What is your verdict with MTG

Yall can all say what you want

But I know for a FACT my hair has grown considerably faster in the last month than it normally would have than before I started using MTG.

My hair is natural so it takes alot for me to notice a difference in length even when stretched and I do.
I'm not a measuring person so I don't know how many inches or whatever its grown but I can say with all certainty it has grown about this ---------- much. Enough of a difference in a month to where I will keep using it unless I have some adverse reaction. Maybe some peoples hair grows that much in a month anyway but mine doesnt.

I dont have a digital camera to post pics and I didnt take starting pics anyway so it wouldnt matter, nobody would know the difference except me. Each to his own.

sprungonhairboards said:

But I know for a FACT my hair has grown considerably faster in the last month than it normally would have than before I started using MTG.

My hair is natural so it takes alot for me to notice a difference in length even when stretched and I do.
I'm not a measuring person so I don't know how many inches or whatever its grown but I can say with all certainty it has grown about this ---------- much. Enough of a difference in a month to where I will keep using it unless I have some adverse reaction. Maybe some peoples hair grows that much in a month anyway but mine doesnt.

I dont have a digital camera to post pics and I didnt take starting pics anyway so it wouldnt matter, nobody would know the difference except me. Each to his own.

Say Word! My hair has grown at least an inch and a half in the month that I've been using it.

kitty18 said:
What exactly is Betadine and in what products is it found?

Betadine is a popular brand of Iodine...

"Betadine is povidone-iodine, an antiseptic microbicide that can be used for wound cleaning. If you buy it at a drug store, you will get 10% strength, which is equal to 1% available iodine. If you buy veterinary Betadine, it will be 5% povidone-iodine, which is equal to 0.5% available iodine. Either is effective. The veterinary Betadine is often cheaper. You can get veterinary Betadine from vet supply stores."

ChocoKitty said:
Betadine is a popular brand of Iodine...

"Betadine is povidone-iodine, an antiseptic microbicide that can be used for wound cleaning. If you buy it at a drug store, you will get 10% strength, which is equal to 1% available iodine. If you buy veterinary Betadine, it will be 5% povidone-iodine, which is equal to 0.5% available iodine. Either is effective. The veterinary Betadine is often cheaper. You can get veterinary Betadine from vet supply stores."

Okay, thanks. To my knowledge, there are very few, if any, hair care products that contain Iodine. At the very least, none of my products do as I always check the Ingredients list and probably would not have bought any products that contained Iodine.

LMAO, this tread hilarious. Anyway I'm expectin my MTG anyday now, i keep peepin through the window. :look: I am an MTG believer, and i will use it( unless my hair falls off :eek: ). The point is there are so many things that we do which could be damagin in the long term but even though we KNOW the side effects we still do it like smoking!! Chances are my smokin is doin more harm to me than MTG would. Its a risk ,yes i know but hey its a personal risk.

buttafly said:
Say Word! My hair has grown at least an inch and a half in the month that I've been using it.

Girl fa sho! I have an inch and I've only put it on twice for the month (Relaxed on the May 8th). My hair usually grows .5 on average... so I definitely see a difference. And how bout the new growth is wavier and muh junk is THICK! My edges are thickening up too. How bout I got a mini jungle goin on under all this perm. I have sensitive skin but I haven't had any adverse reactions. I know that doesn't amount to a hill of beans but I'm glad I found something that works for me.

Originally Posted by sprungonhairboards

Ditto!.

I highly recommend MTG for anyone that's trying to grow hair

I've been using for around a month with Surge. Can't really tell if I have more growth given that I am 6months past relaxer.

Has anyone gotten a relaxer after using this product?

Miz_Complexity said:
I have read through the links that MeccaMedinah has posted. I have read some of the horses have sensitive skin and has had some allergic reactions to MTG. One person on the Horse City board suggested you do a skin test on your horse. The same think is suggested when you relax or perm your hair. I was wondering the people who use MTG do you follow its directions as it is listed. Do you shake up the contents in the bottle? For example Italian dressing has the oil on top of the bottle and the dressing mix at the bottom, in order for you to have great tasting Italian dressing you have to shake the contents well, so you will not be eating oil.

