Well...I finally found my hair hater!

Wow, you have some beautiful hair! Yeah, your hair would be hard to miss...if your co-worker couldn't handle it, then that's just too bad. :nono:

How did you get it to look that way...with the curly/wavy ends? Thx...

If you have to "tone down" your happiness then that's a huge sign that this person is not your friend. Why should you tone anything down? Its just hair and if you never wear it down for your own personal reasons then obviously you're not going around flaunting it.

If you go to exoticmommie's thread "can I live vicariously through you" You'll find that people sometimes can't handle beautiful long hair :grin: They get all silly and act a fool. Whatever, just flip your hair and keep doing what you're doing.

I agree! Friends with good intentions and who wants nothing but the best for you will support/uplift you and help you shine your light bright. When you are up they are happy for you (without having their own happiness threatened) and when you are down they try to help you overcome.

Answering more questions....

Before I begin, Ediese, please refrain from posting pics of ‘Big Bros’ without providing their names, telephone numbers and addresses.
Thanks,
Management.

1. Temflash, your comment about 'shattered stereotypes' is very tempting and I am leaning towards this explanation of her behavior.

2. Her hair type is 2b/c, APL grazing BSL (more towards APL though) heavily highlighted with blond streaks, lots of visible split ends (I brought my scissors to work just for her. I plan to do a 'search and destroy' throughout her whole head to avoid having to get a trim from a stylist which usually turns out to be a cut), medium density but used to be thicker, she recently got bangs because of extreme damage. Since she prefers to wear her hair straight, she flat irons mostly every day and has worn her hair curly one time within the past 2.5 years. I explained to her that if she wanted to nurse her hair back to health, she needed to stop flat ironing for a few months (maybe in the Summer) and at some point in the future she could resume using the iron but less frequently and more carefully. I've asked the board questions on her behalf in the past. A lil' more insight: one time she exclaimed 'my baby ain't got no kinky hair!' but yet says her daughter's hair is like mine. I've seen her daughter’s hair and yep, she's a type 4.

3. Song of Serenity, I looked at this situation from various angles and it's pretty clear. It would be tough to argue the 'how do you know it's even like that' perspective. Although, maybe she doesn’t care enough about my hair to say anything or maybe she was pretending to like me all along. She sure sounded excited last week though. We all know what shrinkage can do, so maybe she got bamboozled by the shrinkage! Either way, like you, I'm happy it didn't go down that path :)

4. Mwedzi, I braided my hair in six sections from root to tip and curled with a perm rod (see pic). My hair does NOT stay curly when dry. How do Longhairdontcare (from YT) and Sylver 2 do it?

5. She didn't say anything to me all day yesterday. She's out of the office today (planned). I thought to say hello but was too disappointed in how she ignored my obvious change in hairstyle to say anything. I decided to leave it alone and focus on my happiness. It helped to laugh reading the comments in this thread. I’ll update again when the silence is broken.
I love you guys…errr gals.

PS- I wore one braid today. No-no it’s going to rain and snow the rest of the week.

Attachments

• braid and curl.jpg
    braid and curl.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 56
To play devils advocate, maybe she doesn't like it and doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Maybe she's one of those people who think if it isn't "sleek, and swinging" it isn't cute.

To play devils advocate, maybe she doesn't like it and doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Maybe she's one of those people who think if it isn't "sleek, and swinging" it isn't cute.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't think her "friend" likes big beautiful hair :look:, especially since OP stated that her "friend" flat irons her hair every day and has only worn her hair curly once in 2 years.

Oh well, to each its own, but I absolutely love your hair :lick:.

I welcome devils advocates!

Here's why it doesn't fly. The other girls in the group were 'lovelingly' harassing me about flat ironing my hair. One even asked her if she had a flat iron :lachen:

Last week, I warned them (her including in the conversation) it would be big and not slick down how 'I know ya'll like it.' Admittedly, I said that to manage their expectation. So, a comment of "wow, your hair" would have sufficed. I'm positive that everybody who commented didn't love the hair. In this culture, we are taught to be polite (PC) and not effusive. I've seen her make polite comments on things/people at work but secretly feel differently (I know because we talked about those things). Verdana She said NOTHING which is why it's suspect IMHO.

Who knows, maybe it's the exact reason why she didn't say anything afterall!

Last edited:
Girl your hair is gorgeous! I would tell her to kick rocks. Then I would shake the haters off by dusting my shoulders off with my awesome hair swang if I were you! :o)

5. She didn't say anything to me all day yesterday. She's out of the office today (planned). I thought to say hello but was too disappointed in how she ignored my obvious change in hairstyle to say anything. I decided to leave it alone and focus on my happiness. It helped to laugh reading the comments in this thread. I’ll update again when the silence is broken.
I love you guys…errr gals.

Oh My!! That is some hair!!! Is that a blow dried twist out?

4. Mwedzi, I braided my hair in six sections from root to tip and curled with a perm rod (see pic). My hair does NOT stay curly when dry. How do Longhairdontcare (from YT) and Sylver 2 do it?

Your hair is Beautiful!!!! She was not ready for all of the attention you got. I would continue to be nice, but no more free hair advice for her.

:cry::cry::grin::grin:

Your hair is the most beautifuliest hair I have seen. You have done an amazing job with your hair. That's an accomplishment for you to be proud of. No matter what others think.

Happy Growing Sista. Waist length here you come.

Oh she saw you alright! It must have been a bit much for her eyes to process looking at you and your gorgeous head of hair!!!

yea some females are lke that, i kno my friend who has a white female friend and she is like a frenimie to her, bcus the blk girls hair is longer then the white girls so she is always making jokes about how her hair is gonna fall out soon bcus of all the nappiness or how she cant go in the pool or have fun like her. its weird how ppl can b so jealous of someone who is doing better then them. but oooo well ur hair is amazing and inspirational. i loveeeee loveeee ur sig pic too. i cant wait until my hair looks like that. =)

thats one thing i dont want ever, is a hair hater!!

if i worked with you, id be talking your head offf every day about hair!!!!!! i love your hair.

Back