Weave It Up Challenge 2010

Hey dolls! I got a sew in done about 3 weeks ago with this wavy "virgin indian remy" hair. But after I went to miami for spring break and came back it was a nappy mess! So I bought 2 packs of Goddess Remy hair a 14" and a 10" and got it redone...I didn't take out the cornrows underneath though just the hair. I'm happier now and it looks great. The pic of the new hair is in my siggy

I will be taking out my install on Monday or Tuesday. I have an appointment with my stylist Wed, im not sure if I will be gettin another install or just a relaxer and cutting this crap off. I'm so over my hair right now.

Hi, not part of the challenge but I have a question (am getting ready to weave it up for a year, until graduation, after I take out these twists). The whole net thing over the cornrows, what is the point of that? Can you still get to your braids to moisturize and your scalp for nourishment?

HI Ladies
Here’s my update: I just took down my Jan/Feb install. I originally installed around/about Jan. 19th but took it down the first week in Feb to redo the braid pattern. During that time I gave myself a trim ( thought I took off 2 inches, but actually think it was closer to a little over an inch). I just reinstalled this weekend and I am happy I am back to my Jan. Starting point (grazing the top of BSB). Below are pictures of my latest install. I hope to keep this in 8 weeks before putting in my AAMH Kinky Curly hair for the summerJ

Attachments

• March Install 1.jpg
    March Install 1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 46
  • March Install 2.jpg
    March Install 2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 48
I know I am no longer actively in this challenge - but thought I would just offer my support from the side-lines and hope you are all growing and retaining those inches !!! :woot: :woot:

I installed Boh Braz last week...So far so good....it took me a few days to nail down how I would care for this hair but I pretty much have it down pat now.

Hopefully this hair will last me into june! I really like it. I did have to adjust to the length because the hair is 14'' and I am 5'3'' 1/2 with a small torso so it is a little long.

I better see some flipping awsome growth between now and june because I miss my hair but Im serious about retention!

Hey ladies...I havent updated in a while...I still have the install I put in Jan 6th...I will be taking it out next week (spring break...total of 12 weeks= 3 months)and may be reinstalling or doing a combo of weave/crotchet braids.

I decided to put my hair back up after a much need break. Right now i an wearing a half wig so i can take it down at night.

Update - Hey ladies. I'm taking a break from weaves for a few weeks. I've been wearing my hair in weaves for about 5 months already (started last fall before the challenge), and just need a short break.
I'm going to be rocking some wigs for a while.

Hey ladies...for those of you who order from Halley's curls have you ever purchased the Miami ripple hair? I'm thinking of ordering it and wearing it for the summer so I can continue my relaxer stretch...heres a link..

http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/Miami Ripple - Ultra-Premium Malaysian Remy Hair.html

That hair looks preeeetttyy!! Thanks for the link!! Has anyone tried the miami relaxed? It looks super veratile and something I wouldn't mind wearing for a year or two!! The silk closure is that reusable as well?

Last edited:
That hair looks preeeetttyy!! Thanks for the link!! Has anyone tried the miami relaxed? It looks super veratile and something I wouldn't mind wearing for a year or two!! The silk closure is that reusable as well?

I have Miami Relaxed! I've had it in for 2 back to back installs and I'm getting kinda tired of the hair. It does tangle and kinda draws up on my shoulders but, I think that's just because of the length. The hair does shed some and I sealed my wefts. I love the care free nature of it... I just dampen in the the mornings and I'm good to go. I braid my leave out and it blends perfectly.

Halley's Curl has had TERRIBLE reviews on customer service. My transactions have been pretty smooth but, I don't plan on ordering hair from there again. HTH

Ok I took a break from my weave for about three weeks and just got a new install today. I plan to have it last for about two months

Hi Ladies,

I know it's too late to join the challenge, but I hope you don't mind if I post in the thread. I'm getting my first weave tonight, and I'm scared. I'm 12 weeks post relaxer. I haven't figured out what I'm going to buy for moisturizing my braids daily yet, but I'll get something this weekend. Anyway, thanks for all of the helpful information.

Panamoni

On friday I took down my hair and did a wash and DC....I had in the Bo Braz for 4 week and I love it!

Sat I re-installed the same and will keep this in for another 4 weeks or more.

I've been slacking on my own challenge. lol. But I relocated last week and haven't had to much time for my recently. It's been 4 weeks since my second install. I'm probably going for another 10 weeks.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Laides

Things are going well on my end. I just removed an install I had for two weeks becasue I got bored with straight hair. For now I plan to take a slight break from weaves until mid may when I install my AAMH Kinky Curly. For now I still have my hair braided and will wear wigs as my protective style.

I have had my weave in since January 16th. I am taking it out this week on Wednesday night after I get off of work :grin:

It will get braided again on Friday so that I can put some of my crochet braids in.

For those of you who wear straight hair weaves, what's your moisture regimen and what products do you use? Thanks.

I have had my weave in since January 16th. I am taking it out this week on Wednesday night after I get off of work :grin:

It will get braided again on Friday so that I can put some of my crochet braids in.
Thats a good idea...having someone do the cornrows while u crotchet urself...what kind of hair will u be using?

Just regular ol' micro braids (by Leo). I got 10 packs, but that is way too much. I plan on wearing them for 1 month, so I'll always have extras.

Hey ladies thought Id put some recent pics of my miami ripple relaxed, I love this hair maintanence wise, I just spray bottle it in the am and go, if I want more defined curls I add garnier fructuose curling gel, or cantu shea butter moisturiser in the tub, my real hair loves that stuff, anyway just some candid of the hair I love it for a curly,natural look, its not shiny and baby dollish at all, I do however want a more polished sleek style for my trip to ny in a couple we so Ill do 2 more weeks of this install, get my virgin indian back and wear that for awhile, Idk how long yet though

Hey ladies Im in my second install for the year, I have been in this install since March 6, will stretch this install to the end of this month...I have indique curly, and halleys closure...will post a pic...I took the closure down though my head itch to bad, so I only put the closure back on when Im going out, other than that I wear a hand band and the where my hair is braided it looks like I have braids going to the side with a curly weave...but at this point I dont care as long as my hair is growing...

Back