Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Hi Ladies, I Can't decide what hair to use for my next sew in for February. I am thinking to use my Remi Goddess again (as its still in quite good condition). I was thinking to just buy 1x new pack of Remi Goddess and use the fresher/ newer hair at the front and use the older hair at the back esp as it has already been cut. I am also thinking to do a full head weave next time with no closure in order to give my leave out area a well earned rest from the weekly flat-ironing/ straightening I have been subjecting it to for the last 3 months. My current hairdresser has told me that she prefers not to use closures as she feels they are less realistic. Here is an exampleS of her work;

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=1

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=2

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ture&friendID=279679096&albumId=260191&page=3

Also I am thinking that kinky curly hair right now might not be the most practical in winter especially if I keep needing to wet it etc !!!

Also ladies what do you think of this Kinky Curly hair? Its a 3C texture apparently....

[That picture is a stolen photo!! That is actually my sister's hair. They stole her photo!! My sister was a member here and is an active member of BHM. The real vendor of that hair is a UK vendor, that is actually virgin curly hair. Can someone please tell me what site did you get this photo from??????? so that they can be reported.

I'm getting a full head sew in on Friday and I'm buying hair tomorrow. Deciding between Sensual Divine Yaki and Goddess Remi. Anyone have any thoughts about Divine? I've done searches on here and BHM but havent seen anything. It's the newest from Sensual I believe.

Ive been on hiatus for a minute the last weave i had done was in January to February and only kept for a month.

I just got my weave back in by Unique Monique and I used Wagmans NC--i love it!! :)

Maybe i'll be able to hold onto this for 2 months instead of 1 month :)

Blackbarbie I usually do a good deep condition with whatever I have at home(moisturizing conditioner or protein conditioner) and I also do one when I remove the sewin.

I've been out of my weave for 2 weeks now! I relaxed and I've been wearing my hair flat-ironed... I'm pleased with my progress! Now, I've been waiting on a some hair from a Chinese Vender for well over a month. I need my weave back ASAP!!!

Hi Ladies

Im still hanging in the challenge. I took down my third install last night. I had a new braider and i really could have kept it up longer but i was afraid of how my hair would hold up underneath. So far so good. Im going to take two weeks off and do a BKT treatment to help with some blending issues with my next install and to help strengthen my hair underneath.

Im stil trying to decide what type of hair to get for my next install. I really want big curls but im not sure which hair to get. Any suggestions?

lurking and i have a few questions -- i am doing my first self-install EVER this week. i was supposed to do it yesterday, but my cousin didn't come over and braid my base like she was supposed to. this is the first sew-in i have had since i was transitioning in 2007.

i bought the hair in a 4, then i realized it is WAY off base from my hair color (which i can never get matched) so i bought a demi-permanent dye yesterday. now i will do this tonight. should i color my hair THEN DC or do the DC first? anyone have any photos of how they blended their leaveout with a deep wave sew-in? i will be leaving out a 1/2" perimeter and a horseshoe using this braiding pattern.

ppg, i will be on the lookout for your posts. i am getting bobraz this summer and this is my practice sew-in....hate to buy that expensive hair and jack it up trying to sew it in.

try doing a twist out or a braid out, on your hair to help blend. depending how deep the wave is can help you determine how big or small to twist/braid your hair to help blend.

I think I will try setting it on small rollers or doing bantu knots. i will rollerset my leaveout to straighten it, then hit the roots with a flat iron.

i'm planning my next install, not sure straight or wavy, but i will update when done, hopefully in next couple of weeks

OMG yall do not know how excited i am. I just ordered some Wagmans NC and I am soooo excited!!!! I ordered two day shipping cause i just couldnt wait 5-7 says lol. I have an appointment for an install on Friday

I still have my January install..plan on taking it out this weekend...I pray my hair hasnt dreaded/matted...whats the longest yall have left a weave in with no matts?

I still have my January install..plan on taking it out this weekend...I pray my hair hasnt dreaded/matted...whats the longest yall have left a weave in with no matts?

Just checkin in, it's been a while for me but I'm still weaving it up:wave:!

I left my last install in from Dec 5th - March 12th, with no issue. Ediesse is the queen of long-term installs. she does not promote that for everyone but knows her hair can definitely handle it. I believe she's gone as long as 5 months. She's now MBL :yep:

Anywho, i'll try to post her takedown reggie but I believe it includes leaving conditioner/oils on the hair overnight to help loosen the braids. I hear it helps ALOT with the takedown process. Maybe others can offer additional advice....

I've been M.I.A. but here's a pic of my current install, had it for about a month nw. Its a BSS brand, idk the name. the red pack lol silky yaki 14".

I actually like it. I washed it twice already, not much shedding or anything.

Attachments

• 26456_276764709980_500109980_788093_16152_n.jpg
    26456_276764709980_500109980_788093_16152_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 85
Anyone can suggest some products for my Wagmans NC? I used a product on my hair and it just made it hard :(

Hi! I am on my 3rd install with the same batch of Wagmans. It honestly doesn't need a lot of product. Definitely wash whatever you have in it out, condition it (you can use an instant conditioner) and brush or comb through it with the conditioner. Then just add a little kinky curly custard (if you have that), regular conditioner, noodle head, or some similar product. I have actually washed and conditioned it several times before without putting anything in it afterwards and it still turned out pretty. Just don't over do it on the products and you should be fine.

