Well, I TRIED to go Red....(pics)

I think the color you got looks fab! Please don't damage your hair trying to get a certain color. It honestly looks good.

I think the color you got looks fab! Please don't damage your hair trying to get a certain color. It honestly looks good.

I love your avatar hair.

Yeah I'm gunna leave it be for a couple weeks then go to a pro and see what he can do with it. natural detroit convinced me lol

I'll definitely be DCing more often now in hopes of having no damage issues from being a colored natural.

i love it!

i wanted to dye some of my tracks bright red last year and found:
L'Oreal - Excellence - L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red Fire
&
L'Oreal - Excellence - L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red

i never tried it, but the pics i've seen did come out really bright...its formulated especially for dark hair

this is a mix of the red fire, and the red highlights
2wqzfwz.jpg

Last edited:
WOW I love how it goes from light to dark...Did you do any other treatment to break down the color before you colored it? What kinda die did you use?

Girl, your hair could be green and it would still be gorgeous!!!:love:

But seriously though, I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but it's still a beautiful color IMHO.:yep:

Keep on trying until you're satisfied and have the color you want.

I really like this color on you. It goes well with your skintone and it is a gradual move into red. If that makes sense.

I strongly suggest Softsheen*Carson's Hi Rez dye. It'll get your hair ridiculously red. It gave me the red I had been looking for.

Thinking about trying Creme of Nature's hair dye, but we'll see. Never used it. I've been off the dye for 5 years, but it's calling me back. .

Before redoing the color, make sure to do a protein conditioner and a moisturizing conditioner days before. Your hair will appreciate it.

^^ YEAH HI REZ don't play!! it felt drying, & brittle for me later me tho'

and I've done tons of creme of nature box colors as well... liked them too

like them both... Hi Rez is super strong! I think (it used to be) one of the strongest box colors available

bigen and Jazzing are rinses... but I swear they act JUST LIKE permanents for whatever reason

^^ YEAH HI REZ don't play!! it felt drying, & brittle for me later me tho'

and I've done tons of creme of nature box colors as well... liked them too

like them both... Hi Rez is super strong! I think (it used to be) one of the strongest box colors available

bigen and Jazzing are rinses... but I swear they act JUST LIKE permanents for whatever reason

i wanna see some PICS!:yep:

Thanks to this thread, I now have a box of Hi Rez in "Ruby Quake." I hope you're happy, OP. *kicks Whimsy in the shins* Bad enough your twist out is fierce, but now this. Sheesh.

Thanks to this thread, I now have a box of Hi Rez in "Ruby Quake." I hope you're happy, OP. *kicks Whimsy in the shins* Bad enough your twist out is fierce, but now this. Sheesh.

OW!
*rubbing shin*

You're welcome violent hefffer!

The current color is very lovely on you-but vibrant red requires bleaching.
Keep in mind that even if the box only says 'hi-lift color' or whatever-it is actually bleaching and coloring in one process.
And def wait longer than a day!!
PLease dont mess up your luscious locks trying to DIY if you dont know how to do a bleaching process using professional products-cuz I wouldnt recommend box color.
You will probably have to go at least 30vol. to strip the current color, then redeposit the color you want....

If that was you who posted the other 'red hair thread', I posted some pics, and I was bleached out then colored with Adore semi-permanent to get it that bright...(I started out with yellow hair, if that tells you how light it started out as!)

Last edited:
The current color is very lovely on you-but vibrant red requires bleaching.
Keep in mind that even if the box only says 'hi-lift color' or whatever-it is actually bleaching and coloring in one process.
And def wait longer than a day!!
PLease dont mess up your luscious locks trying to DIY if you dont know how to do a bleaching process using professional products-cuz I wouldnt recommend box color.
You will probably have to go at least 30vol. to strip the current color, then redeposit the color you want....

If that was you who posted the other 'red hair thread', I posted some pics, and I was bleached out then colored with Adore semi-permanent to get it that bright...(I started out with yellow hair, if that tells you how light it started out as!)

Thanks, i love that you said yellow instead of blonde :)
I just want the length of my hair to match the roots...i'll be going to a pro....reluctantly :)

Back