What happened to tha sistahood of hair-growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand why lurkland would be a great place to visit.:look:

I cannot beleive this thread is still here.:nono:

That's exactly how I feel and the things about these kind of threads is, once you forget about a negative thread, someone will bump it back up for the hell of it, to start stuff:ohwell: and then you're sucked right back in... but that's where the ignore feature comes into play:yep:....I suppose:rolleyes:

Irresistible, what do you think would happen if you took a month long break from the board? I'm not saying you should, I just want to know what you think would happen to you if you did? Or even a longer break?

You're welcome! :) Does this mean airything is back to love, peace and hair grease??

I think its more that more people can see just what was really happening now

I'm willing to walk in love peace and hair grease *lol* but from what I have seen I dont think others will, we can only hope!

Irresistible, what do you think would happen if you took a month long break from the board? I'm not saying you should, I just want to know what you think would happen to you if you did? Or even a longer break?

I cannot answer this as I dont really get the line of questioning..... :perplexed:

I have been here for years and come and go when I choose , nothing ever happened one way or another

dang I just really came back for now

Im not in a CLIQUE.... I have 5 kids and thats enough for me to deal with HOWEVER, after reading the past 2 or 3 pages of THIS thread, it seems Cliques are bad EXCEPT when its the new folks vs the old folks.... then it seems like SOME FOLKS are UNTOUCHABLE and NEVER WRONG and ALLOWED to TYPE WHATEVER THEY WANT and when ANYONE with less than XX amount of years on this forum responds differently, they are deemed a drama starter & or troublemaker.... How about they simply have an OPINION on te ORIGINAL POST an SUBSEQUENT issues....

so much for unbiased & fairness on here...

ETA: SOME FOLKS= SEVERAL DIFFERENT MEMBERS THAT BY MY OBSERVATION ARE UBNTOUCHABLE

Last edited:
Nothing! It happens we're just gone! Have you taken one yet?

yes, I have, on more that one occasion, for various lengths of time. And not just this board, but others as well. It really helps to clear any negative energy and then I can come back with a new perspective. And not just negative energy, sometimes you just need a break from the internet and need to immerse yourself back into the real world, FULL TIME, be it a day or a month. I'm not talking about RUNNING AWAY, I'm talking about allowing yourself to refocus your energy, that is all.

Im not in a CLIQUE.... I have 5 kids and thats enough for me to deal with HOWEVER, after reading the past 2 or 3 pages of THIS thread, it seems Cliques are bad EXCEPT when its the new folks vs the old folks.... then it seems like SOME FOLKS are UNTOUCHABLE and NEVER WRONG and ALLOWED to TYPE WHATEVER THEY WANT and when ANYONE with less than XX amount of years on this forum responds differently, they are deemed a drama starter & or troublemaker.... How about they simply have an OPINION on te ORIGINAL POST an SUBSEQUENT issues....

Pretty much People have seemed to forget that respect is a 2-way street.

Meanwhile certain people's posts are being edited and erased when don't back down...The irony

I haven't seen a group of old members pick out a person and then start thrashing them. If that was happening, I'm sure people will speak about it.

yes, I have, on more that one occasion, for various lengths of time. And not just this board, but others as well. It really helps to clear any negative energy and then I can come back with a new perspective. And not just negative energy, sometimes you just need a break from the internet and need to immerse yourself back into the real world, FULL TIME, be it a day or a month. I'm not talking about RUNNING AWAY, I'm talking about allowing yourself to refocus your energy, that is all.

Oh okay, I gotcha!:lachen:Yes, I take breaks, looonnnnnng ones, for months at a time but the atmosphere has definitely changed even when I come back. Fo sho! but seriously when I come back it's still bad blood flowing on here!

I haven't seen a group of old members pick out a person and then start thrashing them. If that was happening, I'm sure people will speak about it.

I havent seen the reverse but yet because someone SAYS its happened, its deemed true

anyway, I came to LHCF when I grew tired of antics elsewhere... but now I realize the antics are the same here, the ONLY difference are the folks here are willing to pay $5.00/$6.50 for them

ETA: SOME FOLKS= SEVERAL DIFFERENT MEMBERS THAT BY MY OBSERVATION ARE UBNTOUCHABLE
The key is I didnt come at anyone personally or indirectly nor disrespect anyone whatseover!

was I supposed to be touchable and what would that entail? what would that mean for me? Because it seems that some might have been out to destroy , at the very least smear my whole character here!

I havent seen the reverse but yet because someone SAYS its happened, its deemed true

anyway, I came to LHCF when I grew tired of antics elsewhere... but now I realize the antics are the same here, the ONLY difference are the folks here are willing to pay $5.00/$6.50 for them

It did happen , its just the threads are deleted now because of how bad it got , but the mods did witness it, nobody is 'just saying' anything

nobody pulled any antics on you here

I have seen a trend where some folx cause havoc at one hair board and then come here with much of the same. :nono: Personally, I don't have the time or energy to e-argue so I rarely type in controversial threads. However, this particular thread has been more entertaining then my weekend "lifetime" viewing :grin:...so, I had to add in my 2 cents!!!

BTW: I love all of my LHCF sista's, and as we with biological sisters know... there's no better way to show your love then with a good throw down:lachen:!!!

Carry on ladies!!!!!

