reason for wanting to be midback is because thats the length I was when I was a little girl. Like so many of us on these boards, I used to abuse my hair with perms :ohwell:. I havent had a perm now in over 7 months. I am extremely proud of myself :yep:. My protective style is full head weaves and wigs. Its amazing what your hair can do when you dont touch it too much. Wish me luck ladies! Midback is my goal!

My goal length is waist length natural. I have always wanted waist length hair, I was almost there when I was relaxed but then I transitioned and went natural. I think waist length hair looks very beautiful.

Midback. I wont get much further than that because it would get heavy and irritating since I cowash my natural hair every day.

Hello to all the beautiful ladies of LHCF. I used to "ghost" these boards for about a year now but today is the day that I finally subscribed. I have been inspired by so many of you on here. But anyway, back to the discussion at hand. My goal length at the moment is Midback, hence my user name lol. My reason for wanting to be midback is because thats the length I was when I was a little girl. Like so many of us on these boards, I used to abuse my hair with perms :ohwell:. I havent had a perm now in over 7 months. I am extremely proud of myself :yep:. My protective style is full head weaves and wigs. Its amazing what your hair can do when you dont touch it too much. Wish me luck ladies! Midback is my goal!

Welcome to the board and congrats on transitioning. I am also transitioning. You should do a search to get knowledge and support.

It's about finding what's best for your hair (whether that's relaxed or natural)!

Back