What relaxer do you use and why?

What relaxer do you use and Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

butterfly_wings

Hi ladies

I'm trying to hold out for my next relax, I am tempted to do a corrective relax this weekend but I think I am best off waiting for me next proper relax in 4 weeks.

Anyway I would like to know what relaxer do you use and why?

Thanks

Last edited:
Motions Oil moisturizer regular or mild. the formula leaves my hair moisturized and doesn't get my hair that straight.

silk elements lye mild.....i go to the salon to do it and it gets my hair bone stratight and oh so silky! i've been very content with this relaxer:yep:

I use Soft & Beautiful because, it has a pre protection serum that you apply to your hair before relaxing.

It also keeps your hair moisturized and strong. I have nevered had any breakage using this product.:grin:

I have been using it since I was 12 years old. :yep:

Profectiv Regular LOVE LOVE LOVE!

As the other ladies have said - silky smooth results.

I wish they would put some conditioner in there, though. I use my own, but I think some would benefit from a nice conditioner. They just have their leave-in in there.

But, now they have the Professional kits that I get 4 touchups out of it for the same price as the consumer kit. It has not neutralizing shampoo or leave-in so i can just use my own.

I hate Profectiv's other products! :nono:

I use Mizani butter blend:lick:.. I never leave in for a bone straight look and it works good for my texlax look. I switched to lye after being a no lye user. I can already tell the difference in that sahara desert patch in my crown area:lachen:! and the pre relaxer trtmt is great at protecting previously chemically treated hair.

Last edited:
ORS lye , because it has a very thick consistency, and it gets the job done!

as far as correctives are concerned...

i have very fine hair, and i had to do a corrective 5 days after my last relaxer because i did a protein treatment, and all of my hair reverted :nono:

so i based the small part of hair that didn't revert, relaxed, and now my hair's straight, and still healthy.

so... if you're 100% sure your hair is in tip top shape, why not go for it? :look:

I use Just For Me..............My scalp is very sensitive and I don't burn with the Just For Me....It breaks down my coarse 4b hair and I don't burn

affirm sensitive scalp. Decent results not as bone straight as regular affirm and no burning. I did not choose this relaxer line :sad::wallbash:but its the only one they use in my hair salon.

Just For Me, I love the pre-relaxer treatment...even though my hair never gets bone straight, it never feels stripped, but moisturized. I've retained alot of thickness usingi it in the pass, so I'm sticking with it. I'm done trying everything else. I use it on my mother's hair as well. It's seems gentler on her hair than others she's tried

Luster's Pink Oil Regular Relaxer. I have tried several other relaxers and Luster's is the only one that doesn't not burn my scalp.

I use Vitale Life and Body, doesnt burn at all and I dont get bone straight but it gets straight. And everything makes me burn I mean Everything!

If I'm relaxing at home I use ORS no-lye. If I go to the salon I like for the stylist to use Affirm. However I'm interested in the Mizani Butter Blends. What differentiates that relaxers from others?

I use Phytospecific - I love this relaxer in spite of the cost. My hair is straight, strong, soft, and I experience no dryness or breakage.

Motions Mild, it gives my hair the moisture that it craves :grin: but it sometimes leaves my hair underprocessed :ohwell:. I don't like switching relaxers b/c they don't relax as well as I'd like so I'll probably stick with motions.

Transitioning from Phyto to SE. After a lot of research I started using Phyto II about 3 years ago. It was the only relaxer I trusted not to burn me and not to cause dryness. About 8 months ago I switched to Phyto I because I wanted a but more texture. Now I'm moving to Silk Element Lye because Phyto is just too much money. I have new hobbies I want to invest in and I increased my relaxer scheduled from once/year to 4X/year. :eek:

Anyway, my scalp is very sensitive so I was afraid of using lye, but I was more afraid of having dry hair from run-of-the-mill no-lye relaxers. After shopping around, I decided on Silk Elements Mild Lye. I did a little test with SE regular and it didn't burn at all, but it was too straight. I'm gonna try mild next time, but other than that it was a blazing success (so far). :detective:

Last edited:
Elasta QP Lye
It gets my hair straight but not bone straight which I like.
It doesnt make my hair loose its natural shine and never burns me.
My hair still has body

I've been using ORS Olive Oil No-Lye Relaxer (Regular) since early last year and I truly do enjoy using it. The Creamy Aloe Neutralizing Shampoo that comes w/the kit is awesome!!! It gets rid of all of the calcium-buildup that can accumulate in the hair over time. And the Replinishing Pak Conditioner gives my hair the perfect balance of moisture and protein after relaxing. I wouldn't trade my ORS kit for anything! HTH!!! :wave:

Back