Meanwhile certain people's posts are being edited and erased when don't back down...The irony

I agree respect is a two way street, however, it's obvious from some posts that either folx dont realize this, have a skewed definition of respect, or are just plain and simply choosing not to show it.

I'm not sure if you are referring to this thread, or to other threads on the board as far as post deleted. In this thread, since I have been the ONLY mod to delete them, I can tell you that the posts I deleted were post that would have only served to escalate the drama further. Also, there were several posts in this thread reported that did not agree with the "old heads" that have remained intact. I dont have a problem with folx disagreeing at all, but if petty, veiled insults and and insinuations=not backing down, I can tell you if it's brought to my attention it wil be deleted almost every time.

I am not sure I understand the value of that question. Why does she need to think about what would happen if she was to take a break? Are you suggesting that only she needs a break? It takes at least 2 to tangle. Who are you sending on this sabbatical with her? Lastly, I pose your question back to you. What do you think would happen?

P.S. I realize you posted right after a "what if we all took a "sabbatical " post. But, not only do I not need a "sabbatical" I also would not be ok with someone other than a MOD suggesting or even pondering a "what if" "sabbatical" scenario regarding me.

The only posts I saw that were deleted that were along the lines of disrespect and that ambush kind of thing again!

The Mod knows what she is doing :yep:

She certainly doesnt have anything 'personal' towards anybody

she just didnt let the personal stuff fly!

I agree respect is a two way street, however, it's obvious from some posts that either folx dont realize this, have a skewed definition of respect, or are just plain and simply choosing not to show it.

I'm not sure if you are referring to this thread, or to other threads on the board as far as post deleted. In this thread, since I have been the ONLY mod to delete them, I can tell you that the posts I deleted were post that would have only served to escalate the drama further. Also, there were several posts in this thread reported that did not agree with the "old heads" that have remained intact. I dont have a problem with folx disagreeing at all, but if petty, veiled insults and and insinuations=not backing down, I can tell you if it's brought to my attention it wil be deleted almost every time.

I was referring to this thread. I just find it ironic that with all that has been said, only one side has been edited out. It seems to me that some people are just allowed to do whatever and thats fine. Thats life, it isn't always fair so so be it.

I am not sure I understand the value of that question. Why does she need to think about what would happen if she was to take a break? Are you suggesting that only she needs a break? It takes at least 2 to tangle. Who are you sending on this sabbatical with her? Lastly, I pose your question back to you. What do you think would happen?

P.S. I realize you posted right after a "what if we all took a "sabbatical " post. But, not only do I not need a "sabbatical" I also would not be ok with someone other than a MOD suggesting or even pondering a "what if" "sabbatical" scenario regarding me.

That was a strange question if I ever heard one! :lachen:

I am going to say this and I'm out, b/c I don't do online or IRL life drama.

I really don't think all of this is that deep. Do you all realize that this is the INTERNET? Please, let's all move on!

If e-peeps really get on your nerves that bad, then take a break and only come back if all your hair falls out, other than that, go relax.

As my grandma would say "Go rest your nerves somewhere!" This is getting rediculous.....

I say this out of love, don't want nobody's pressure to go up!:nono::grin:

EDITED TO ADD: that was not directed at you GF b/c you aren't the only one cutting up.

Last edited:
I agree with you Lucia.

The problem comes from many different things.

You got the attention seekers who manage to turn everything around to be about them
You got people throwing stones then looking up like:look: Wasn't me, I didn't mean to hit you
You got people being hypersensitive and they are taking too much to personal
You also have people that feel the need to have something too say all of the time....we don't have too and we don't need to reply to EVERY thread.

now I know everyone will not be able to get along but we can ALL CHOOSE TO BE CORDIAL. use the ignore button when you want avoid something/someone. also report it when it begins to go into a different direction... just step back and say, was that comment necessary. if the answer is no, then take it out. We have to remember that we are all here for happy hair growing, hair health, advise, mentoring, knowledge, support, and/or overall sisterhood!

Co-signing on all the above- why can't we all get along and if not, be the adult and IGNORE and let's be real, I only officially joined last year - this is NOT an oldie vs newbie issue but a Manners vs. Ignorance issue!

I am not sure I understand the value of that question. Why does she need to think about what would happen if she was to take a break? Are you suggesting that only she needs a break? It takes at least 2 to tangle. Who are you sending on this sabbatical with her? Lastly, I pose you question back to you. What do you think would happen?

and that is the difference between you and me. You saw my question as an insult while I saw it as a possible solution for someone who seems deeply offende by a situation and an atmosphere she is NOT GOING TO CHANGE...therefore all she can change is herself (if such change needs to take place) This is what I am suggesting...anything else is in your own head, your own issue, do you. And if you are not ok with someone pondering a sabbatical, then fine, what that gotta do with me? I think it's fine to ponder and ponder i shall.

The only posts I saw that were deleted that were along the lines of disrespect and that ambush kind of thing again!

The Mod knows what she is doing :yep:

She certainly doesnt have anything 'personal' towards anybody

she just didnt let the personal stuff fly!

Again matter of opinion but ok:look:

Co-signing on all the above- why can't we all get along and if not, be the adult and IGNORE and let's be real, I only officially joined last year - this is NOT an oldie vs newbie issue but a Manners vs. Ignorance issue!

Thank You! You hit the nail on the head! :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back