MTG is not for humans!!!

Have you used or will you ever try MTG for hair growth?

• yes

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • no

Votes: 66 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may come off a little rash. . . but if you can eat mcdonalds, you can put something for horses on your hair/scalp. . . skin is skin is skin.

Some people can eat Micky D's with no problems seemingly and some cant

Some people can use these products wth no problems and some cant

I think this is across the board with most stuff

I think the 'whistle blower' (the reason for this thread) JUST MY opinion comes more from the stance that all these things we do to grow our hair stems from (or is all the same story) non acceptance of our 'natural selves'

isnt that what she said?

she's already somewhat an extremist with that stand point IMO

whether its true or not, at the root core of her opinion, who knows!

we could say if she 'twists' her hair , she is not accepting it, if she does anything to 'stretch it' she is not accepting 'her natural hair'

the key is, people have to draw 'their own' lines not draw them for others. We have all done it in different ways over different things, it just aint the thing to do:nono:

Last edited:
Simmah down nah :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks for caring about those that use the MTG but i'm sure they already know. Hair Junkies don't care as long as they get that growth :yep:

is mtg and mt the same thing? i know they both can be used for horses i use MT by Eqyss what is the diffrence?

Last week I bought a big bottle from Sally's for $5.99 and I WILL be using it. Yall better believe that if something wasn't meant for use on our heads that it would not be sold in beauty supply or grocery stores in the hair section. IMO Monistat is more of a risk than anything else, but it clearly has worked for some of the ladies here.

FYI--
I think you may have purchased a Mane and Tail product, not MTG. MTG is sold in equestrian or farm/tractor stores and it is usually $16 or more for the bottle.

Last edited:
Maybe im late but i wanted to inform all the ladies that have used MTG, thinking about using MTG or will be trying MTG again.. i recently found all these wonderful videos on youtube.com about MTG and its wonders with growing hair out major inches .. like an inch every week.. true stories of girls keeping weekly vlogs or bi weekly vlogs on their hair growth. i then stumbled over a life saving video.. MTG IS FOR HORSES.. NOT FOR HUMANS. This girl read the bottle and its instructions and everything.. i was shocked and sad at the sametime. I really wanted to give it a try but obviously these ladies using the product cant read and thats very scary not to mention harmful. I take warnings seriously, but at the same time apart of me wants to try it because of the young lady that had about 3 in growth in 4 weeks.. WOW!!!

My question is has anyone used the product?
Did you experience any side effects?
Have you heard of MTG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXebKaLodAk (vlog first week of trial)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLpo_dU900 (vlog final video of trial) 4 weeks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B13HVZlmXp0 (the whistle blower)

I'm sorry I couldn't get into the videos I was distracted by the other videos on the side, Beyonce real or weave part 6......:perplexed

:lachen:

MT, MN, and MTG, and Mane & Tail are four entirely different products. There are too many growth aids that start with M. :lachen:

MT = Mega-Tek - sold for horses, safe for humans, creamy, smells good, human 'version' is Ovation.

MN = some long scientific name I'm not even going to try to spell that ends with Nitrate, also known as Monistat aka coochie cream. Smells aiight, creamy.

MTG = Mane Tail and Groom. Originally created for people, sold for horses currently, oily, stinks like bacon, sulphur, and feet.

All of the above are growth aids. MT is also used as a protein conditioner/treatment.

Mane & Tail = commercially sold line of hair products for humans. No association with horses that I know of, despite the name. :lol:

:look:

I hope that helps some.

This is the truth to the whole thing with MTG:yep:

AND there is another story for MT too, OCT was the one formulated for humans

and MTG has another product made for humans too

basically all the same products, just the human formulations have additional ingredients

I think WITH MTG (forgot the name of the human one now) Sulu something? I Dunno, but they say they just added fragrance :lol:

and with MT, I guess its added oils and stuff

my personal opinion , who cares if its working, Ive just always been leary of the possible down sides that could happen

But if someone is using is successfully it matters not, really

it kills me when people say, they are itching like crazy, have burns, bumps, major shedding headaches, (or whatever) etc etc

and keep using it

or throw all caution to the side on things

but as with all things , its your hair do what you wanna do, really fahget anyone that judges you for it. Thats just a fact. When it works for you it works!

