What was the last straw in your last relationship?

I think the last straw in my marriage was when he told me "my mom told me you were the devil." I tried to fix things with him, offer to go to counseling (he said black folks don't go to counseling), but that sent me over the edge.

with my ex...it was when I was in a car accident, he worked night shift and was getting ready to go to work. Instead of him taking me to the hospital, my best friend took me and he went to work like normal. He didnt even care that I was in an accident. Meanwhile I needed to make some phone calls and we didnt have a house phone and I had lost my phone charger so mine was dead.

This fool would not let me borrow his phone for the night while he was at work. He told me to to go the mall and get a charger (I guess on the way to the hospital :rolleyes:). How much more inconsiderate can you be? And as u may have guessed it, he was just too afraid I was going to go thru his phone and find some numbers. When he came home from work the next morning I told him it was over.

I had been with him on and off for years and that was when enough was enough and I didnt want to waste anymore of my time settling for less. Im happy that I had the guts to start over because Im getting married to the most wonderful person I could ever ask for.:yep:

You know i had to have a few with my sons father.. My last straw was when i was pregnant and he tried to hit me. We went on a trip with some friends and he came along and brought his piece on the side.... He got mad because she came to me and asked some questions about who i was pregnant by. I told her that it was him and she got upset because she had just had an abortion and was pregnant by him as well. he got upset because i had talked to her. He got in my face and threatened me and tried to hit me. Two of my girls had to get him off of me... I thought i was gonna have to kill him. Needless to say that was the end of him.

With my ex, i walked in on him in OUR bed bukked nakkid with an ugly arse TROLLOP!! He was out of that house the same night!!!!

with my ex, when he punched me in the eye and I had to go to work the next day with a black eye. He told me I should call in sick, but I didn't call in, instead I called it quits with him.

:popcorn:This was better than I thought it would be. Yall got stories worse than a Tyler Perry movie. I don't feel so bad.

Last straw for me after months of consideration:
-When he just up and decided to go to Atlanta w/ his boys in the next 36hrs and even call out of work one day so he could do so. This was after months of complaining that we NEVER went anywhere did anything different or special. Yet he could once again accommodate his boys and selfishness. I then realized he wasn't gonna compromise or ever take me in consideration EVER.

Wow! Did he ever get professional help? That's kinda sad. :nono:

He did when he was younger [15yrs old] and they sent him to another mental institute a year ago [20yrs] when he was drink in public and he was about to jump off a cliff [what the police says, he denies it]. They tackle him down and saw he had slits on his wrist and..........51-50, took him to a mental hospital instead of jail. :ohwell: I think that boy just really needs closure, seriously.

Wow, that's a bad sign when the guy's mama doesn't think he's a good guy. :lol:

VinDieselsWifey, you must be traumatized!!! :shocked:

with my ex...it was when I was in a car accident, he worked night shift and was getting ready to go to work. Instead of him taking me to the hospital, my best friend took me and he went to work like normal. He didnt even care that I was in an accident. Meanwhile I needed to make some phone calls and we didnt have a house phone and I had lost my phone charger so mine was dead.

This fool would not let me borrow his phone for the night while he was at work. He told me to to go the mall and get a charger (I guess on the way to the hospital :rolleyes:). How much more inconsiderate can you be? And as u may have guessed it, he was just too afraid I was going to go thru his phone and find some numbers. When he came home from work the next morning I told him it was over.

I had been with him on and off for years and that was when enough was enough and I didnt want to waste anymore of my time settling for less. Im happy that I had the guts to start over because Im getting married to the most wonderful person I could ever ask for.:yep:
Wow, he sounds like my ex. Why does it seem like so many men only think about themselves?

The last straw in my last relationship was when my ex, WCG, was supposed to be the best man at his friend's wedding. The groom picked him up from the airport, and they stayed in a hotel. I was debating on whether I would go to the wedding or not. I would definitely pick WCG up after the wedding if nothing else, since I hadn't seen him in a month and wouldn't see him again until Christmas.

Anyway, I had an option to work on Saturday, which would have landed me major points on the job. I opted to go and support him at the wedding. I got my car washed, oil changed, and drove to my dad's house, which was 2 hours away from where I lived but just an hour away from where the wedding would be held in Augusta. Ironically, we were all supposed be getting engaged on the same day, but he stopped ring shopping when I didn't take him to Chick-fil-A one time. :rolleyes:

I decided that I'd wash my hair in the morning, since it was freezing that night. WCG called me telling me to be in Augusta by 11:00 so that he could put his clothes in my car. I said that I couldn't, and then he said at least 12:00. I said it would take a while to do my hair, and the wedding only started at 2:00. We went back and forth.

I asked him why he couldn't put his clothes in someone else's car until I got there around 2:00. He said that I didn't even have to come to the wedding. He'd give me to some money to go watch 2 movies (in a city I know nothing about). I just needed to be there before 12:00. He said that my only purpose for being at the wedding was to serve him. :huh: So, at that point I was like, "Okay, you little spoiled brat, tell yo' mama to go to Augusta at 11:00 just so you can put your clothes in her car, 'cause I am not.the.one! :naughty: He finally said, if I couldn't be there by 11:30, then don't ever talk to him again. At that, I felt a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders. I was so glad to be rid of him.

But wait, that's not all! Guess where he was come Christmastime. Sleeping on my dad's couch begging me to go back with him, crying and going, putting his 86-year-old grandmother on the phone asking why we broke up and telling me that that the family loved me. Too late, buddy. You acted a fool way too many times for me! :lachen:

wcgsleep.jpg

Last edited:
He did when he was younger [15yrs old] and they sent him to another mental institute a year ago [20yrs] when he was drink in public and he was about to jump off a cliff [what the police says, he denies it]. They tackle him down and saw he had slits on his wrist and..........51-50, took him to a mental hospital instead of jail. :ohwell: I think that boy just really needs closure, seriously.
Wow, what kind of closure?

