What relaxer do you use and why?

What relaxer do you use and Why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to love that TCB relaxer too. i haven't seen it in a store in years though.

I use motions mild. Its a great texlaxer because its very thick and the density of it stretches the curls better.

I've used so many relaxers...maybe that's one of the reasons my hair never grew past SL before.

I liked motions, and profectiv....my last relaxer was ORS olive oil and let's just say I will be using that relaxer for some time to come. I absolutely love it and the kits comes with everything including replenishing pak.

I just tried SE (Silk Elements) mild and fell in luv with it......I'll be using that for the time being.......

ors. . . none of the million other relaxers I have used made my hair feel the way this one. . . but I also have to recognize that I didn't start using ORS until I knew what I was doing. . . but I used to rip the comb thru my hair trying to force it straight :nono: but I used ORS and put olive oil in it, and leave it on for no more than 15 minutes. . .my 'new' relaxed hair is so much more stronger, healthier and thicker than my 'old' relaxed hair

I use the Soft & Beautiful with Triple Hydration Oil. I love it!!! I have been using it all year and it has not failed me. My hair gets nice and straight, very smooth with no burns, no dryness, and none of that post-relaxer straw hair.

I normally use Cream Of Nature. I am 4b and it gets my hair straight. I am thinking about trying Mizani Butter Blends.

I have been using Softsheen Carson's Multimineral mild relaxer for the past couple of years. I like the way it makes my hair look and feel, but tends to burn my scalp a little from time to time. I am currently trying to find a lye relaxer that is gentler on my scalp.

Is there a difference between the relaxers the public can purchase in a store (CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, BSS, online etc.) and a professional 'grade' relaxer? If so, what's the diff?

I love Revlon realistic. Not many people talk about it, but I love this relaxer. Gets my hair really smooth without burning. It has collagen in it as well.

My scalp must be made out of cement because I think I've used about every relaxer on the market (Dark 'n Lovely, Revlon, Motions, etc.) and never had a problem. Shoot, sometimes I didn't even ask what relaxer was about to get slapped in my head! :blush:

Currently, my stylist is using Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp. The only reason I asked is because I started lurking on hairboards in late 2008 and every other relaxed head knew their relaxer. I figured it was a good time to ask. :giggle:

Update - I will no longer be using Softsheen's Multimineral lye relaxer. I just realized that one of the minerals in this relaxer Calcium Hydroxide. Calcium Hydroxide is the main reason why I no longer use no-lye relaxers. I'm little upset with myself since I have been using this relaxer for a couple years now. I am normally more observant when it comes to my hair. I have been wondering why my hair been so dry. SMH at myself.

I just Phytospecific Index 2. It straightens my hair perfectly. It doesn't get it bone straight which is exactly what I'm going for. I had to learn to reduce the processing time in order to get the not too straight result.

I'm actually thinking of switching though. The cost is becoming annoying since one box is really only 1 touch up.... We shall see what happens. I'm not sure that I should put a price tag on nice hair.

Back