Ive had ladies act like I was cooo coo nuts for taking thr amount of vitamins I DO, their mind can only grasp you only need a multiple or your trippin! or going to an extreme, they come to me ask for advice on it, I tell them and they are like NO THANKS I dont need all that , lookin at me sideways I bet:lachen:

Actually I believe that Mega-Tek was originally marketed for humans suffering from hair loss due to chemotherapy and chemical damage. The first product was called Mega-Tek Hair Rejuvenator for thicker fuller longer hair. Mega-Tek Rejuvenator was completely discontinued. I think it was just a bottle switch to OCT. Then marketed as Mega-Tek cell Rebuilder longer stronger main and hoofs. I think the product was so successful they created Ovation Cell Threapy to market to humans and increased to a ridiculous price. The word Cell was taken out of Mega-Tek Rebuilder and strickly marketed to horses but can be for human use too.

Oh, well that explains it! Thanks for pointing it out.

Yeah- yours prob smell good and everything--not MTG. LOL

Try either Boundless Tresses, which is also sulphur based or Mega Tek. BT is oily and MT, I believe, is protein-rich and is creamy/wet. They both smell delicious! HHG!

This may come off a little rash. . . but if you can eat mcdonalds, you can put something for horses on your hair/scalp. . . skin is skin is skin.

Human biology and horse biology are two very different things. Also, all skin is not the same. A whale's skin is much different from a dog's skin...:drunk:

All excellent points. MTG probably isn't even used on horses manes but it's marketed that way to convince women that "yes, you can have long flowing hair like a horse too!". I'll be using it on my next wash. :yep:
Aren't you preggers? I don't use it at all when pregnant. MTG has cade oil in it (I think that's what makes it smell bacon-y) which could induce labor and cause spontaneous abortions. Too much of a risk in my opinion.

Other than that, I loved my MTG (excluding the smell of course) and would still be using it if I wasn't expecting.

Actually, reading down a bit, it sounds like your talking about the Mane and Tail stuff sold everywhere...this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the oily stuff that smells like bacon.

wait wait wait... :newbie: here, and I'm not knowing about alot of this stuff. Forgive my ignorance, but... MONISTAT?!?!? REALLY?!?!?! :blush:
Last week I bought a big bottle from Sally's for $5.99 and I WILL be using it. Yall better believe that if something wasn't meant for use on our heads that it would not be sold in beauty supply or grocery stores in the hair section. IMO Monistat is more of a risk than anything else, but it clearly has worked for some of the ladies here.

wait wait wait... :newbie: here, and I'm not knowing about alot of this stuff. Forgive my ignorance, but... MONISTAT?!?!? REALLY?!?!?! :blush:

:lachen: Yes, really. If you do a search on Monistat, or a google search on "MN" (the LHCF search won't let you do less than three letters) you'll find all the juicy details. :lol:

hmmmm.. juicy.... what an unfortunate choice of words... :nono:

:look::look::look::look::look:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Girl, you can use MN products without it being Monistat. Look at AloeVesta Antifungal oitment. It is like a creamy grease product. There are other options if you don’t want to use Monistat. What I hate is that people call it cooch cream. That just sounds gross to me.

:lachen:

Mane & Tail = commercially sold line of hair products for humans. No association with horses that I know of, despite the name. :lol:

:look:

I hope that helps some.

Hi Mane and Tail was also originally made for horses ans is still sold in tack stores. I know we used it on our horses when I was younger 10-15 years ago and at that time I also used it on myself. Somehow the general public caught on and now its in drug stores everywhere.

Actually I believe that Mega-Tek was originally marketed for humans suffering from hair loss due to chemotherapy and chemical damage. The first product was called Mega-Tek Hair Rejuvenator for thicker fuller longer hair. Mega-Tek Rejuvenator was completely discontinued. I think it was just a bottle switch to OCT. Then marketed as Mega-Tek cell Rebuilder longer stronger main and hoofs. I think the product was so successful they created Ovation Cell Threapy to market to humans and increased to a ridiculous price. The word Cell was taken out of Mega-Tek Rebuilder and strickly marketed to horses but can be for human use too.

Girl thank you, I cant keep up with it all

Like JK said why they all gotta start with a M:spinning:

Aren't you preggers? I don't use it at all when pregnant. MTG has cade oil in it (I think that's what makes it smell bacon-y) which could induce labor and cause spontaneous abortions. Too much of a risk in my opinion.

Other than that, I loved my MTG (excluding the smell of course) and would still be using it if I wasn't expecting.

Actually, reading down a bit, it sounds like your talking about the Mane and Tail stuff sold everywhere...this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the oily stuff that smells like bacon.

wow this information is REALLY IMPORTANT!

Girl thank you, I cant keep up with it all

Like JK said why they all gotta start with a M:spinning:

You're welcome. I know it's kinda confusing because the company did not do the same type of marketing for the MT Rejuvenator that they do for the MT Rebuilder and OCT. Although all three are made by the same company. So all profits still go to the same people. But people should just use what works for them. No need to feel self consious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back