What relaxer do you use and why?

What relaxer do you use and Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been using Design Essentials Lye (get it done at hair salon), I particularly like it because it gets my hair straight doesnt dry it out,:drunk: nor does it make it thin.

ors...because i was looking for a gentle relaxer that would'nt irratate/burn my scalp. I would to use Dark and Lovely...:nono:. Never again.

I use dark and lovely beginnigns no lye perm. Its a kiddie perm and I cant use a strong perm on my head. I notice that the kiddie perm with out the lye works good for and my hair real straight and shiny after

I did some research before i relaxed my natural hair. I decided on Affirm. I have naturally dry hair and found out that Affirm doesn't dry out hair like No-Lye relaxers do.
So far i am very very happy with my choice.

Motions Mild, it gives my hair the moisture that it craves :grin: but it sometimes leaves my hair underprocessed :ohwell:. I don't like switching relaxers b/c they don't relax as well as I'd like so I'll probably stick with motions.
i agree. motions is a great texlaxer.

i use optimum no lye
don't kno why..thats what the salon had at the time and just stuck with it

B4 that i used Creme of nature no lye

This weekend I used for the first time Phyto Index 2 and I will continue to use this relaxer from now on.

Because it gets my hair bone straight the way I like it, it did not burn at all, it gives my hair fullness, and it also left my hair radiant and softness!

I love this relaxer :yep:

Silk Elements- regular-lye

I'm convinced that this is the only product that'll give my hair shine that last for days!

I've gone back to my ole faithful Hawaiian Silky Mild No Base (Lye) Relaxer. It's the best for my hair, hands down.

I use Silk Elements mild lye to texturize. Unfortunately 2wks ago I had the bright idea of using Mizani Butter Blends mild lye and it left me severly underprocessed. I'm kicking myself right now because my hair has been having a good run. It's been healthy and silky and I went and screwed it up. My curls are dull and frizzy and just look awful now. Within 15mins I went from having silky curls to a big frizzy hot mess.

I CW daily and for the past 2wks in addition to my daily CW I've been DCing for 2hrs at a time a few times a week to keep the moisture. Since it's dry and underprocessed, i'm so afraid it's going to start breaking.

Should I do a corrective or just wait for another 4-6wks or so and relax the current new growth and the unprocessed hair at the same time?

I've gone back to my ole faithful Hawaiian Silky Mild No Base (Lye) Relaxer. It's the best for my hair, hands down.

ITA. After a year of using Elasta QP Lye, I recently went back to Hawaiian Silky Lye. I don't know why I ever switched. It was my staple relaxer for years. I love the silkiness.

i discovered Silk elements lye about a year ago and have stuck with it. It took me years to find the right relaxing for self relaxing by myself!! Mizani butterblend underprocessed me too

Me & my hair like TCB relaxer, the Basic Hair Relaxer in the tan jar with the BrownLid. I tend to keep more hair using this one. I did like the results I used to get from Optimum, but they've changed their formula, besides that my hair wasn't too healthy when using that one.

Mizani Sensitive Scalp Rhelaxer!!!! Whoop, whoop! It gets my hair straight, leaves is nice and soft and SILKY, and makes it feel stronger. Gotta love this stuff!

Well firstly, u dont have Mizani on your list and I use Hawaiin Silky and I love it. My hair is silky smooth shiny and strong. Oh and BTW H/S is inexpensive, I mean CHEAP!!! It doesn't burn and is very gentle!!

Miazani Med- Load of conditioning and no breakage. (LYE)

Soft and Beautiful-Got my hair bone straight, but my hair was dry, probally cause it was a NO Lye, that why I switched to Lye relaxers.

silk elements lye mild.....i go to the salon to do it and it gets my hair bone stratight and oh so silky! i've been very content with this relaxer:yep:
I also use silk elements lye mild and I love what it does for my hair. I do my own relaxer but I dont get that bone straight look like I got when I used the regular strenght it looks like I have a good relaxer with plenty of body and I love it. I hate that bone straight look because I have fine/ thin hair.

Well firstly, u dont have Mizani on your list and I use Hawaiin Silky and I love it. My hair is silky smooth shiny and strong. Oh and BTW H/S is inexpensive, I mean CHEAP!!! It doesn't burn and is very gentle!!

:yep::yep:

I use Hawaiian Silky No mix no lye

It is super cheap and is a lithium hydroxide relaxer. It gives me the best of both worlds.......the shine and softness that lye gives me without the scalp irritation.

:yep::yep:

I use Hawaiian Silky No mix no lye

It is super cheap and is a lithium hydroxide relaxer. It gives me the best of both worlds.......the shine and softness that lye gives me without the scalp irritation.

Okay Gym, I've been wanting to try this one. Now that you've put your "scientifical" analysis on it, I'm sold. I was gonna relax today, but I won't until tomorrow because I have to go find me some Hawaiian Silky. :yep:

My stylist has used Nairobi in my hair and so far I like the results. She says it has a shea butter base that causes it not to burn. I don't know if that's a fact, but I can say I did not have 1 burn.

Me & my hair like TCB relaxer, the Basic Hair Relaxer in the tan jar with the BrownLid. I tend to keep more hair using this one. I did like the results I used to get from Optimum, but they've changed their formula, besides that my hair wasn't too healthy when using that one.

This is the one I also used for years, but it has been hard to find in recent years, so I've been switching up trying to find a new one.

Do post if you find one you like. I used optimum for a while, but then stopped for some reason. TCB's been around for years, it seems all the Asian shops have them. :look: Don't know how old the product is, but so far I've had not problems.

This is the one I also used for years, but it has been hard to find in recent years, so I've been switching up trying to find a new one.

Back