Were You Taught Or Do You Teach Your Children Not To Date People With Certain

My mom told me to never date a man with Peyronie's Disease.

She never said why, but she said that they will mess me up, in a bad way. I didn't believe her until I tried it and I WILL NEVER date one again.

Am I the only one who had to google that?

I never knew there was a name for it. Thanks @AHeadOfCoils

(Your screenname +Peyronie's disease is cracking me up right now. :giggle:

My mom told me to never date a man with Peyronie's Disease.

She never said why, but she said that they will mess me up, in a bad way. I didn't believe her until I tried it and I WILL NEVER date one again.

OMG I'm laughing so hard at this. Around what age were you when she gave you this advice?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

My mother never gave me any man advice. I don't think she would care no matter what I dated. My mother was a single mom and she dated a lot of losers. I think she thought if she talked about what not to do that would be the thing I would do. Plus, I don't think she felt she could advise me in that way considering her own track record. I never liked any of her boyfriends and they were pretty much all the same dude with different names and faces. So, I figured out what I didn't want by looking at the losers she bought home.

OMG I'm laughing so hard at this. Around what age were you when she gave you this advice?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I was like 19, I think. No, I was 19. My girlfriends threw me a stripper party and one of the strippers pulled out his ding dong. My mom was like "oowweee chile. That's that thang you don't want". I will never forget that night.

She got up and left because she was so disgusted. :lachen:

I was like 19, I think. No, I was 19. My girlfriends threw me a stripper party and one of the strippers pulled out his ding dong. My mom was like "oowweee chile. That's that thang you don't want". I will never forget that night.

She got up and left because she was so disgusted. :lachen:
:dead:

A meme was just born.

"That's that thang you don't want." -- Credited to AHeadOfCoils' mom.
Registered with the Internet on October 16, 2012. :lol:

calliope said:
Never be with a man who is prettier/better looking than you. You gotta keep him humble.

This is actually good advice lol.

My mother never gave me any advice regarding men. So it took ca 34 years to figure those things out by myself.

My father said never to marry because a man will only take my money :lachen: He was a feminist when it concerned his daughter.

Both of my parents told me not to marry a broke man and my father told my brothers not to marry a stupid woman.

Yes I am quoting myself.

@ the bolded, when Nick Lachay was married to Jessica Simpson and she asked him whether chicken of the sea was fish or chicken, my daddys words rang in my ears.

I think Nick's future stupid children flashed before his eyes in that moment and he was having none of it.

nothing physically...because men are naturally picky from a physical perspective.

I just tell them they need to bring home someone who can hold a candle against their mother.

My granny told me to avoid men with thick necks lol, she said they had anger problems.

My mom told me not to mess with older men because they have worms, and because you'll just end up taking care of them.

My mom told me not to mess with older men because they have worms, and because you'll just end up taking care of them.

Ok, I forgot that my mother said this too.

I still don't know what that **** means, but it was enough to turn my stomach at the idea of a man more than 10 years older than me.

Something about beady eyes, lol. They never really explicitly said what type men to date. I just sort of got an idea. However I wish they were explicit bc a lot of character traits I discovered on my own mom could have saved me a lot of time.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

only thing was to never date someone w/ less education than myself.

and i just expand that to everything. he has to be on my level (or better) in every aspect.

Back