What do you consider MBL?

Brandi

My hair is about an inch or two past the BSL, but I don't consider this MBL yet. Maybe about four inches under the bra strap and I'll be convinced. Am I on point? Or would you consider me at this goal?

Just curious??

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I love about this site. I can log on day or night and get confirmation! Now, I need to edit my signature to April 08 for MBL! Thanks ladies.

Last edited:
the inches are different on everybody, but its pretty much the middle between brastrap and waist length

MBL for me is 2-3 inches below bra strap but it's true the inches will vary from person to person. I need about 5 inches (from BSL) to get to WL so I divided that in half to calculate where approximately MBL on me is.

The area between waist and bra strap. You can't consider it bsl it's past that....lots of people consider bottom of bs to be midback.

I wont officially consider myself MBL til all of my hair is 2 inches past BSL. I have about 5in between the bottom of BSL and WSL, so basically I agree w/ whoever said it's halfway.

MBL is different on everyone because it depends on the length of your back. If your back is 28 inches then the middle of your back is at 14. MBL can be the same as BSL or WL depending on the person.

MBL is different on everyone because it depends on the length of your back. If your back is 28 inches then the middle of your back is at 14. MBL can be the same as BSL or WL depending on the person.[/quote

ITA, my hair on someone else could be wl or tbl.

I say anywhere between BSB and waist. I say BSB since some brastraps fall at different places. The end of my bra strap is pretty much MBL.

ETA: Technically wouldn't mid back be between shoulder and waist. That whole area is our back so if you go from shoulder to waist the mid point between the two would be mid back, no?? :look:

Last edited:
I say anywhere between BSB and waist. I say BSB since some brastraps fall at different places. The end of my bra strap is pretty much MBL.

ETA: Technically wouldn't mid back be between shoulder and waist. That whole area is our back so if you go from shoulder to waist the mid point between the two would be mid back, no?? :look:

I'm no anatomy expert but I thought your back started at the bottom of your neck(shoulders) and ended right above your hips/butt. Your lower back is below your natural waist so your back couldn't possibly stop at your waist. Therefore midback can't be halfway between your shoulders and waist. If it were, MBL for me would be above my brastrap.

Maybe you meant the place where jeans/pants fall...not the natural waist (which is usually a little above the belly button)?

MBL is not just some arbitrary spot you can choose between BSL and WL. Yes it does fall there for a lot of people but, if you're high waisted or have a really long torso MBL might be below your waist. MBL is just that, MIDDLE BACK length...the middle of your back...halfway between the top and the bottom.

Last edited:
Good thread because I've been trying to determine MBL. I'm inches past BSl when stretched. :look:

Back