It looks like MTG has some stuff at the bottom of it maybe that could be one of the active or neutralizing agents in the bottle. Maybe that is a good reason you have to shake before you use the product.

Another thing it still would be a good ideal for Shapley’s to list some of the ingredients on the label.

Just to give my two cents, I've followed the directions of the flyer attached to the bottle of MTG as well as the bottle itself. I shook that MTG bottle like a salt shaker making sure all the contents were mixed before applying it to my scalp. However, when something is harmful to you (your body), it doesn't matter what type of manipulation you use, it's still going to rear it's ugly head if your body doesn't agree with it. I honestly don't believe mixing the ingrediants could have made much difference!

This may come as a shock to some of you but Glover's Sulphur Treatment was at one time called Glover's Mange and was used for farm animals and any cat or dog that had the mange and by mangy, their hair was tore up from the floor up with patches missing and looking right nasty. Glover's made their products for animals. I was raised on a farm. All the old people had a bottle of Glover's Mange and I saw them using it on mangy cattle etc. "Look like that cow's got Mange!---get that Glover's...It is well known in the cattle farm areas too. So.....It is not much different than the Glover's...in fact, I prefer this to using Glover's because it was so nasty dark potent stuff ...but they have cleaned it up and prettied it up quite a bit. Bonjour

SO, what is the verdict then?

How do humans use this on horses? DO they have to cover their faces? Wear goggles? Must they wear protective gloves?

caligirl90044 said:
Ditto!.

I highly recommend MTG for anyone that's trying to grow hair

I second that. I have been using MTG for 17 days. I did it three nights straight on and four nights off, then three nights on again, so on. On my off nights, I've used surge after washing or first thing in the morning. I have only gotten .5 inch new growth in the front, but I got one and a half inches in my crown and one inch in my back. :rofl: (needless to say.....I am ecstatic!)

Mahalialee4 said:
This may come as a shock to some of you but Glover's Sulphur Treatment was at one time called Glover's Mange and was used for farm animals and any cat or dog that had the mange and by mangy, their hair was tore up from the floor up with patches missing and looking right nasty. Glover's made their products for animals. I was raised on a farm. All the old people had a bottle of Glover's Mange and I saw them using it on mangy cattle etc. "Look like that cow's got Mange!---get that Glover's...It is well known in the cattle farm areas too. So.....It is not much different than the Glover's...in fact, I prefer this to using Glover's because it was so nasty dark potent stuff ...but they have cleaned it up and prettied it up quite a bit. Bonjour

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

My two or three cents... :grin:

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that MTG is contributing to a great increase in hair growth. It seems that everyone using is getting great growth! The dispute comes to the fact that...it just isn't marketed for humans. Glover's was mentioned as being for dogs and cat with mange, but it is now marketed for humans.

Here's a few of the basic questions I have in mind when disputing whether or not to purchase MTG. Someone put in their post that the original MTG formulation was marketed for humans. Someone else (lol can't remember who posted what) mentioned that the company stated they would make a non-smelly version if people sent in proof that it worked on humans. Well if the original formulation was for humans, why do they need proof on this formulation? What was changed that it was once for humans, but is now for horses? Then you have Eqyss, who have products for pets, but also state that their products are OK for crossover use on humans. So I think the big issue is, if it's safe for humans, why not state that.

Though, even if they come out and say it is in fact OK, doesn't mean everyone can use it (ex. Surge). Also, there are plenty of products that are marketed for one thing, but can be used for something else (ex. toothpaste for pimples!)

So basically I said all that and played devil's advocate to say to all the ladies having success with MTG, congrats, and be careful!

angellazette said:
Though, even if they come out and say it is in fact OK, doesn't mean everyone can use it (ex. Surge). Also, there are plenty of products that are marketed for one thing, but can be used for something else (ex. toothpaste for pimples!)
Good points!!! :cool:

angellazette said:

So basically I said all that and played devil's advocate to say to all the ladies having success with MTG, congrats, and be careful!

Good point....everybody can't use everything that is mentioned on this board...it's something that shouldn't even be risked especially if one is having hair issues to begin with.

If you know you're having a problem with it...leave it alone...move on and stick with what works for you. That goes for any product. If one doesn't want to use a product marketed to horses...then don't. It's not a hostage situation where somebody is holding an applicator bottle full of MTG to your scalp.