The last straw in my last relationship was when my ex, WCG, was supposed to be the best man at his friend's wedding. The groom picked him up from the airport, and they stayed in a hotel. I was debating on whether I would go to the wedding or not. I would definitely pick WCG up after the wedding if nothing else, since I hadn't seen him in a month and wouldn't see him again until Christmas.

Anyway, I had an option to work on Saturday, which would have landed me major points on the job. I opted to go and support him at the wedding. I got my car washed, oil changed, and drove to my dad's house, which was 2 hours away from where I lived but just an hour away from where the wedding would be held in Augusta. Ironically, we were all supposed be getting engaged on the same day, but he stopped ring shopping when I didn't take him to Chick-fil-A one time. :rolleyes:

I decided that I'd wash my hair in the morning, since it was freezing that night. WCG called me telling me to be in Augusta by 11:00 so that he could put his clothes in my car. I said that I couldn't, and then he said at least 12:00. I said it would take a while to do my hair, and the wedding only started at 2:00. We went back and forth.

I asked him why he couldn't put his clothes in someone else's car until I got there around 2:00. He said that I didn't even have to come to the wedding. He'd give me to some money to go watch 2 movies (in a city I know nothing about). I just needed to be there before 12:00. He said that my only purpose for being at the wedding was to serve him. :huh: So, at that point I was like, "Okay, you little spoiled brat, tell yo' mama to go to Augusta at 11:00 just so you can put your clothes in her car, 'cause I am not.the.one! :naughty: He finally said, if you couldn't be there by 11:30, then don't ever talk to him again. At that, I felt a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders. I was so glad to be rid of him.

But wait, that's not all! Guess where he was come Christmastime. Sleeping on my dad's couch begging me to go back with him, crying and going, putting his 86-year-old grandmother on the phone asking why we broke up and telling me that that the family loved me. Too late, buddy. You acted a fool way too many times for me! :lachen:

706-707102.jpg

Wow! How old is he? 12? :nono:

Wow, what kind of closure?

His parents were on drugs [crack] his whole childhood, they went from rich to homeless (smoked all their money up). His mom ran off, God knows where- doesn't know to this day, and his dad left him with family members. He was depressed his whole life it seemed like because of this (I've been knowing/dating him for 5-6 yrs off and on). His dad came back into his live (somewhat), he was so happy, moved in with his dad, then his dad up and left him again, no warning/sign. Nothing. This happened shortly after I had broken up with him, and I haven't spoken to him since. We ended on bad terms and it got worse when we started new relationships w/ someone else.

He's 27, but sometimes I think he's 12. :lachen:

Not only is he 27 but an A-whole! Good for you for dumping his chauvinistic self-centered, dominating behind :applauding:

(P.S.Don't know why he pissed me off so much- just moody right now perhaps,:lachen:.)

I asked him why he couldn't put his clothes in someone else's car until I got there around 2:00. He said that I didn't even have to come to the wedding. He'd give me to some money to go watch 2 movies (in a city I know nothing about). I just needed to be there before 12:00. He said that my only purpose for being at the wedding was to serve him. :huh: So, at that point I was like, "Okay, you little spoiled brat, tell yo' mama to go to Augusta at 11:00 just so you can put your clothes in her car, 'cause I am not.the.one! :naughty: He finally said, if I couldn't be there by 11:30, then don't ever talk to him again. At that, I felt a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders. I was so glad to be rid of him.

706-707102.jpg

Ms J...is that him in the pic sleeping on the couch?:lachen::lachen:If so that is hilarious that you kept the pic to remember what a fool he was lol.

He Didn't Understand that Failing to Be Truthful = Lying

:popcorn:This was better than I thought it would be. Yall got stories worse than a Tyler Perry movie. I don't feel so bad.

Last straw for me after months of consideration:
-When he just up and decided to go to Atlanta w/ his boys in the next 36hrs and even call out of work one day so he could do so. This was after months of complaining that we NEVER went anywhere did anything different or special. Yet he could once again accommodate his boys and selfishness. I then realized he wasn't gonna compromise or ever take me in consideration EVER.

Something like this.

Me beating the bushes to get him to do something meaningful with me; him giving every reason under the sun why he couldn't - BUT THEN - I get 1 day's notice about the int'l trip he's taking w/ his best friend. I couldn't settle on whether he was down low, cheating or just a flat out jerk, but I got tired of trying to figure it out. And to put a bow on it, this trip happened during our anniversary.
I couldn't face myself in the mirror if I stayed with him after that. He told me everything I needed to know about how he was going to treat me - the question was would I listen.

I recently sent him an email letting him know that I was cutting contact w/ all my exes, even though a couple of my exes are my dearest friends. We were never nasty or argumentative, but I got tired of pretending like I wanted to be friends with this person I did not trust to be honest.

Me rusing home from work, getting dinner and picking up kids from daycare right before the place closes.
Him standing with a huge smile on his face at the door welcoming his lovely family with a suprise.
Upstairs brand new couches and newly order 152 channel cabelbox 'cause now that I (read:Nina)got a raise we (read:unemployed since 2yrs husband)
Me locking myself in the closet to stop hyperventilating.
House dusty and crusty as all h*ll, the only grimefree area was the floor around the computer chair.

But the prize was the look of utter astonishment on his little pink face when I told him he HAD to go!
1.gif

Back