Whatcha Trying this Weekend?

LocksOfLuV

What are you ladies trying this weekend?

This weekend ORS replenishing Pak+evoo as a DC and maybe Africa's Best Liquid Leave-in (depening on how my hair turns out after the ORS).

Next week I will be trying, Lekair Cholesterol as a pre-poo, Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor followed by Motions conditioner again (which I loved).

What about you? Big hopes?

My Dominican stuff wont be here in time. But I do have some Amla oil, and I have never used it. So I am going to see how it fairs as a prepoo mixed LeKair Cholesterol and JBCO.

I am also going to tryout KeraCare Hydrating poo

I wasn't going to do anything different until I came across this thread. I usually condition with Lekair Cholesterol Plus for 2 hours under a plastic cap with no heat. This time I think I'll try it with honey and see how it turns out.

OnAHairQuest said:
My Dominican stuff wont be here in time. But I do have some Amla oil, and I have never used it. So I am going to see how it fairs as a prepoo mixed LeKair Cholesterol and JBCO.

I am also going to tryout KeraCare Hydrating poo

I see you like CON so I think you will like this stuff. It's good stuff!

Pinkdot said:
I wasn't going to do anything different until I came across this thread. I usually condition with Lekair Cholesterol Plus for 2 hours under a plastic cap with no heat. This time I think I'll try it with honey and see how it turns out.

I'm gonna try this one weekend, I will also add evoo to the mix. If I wasn't such a punk I would try it this weekend.

bmoreflyygirl said:
I bought some Giovanni Direct Leave in while I was out. Let's see how it works.

omg!!! the new pic in ur siggy. i LOVE your little curly afro. soooooo adorable! :)

ok, back on topic... i'm thinking of trying that lime juice/coconut milk concoction that is supposed to be like a relaxer...

and next week i plan to add coconut milk to my DC. to see if i notice a difference.

dillard said:
omg!!! the new pic in ur siggy. i LOVE your little curly afro. soooooo adorable! :)

ok, back on topic... i'm thinking of trying that lime juice/coconut milk concoction that is supposed to be like a relaxer...

and next week i plan to add coconut milk to my DC. to see if i notice a difference.

Thanks hun. :kiss:

I got one of these free the other day packaged along with my Aphogee treatment.
Aphogeehotoil.jpg

I think I will just put it in a bowl with the other stuff, mix it all together and see what happends.

Going to look for Bomba or La Bomba conditioner. Tried Cream Negra last weekend with some Suave. I think I need to clarify. My hair feels...weird. Like super strong, not dry...maybe too much CW or protein?

Rollersetting with purple rollers. I want loose curls.

Eqyss Premier Rehydrant Spray
Eqyss Premier Cream Rinse

I've fallen in love with the Avocado Mist. I can't wait to try the others.

Last edited:
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditoner & Treatment (I know, I'm so late :lol: ).

I'm having moisture issues. I see so many Aveda DR guru's in here so I have to ask: Will the shampoo, conditioner, & treatment restore moisture, or should I pick up another line?

HoneyDew said:
I am going to try to rollerset this weekend. I really to practice it more. :look:

I will be trying rollersetting this weekend too. I am also going to wash my hair without pre-pooing first, I want to see if there is a major difference in the way my hair feel afterwards.

Bmore your hair looks sooooo cute!

I'm going to try Porosity Control, and maybe Fermodyl 619 this weekend. My hair's been acting a little weird, so I'm hoping PC fixes things.

OneInAMillion said:
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditoner & Treatment (I know, I'm so late :lol: ).

I'm having moisture issues. I see so many Aveda DR guru's in here so I have to ask: Will the shampoo, conditioner, & treatment restore moisture, or should I pick up another line?

You will love the Aveday DR. Use the poo, then put the treatment on and go under the dryer for 30 min. Follow up with the cond for a few min. Your hair should be nice and shiney and bouncy. When using these I make sure to use Aveda Elixir leave in.

I just got my relaxer, so I will not be trying anything new this wkend.

I'm going to try a sample of sunsilk's anti-poof poo, cond & 24/7 creme and see if it keeps my hair from getting poofy. :lol:

janeemat said:
You will love the Aveday DR. Use the poo, then put the treatment on and go under the dryer for 30 min. Follow up with the cond for a few min. Your hair should be nice and shiney and bouncy. When using these I make sure to use Aveda Elixir leave in.

I just got my relaxer, so I will not be trying anything new this wkend.

Thanks janeemat! I gotta bite the bullet and buy all three. I hope this cures the dryness issues.

Ok, good! I am excited about this weekend. I ordered some avocado butter and I am going to whip it up and make some sort of concoction to use after I dc with Nexxus Emergencee. I can't wait. I think I am going to do this tonight

msbrown76 said:
Bmore your hair looks sooooo cute!

I'm going to try Porosity Control, and maybe Fermodyl 619 this weekend. My hair's been acting a little weird, so I'm hoping PC fixes things.

Thanks MsBrown :kiss: I think I'm going to two strand twist my hair today if that giovanni leave in doesn't work great...

I have a bunch of stuff I want to try mixing up. I'm thinking I want to try to formulate my own moisturizing spritz...distilled water, glycerin, jojoba oil...something else maybe?

I'm also thinking about mixing up my own sulfur concoction. I read in the recipe forum about a vodka mix. Do you think vodka can be mixed with sulfur?

I have avocado butter, shea butter, coconut butter, jojoba oil, evoo, almond oil, grapeseed oil, glycerin, some coconut jasmine oil I picked up from the Indian market...and some other things...so, I'll see what I end up with.

Before I saw this thread, I was contemplating doing a hair mask with banana, avocado, coconut milk, rhassoul clay maybe, maybe some irish moss, add a bit of wheat germ oil.... I don't know. I am going to play around with it, but I am looking forward to getting in the kitchen and mixing up some stuff.

Back