Last year this time, where were you relationship wise?

Last year this time, where were you relationship-wise?
On a rocky road with my ex...ups and downs...

How were you feeling about it then?
I thought everything was ok, but noticed him pulling back. So I felt uneasy, stressed, and worried for the most part.

How are you feeling about it now?
Well, found out he was cheating 9 months ago, and although I am relieved to be out of that disrespectful relationship, my ego is bruised and I am hurting from it. I still love him too. I have somewhat gotten over it, although I have relapses every now and then. I am trying to reach a point of contentment with the single life and have simply been praying that IF someone else comes along who is right for me, God won't let me overlook them because of hurt and regret from this last relationship. My ex still emails me on the regular because he cannot call or text me (blocked). Just to say the usual--he's sorry, just wants to see how I am, he messed up, blah blah....but I've been ignoring him.

Last year I had just moved away from bf and was sad and anxious. I asked him if he thought we should take some time apart, if maybe the long-distance thing was too tough. But he didn't want to and asked for more time.

Now he is coming out to where I am at the end of next month and we are talking about what I would like in an engagement ring. I am happy.

hell no! I knew what I wanted and I knew I wasnt getting it...

How were you feeling about it then.
I was feeling really bad. It drove me crazy because I wanted it to work and I tried hard to make it work and it just didn't. I was miserable.

I have since ended the relationship its been about 3 weeks now. I am trying to get my self back track.

It feels weird but I am getting back to the old me...:yep:

I was with the same person, waiting for him to put a ring on it. (i got it about 2 weeks from today last year)

Happy.
Ready.
Hopeful for our future.

Happy, and a lil silly that I wanted an engagement ring, which I barely ever wear now. Still excited and hopeful for our future.

Desperately trying to find a good way to end things with this mess of a man. No, not man. A whiny brat that still hadn't moved out of his parents house at 27. Sadly, the only reason why we were together for so long (on and off for 4-5 years) was that he was one of the very few people who have actually shown interest in me. Sad I know, I'm working on the self-esteem thing, really!

Absolutely disgusted, I couldn't stand him and had lost all interest in him months before. I just couldn't break up with him because bad things kept happening in his life. (family deaths, illnesses). Eventually a "window of opportunity" opened up in late July and I dumped his sorry ***. :look:

I still feel like a million bucks, being free from it all. I was so stressed out at the time and I didn't realize that he caused the most of it until I cut him loose. There's only one thing that bothers me is that I lost all my friends when I was dating him (he didn't like them), and ONE I had remaining took pity on him and spends more time with him than myself. :rolleyes: Girl, you can have that sorry *** mess.

Now I just need to find some friends and a SO that aren't hell bent on bringing me down. :yep:

Desperately trying to find a good way to end things with this mess of a man. No, not man. A whiny brat that still hadn't moved out of his parents house at 27. Sadly, the only reason why we were together for so long (on and off for 4-5 years) was that he was one of the very few people who have actually shown interest in me. Sad I know, I'm working on the self-esteem thing, really!

Absolutely disgusted, I couldn't stand him and had lost all interest in him months before. I just couldn't break up with him because bad things kept happening in his life. (family deaths, illnesses). Eventually a "window of opportunity" opened up in late July and I dumped his sorry ***. :look:

I still feel like a million bucks, being free from it all. I was so stressed out at the time and I didn't realize that he caused the most of it until I cut him loose. There's only one thing that bothers me is that I lost all my friends when I was dating him (he didn't like them), and ONE I had remaining took pity on him and spends more time with him than myself. :rolleyes: Girl, you can have that sorry *** mess.

Now I just need to find some friends and a SO that aren't hell bent on bringing me down. :yep:

I've been there too, don't feel too bad about it, it's just another lesson to learn in life.

I had just gotten back together with my bf. He had dumped me for another woman, then dumped her for me lol.

Very happy, because I was younger and a lot dumber.

Ok, we ended up breaking up in December. It was a HORRIBLE break up. But to my suprise, he called me a few days ago. After all we been through I think were meant to be.

Back