If those who use MTG and it works with no problems...I think that's great...nobody should throw Soul Glo juice on their hair fire and snuff it out.

Peace.

angellazette said:

Here's a few of the basic questions I have in mind when disputing whether or not to purchase MTG. Someone put in their post that the original MTG formulation was marketed for humans. Someone else (lol can't remember who posted what) mentioned that the company stated they would make a non-smelly version if people sent in proof that it worked on humans. Well if the original formulation was for humans, why do they need proof on this formulation? What was changed that it was once for humans, but is now for horses? Then you have Eqyss, who have products for pets, but also state that their products are OK for crossover use on humans. So I think the big issue is, if it's safe for humans, why not state that.

Yep, pretty much. :up:

MonaLisa said:
Good point....everybody can't use everything that is mentioned on this board...it's something that shouldn't even be risked especially if one is having hair issues to begin with.

If you know you're having a problem with it...leave it alone...move on and stick with what works for you. That goes for any product. If one doesn't want to use a product marketed to horses...then don't. It's not a hostage situation where somebody is holding an applicator bottle full of MTG to your scalp.

If those who use MTG and it works with no problems...I think that's great...nobody should throw Soul Glo juice on their hair fire and snuff it out.

Peace.

That's why I have mad luv for ya! :kiss:

With that having been said... I'm off to find MY MTG.

LaNecia said:
That's why I have mad luv for ya! :kiss:

With that having been said... I'm off to find MY MTG.

LOL...you'se a fool. I'm just sayin though...lol.

Go on and find your product chica...:lol:

MonaLisa said:
LOL...you'se a fool. I'm just sayin though...lol.

Go on and find your product chica...:lol:

I'm still looking, it's behind SOMETHING in here... Dang products... :mad: :look:

FashionistaNY said:
If there are any ill long term effects from using MTG on human scalp chances are if you decided to sue you would have no case. The product is marketed for animals not human use and that right there would be their defense.

Calling representatives at the Shapley's office to find out if the ingredients can cause ill effects in Human, they probably have no idea. First the product is meant for HORSES no matter how much it can be debated that it was once intended for Humans. I mean, how many years ago was Shapley's used on Humans? Do you have any idea how much science has possibly changed since then? Maybe they found out in the day and age of new technology that the ingredients where in fact harmful to humans over an extended period!?! Depending on how long ago Shapley's was used on humans there could have been an abundance of discoveries in sciences. So who knows what new chemicals maybe now used in this product. That's like calling LusterSilk and asking a call center representative, what is Benzoic Acid and its effects. Most likely they cannot tell you. It's probably a call center like anywhere else. Their just trained to sell the product, not to know every ingredient and it's side effects that's the chemist job, not a call center representative.

And in all fairness, yes they may disclose the Shapley's ingredients, but why would they have long term effects listed for human scalp or even tests performed on human scalp if the product is now intended for use on animals? And my god a horse has hyde, much more durable than human skin and from the links mecca provided, people are complaining that their horses skin is falling off, flaking and etc. No thanks.

i agree. and just because it was created for humans in 1938 or whatever certainly doesnt mean its the same formula. There's a reason they STOPPED marketing it to humans, right?

I had to jump on the bandwagon. I mixed and placed the oil directly on my scalp for only the nape. I have had a huge growth spurt in that area (at least 1/2 an inch in a week). It is amazing. With this stuff I should be able to get to waist length by the end of the year. As far as the dangers I was a bit skeptic about the safety but I looked at all the ingredients (posted in a different thread) and looked up the ones I was unfamiliar with individually. I don't the product will produce any problem based on the ingrediens.

DahomeyAhosi said:
I had to jump on the bandwagon. I mixed and placed the oil directly on my scalp for only the nape. I have had a huge growth spurt in that area (at least 1/2 an inch in a week). It is amazing. With this stuff I should be able to get to waist length by the end of the year. As far as the dangers I was a bit skeptic about the safety but I looked at all the ingredients (posted in a different thread) and looked up the ones I was unfamiliar with individually. I don't the product will produce any problem based on the ingrediens.

<SIGH> :lol: Ok...did you use this everyday? I only tried it once a few days ago to see if I'd have a reaction to it.

Back