Has anyone gone from BC to BSL; SL to WSL in 1 year or less? Please share tips!

Have You had megagrowth in one year or less?

• Yes and I'm loving it!

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • No, hasn't happened for me!

Votes: 329 89.4%

• Total voters
There is an old thread on here with one woman who changed her diet, started daily co washing I believe and protective styling...and she grew her hair to wl from bsl or maybe even sl in a year. I want to say it was Sherry..but I could be wrong. I don't think it's impossible. But I don't think it will happen with just growth aides. I'll see if I can find the thread.

i know a girl in my one of my classes at university 1/2 japanese she was telling some pple that she's gonna sell her hair for a wig because it only takes her a year to grow her hair from SL to WL. it's true tho' when we first started uni back in sep 06 she was about collar bone length and when i saw her again when we resumed in oct 07 she was between mbl and wl and she doesn't have a high waist or a short back or anything like that. genetics i guess................

Are you serious? :eek: Dang girl, you could actually be WL before the year is out!

:lol: yes, i'm serious. i'm 5'1 plus i have a short torso; WL is about 14 inches in total from the nape. i have a short neck too (lucky me :lachen:) so the difference from chin to SL, APL etc is not much. therefore, although my hair at the front is not as long as the nape, it wont take long to catch up.

i've just put my hair in braids and plan to protective style for 6 months this year. i'm going to try and maximise my growth rate through diet, growth aids and supplements. however, i still think i'll get there in around 1.5 years.

Last edited:
There is an old thread on here with one woman who changed her diet, started daily co washing I believe and protective styling...and she grew her hair to wl from bsl or maybe even sl in a year. I want to say it was Sherry..but I could be wrong. I don't think it's impossible. But I don't think it will happen with just growth aides. I'll see if I can find the thread.

That's what I'm talking about:lol:

I kinda started this thread as a joke, but hey, if there are real women who can do this...........share the wealth/knowledge:lol::yep:

LOL Coco girl you be ON it ! If anyone's gonna have long hair it will be you.

I've gone from one length to the other in like 6 months. I've shedded there after and had to clip. But I guess I washed biweekly, detangled in the shower, conditioned with every wash. That's really all. Wish I could add some more. I kept my hair down or in a pony if I was running to the store very quickly. I use affirm products also. Oh I'm MBL towards wl.

:lol::lol: @ the bolded. Speak blessings over my hair :amen: and :amen: :thankyou::yep:

So ladies, I'm just about APL with layers:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: (never going to a stylist for a "trim" ever again!)........so do you think BSL in one year from now is realistic?:look:

I definitely think that you can be BSL by the year's end (if not sooner). That's probably about 4.5 inches of growth:yep:

I'm about 5'7-5'8 with a longgggggggg torso so about 4.5 inches for bsl and 7 inches for my ultimate goal of "rib length" hair:lick::drunk:

I think you'll make BSL before you think. 4.5 inches in a year sounds do-able. I'm guessing it depends on your growth rate, but even then, you can make it by next year, if not sooner. :yep:

:lol: yes, i'm serious. i'm 5'1 plus i have a short torso; WL is about 14 inches in total from the nape. i have a short neck too (lucky me :lachen:) so the difference from chin to SL, APL etc is not much. therefore, although my hair at the front is not as long as the nape, it wont take long to catch up.

i've just put my hair in braids and plan to protective style for 6 months this year. i'm going to try and maximise my growth rate through diet, growth aids and supplements. however, i still think i'll get there in around 1.5 years.

Short neck, short torso. Girl, you killing me. :laugh:

Waist-length on you will barely be BSL on me. :spinning:

I think you'll make BSL before you think. 4.5 inches in a year sounds do-able. I'm guessing it depends on your growth rate, but even then, you can make it by next year, if not sooner. :yep:
yea my hair grows about half inch a month and a little quicker in the warmer months and thats WITHOUT vitamins. I just want to leave a little room for trims or possible setbacks (which WILL NOT happen)! SO BSL by the end of 08 it is!

Congratulations to you girl. You need to start a thread so we can give you your own shotout! I am transitioning and cut from BSL to SL, and hoping to be back by end of 2008!

Thank you =)
Yall will see a thread when I make mid back length

Wow...
From my nape to waist is 19''
From crown to waist is 28"

It's going to take me for ever to get to waistlength unstreched.....:sad:

Wow...
From my nape to waist is 19''
From crown to waist is 28"

It's going to take me for ever to get to waistlength unstreched.....:sad:

No it won't!

Cichelle is a 3b/c and she reached waist length unstretched in a little under 2 years. I think she was neck length unstretched after she BC'ed. I hope she doesn't mind, but here is her fotki (her password is in her profile): http://public.fotki.com/Cichelle/

You can do it! :grin:

No it won't!

Cichelle is a 3b/c and she reached waist length unstretched in a little under 2 years. I think she was neck length unstretched after she BC'ed. I hope she doesn't mind, but here is her fotki (her password is in her profile): http://public.fotki.com/Cichelle/

You can do it! :grin:

Thanks. I keep reminding myself of this also! I am transitioning, and didn't want to BC, but I want to take a leap of faith!

I don't know ladies? I'm a true believer in anything is possible. I think the growth rate is lots of heads put together and then divided by the number of people participating. I learned how to take care of my hair on January 2, 2008. It's been 4 months and I see at least 2 to 3 inches of growth....hey, wait a minute...let's see take 3, divide it by 4 months and some odd days.... .75 is 3/4" ok. I'm average. I thought I was the miracle child! I guess that is the average even though some grow faster than others. HAPPY HAIR GROWING!:grin:

:lachen::lachen:Too funny.

from my experience BC to BSL it more like 2.5 to 3.5 years, SL to WSL is closer to 1.5 to 2.5 years depending on your growth rate & retention.

Perhaps if you were a man...

Seriously, I have many male friends whose hair grows at crazy rates. I have one in particular with curly red hair, and he'll shave his head...about 6-8 months later he'll be back at SL stretched. He complains about how fast his hair grows.:wallbash:

Perhaps if you were a man...

Seriously, I have many male friends whose hair grows at crazy rates. I have one in particular with curly red hair, and he'll shave his head...about 6-8 months later he'll be back at SL stretched. He complains about how fast his hair grows.:wallbash:
it could be the fact that most men dont use any product on their scalp. idk but most of the men i know may put grease on their hair 2 maybe 3 times a week but never anything on their scalp. to be honest with you since i started wahing every sunday and co washing every wednsday or thursday i havent really been putting anything on my scalp and its been growing like crazy.

Your signature reminded me of an episode I watched on House DVD the other day...I think I'm on Season 2 or so...Anyways... the woman was actually a man w/ undescended testes making "shim" pure estrogen but still "technically" male. I forgot the technical term but I was like WOW... All men start out as women... we truly are the superior gender!

I would not BC based on the potential accuracy of this theory...

Back