What did you put in that made it hard?

Just checkin in, it's been a while for me but I'm still weaving it up:wave:!

I left my last install in from Dec 5th - March 12th, with no issue. Ediesse is the queen of long-term installs. she does not promote that for everyone but knows her hair can definitely handle it. I believe she's gone as long as 5 months. She's now MBL :yep:

Anywho, i'll try to post her takedown reggie but I believe it includes leaving conditioner/oils on the hair overnight to help loosen the braids. I hear it helps ALOT with the takedown process. Maybe others can offer additional advice....

So I took it down yesterday (Sunday 4/25/10...had it installed wednesday 1/6/10) 3 days shy of 4 months...with no matting or dreading at all...I probably couldve gone longer...my hair underneath was well moisturised....I plan on reinstalling soon:) love this weave challenge...thanks and thanks loulou82 for starting this challenge:)

Last edited:
So I took it down yesterday (Sunday 4/25/10...had it installed wednesday 1/6/10) 3 days shy of 4 months...with no matting or dreading at all...I probably couldve gone longer...my hair underneath was well moisturised....I plan on reinstalling soon:) love this weave challenge...thanks and thanks loulou82 for starting this challenge:)

Ooo wee! Four months is great. I want to go 3 months but now I'm thinking 4 months may be doable. How often did you moisturize your own hair underneath?

Hi, couldn't join the challenge cos I found out too late so I'm just lurking. Can someone please tell me what "sealing the weft" means? Thank you :)

Ooo wee! Four months is great. I want to go 3 months but now I'm thinking 4 months may be doable. How often did you moisturize your own hair underneath?
2-3 times/week with my homemade concotion:lachen:...sometimes a little more..I had the bobraz installed so I didnt wash for the 1st month (i know, BAD ME...lol) bcos I wanted to wear it straight...after the 1st month I co washed only, no poo , once every 2 weeks...Im not gonna lie...I was concerned about matting/locking underneath bcos im natural 4B and my type of hair locks easily but I was too busy with school and work to uninstall sooner...when I did unistall Sunday, I did think to mself...I probably couldve gone 2 more weeks if I wanted...HTH

2-3 times/week with my homemade concotion:lachen:...sometimes a little more..I had the bobraz installed so I didnt wash for the 1st month (i know, BAD ME...lol) bcos I wanted to wear it straight...after the 1st month I co washed only, no poo , once every 2 weeks...Im not gonna lie...I was concerned about matting/locking underneath bcos im natural 4B and my type of hair locks easily but I was too busy with school and work to uninstall sooner...when I did unistall Sunday, I did think to mself...I probably couldve gone 2 more weeks if I wanted...HTH

I think the reason you didn't have any problems , cause you only cowashed every 2weeks and you moisturized heavily. I'm gonna have to try your regiman, okay you know you have to tell us your homemade concotion. Lol

I had my weave in from 1/16/10-4/08/10 :grin: I originally had it braided in preparation for my weave install on 1/10/10, so close to 90 days! I had no matting or any kind of craziness.

I never sprayed on a moisture mist the whole time, but my hair was super moist and a little oily when I was taking it down. I definitely felt like I could go longer, but my weave was looking wack!

My roots, however, were new to the whole detangling game, so I introduced them to conditioner and they slowly came to life.

I'm in crochet braids for the next 2-4 weeks. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a weave right now or wear a full lace wig.

I think the reason you didn't have any problems , cause you only cowashed every 2weeks and you moisturized heavily. I'm gonna have to try your regiman, okay you know you have to tell us your homemade concotion. Lol

Yea...ur right...and I attribute my lack of "setback" mostly to NO POOING:yep::yep::yep:...my homemade concotion is just a mixture of moisturising products...lol...I mixed proline comb thru softner (my hair loves this stuff) + carefree curl gold instant activator + African royale spray + a little bit of aphogee green tea keratin spray + grape seed oil and some water in an applicator bottle and applied on the tracks...HTH

I had my weave in from 1/16/10-4/08/10 :grin: I originally had it braided in preparation for my weave install on 1/10/10, so close to 90 days! I had no matting or any kind of craziness.

I never sprayed on a moisture mist the whole time, but my hair was super moist and a little oily when I was taking it down. I definitely felt like I could go longer, but my weave was looking wack!

My roots, however, were new to the whole detangling game, so I introduced them to conditioner and they slowly came to life.

I'm in crochet braids for the next 2-4 weeks. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a weave right now or wear a full lace wig.

What were u using to moisturise underneath? oil?

What were u using to moisturise underneath? oil?

Nope, nothing. I used Jason's Dandruff Relief Shampoo once every 2 weeks to cleanse, and Deva No Poo conditioner on the Halley's Curls weave. That's about it...I had a net and it was really hard to get to the hair until 2 weeks later when my hair started to grow again. The only parts I could get to were the hair that was left out and my edges.

I did wet my hair every other day :look: without running product through the weave.

Surprisingly, it was super soft and oily after the takedown. :yep:

Back